Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:20 PM

Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? (1661 Views)

Private Jets Spotted On The Tarmac Of The Abuja Intl Airport (pix/video) / See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos / Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by Bjkhaleed(m): 6:34am On Dec 03, 2017
Good morning Nairalanders, I greet y'all happy new month. Please I have a question, for instance I've no person working at the airport to pass me through and assist me to the check point(terminal 2). How can I move without them in noticie that I'm a first timer and tasking me or like how much can I hold in pieces for settlement since people does that?

Thanks for the contributions!
Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by iamgenius(m): 6:44am On Dec 03, 2017
You have to be bold enough. Even if you have someone that works there, you may still have to tip them few change. How much? I don't know o, it depends on how much you can afford. Bro, you have to show them you are a little CRAZY. Don't Dull yourself.

1 Like

Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by AntiWailer: 6:52am On Dec 03, 2017
First timer Or not, you don't have to give them anything.

Just tell them you don't have cash right there and continue moving if you are on motion.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by quinnboy: 7:01am On Dec 03, 2017
Corruption everywhere in this kont3....for air again? I think say na for only road police dey collect oh.

1 Like

Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by uboma(m): 8:34am On Dec 03, 2017
Bjkhaleed:
Good morning Nairalanders, I greet y'all happy new month. Please I have a question, for instance I've no person working at the airport to pass me through and assist me to the check point(terminal 2). How can I move without them in noticie that I'm a first timer and tasking me or like how much can I hold in pieces for settlement since people does that?

If you need directions, simply ask any of the Airport Security for guidance.

If your luggage isn't much, insist on carrying it yourself. Or get a trolley yourself.

Do not engage touts to process your ticket/boarding pass.

Walk up to the desired Airline company stand to process your ticket/boarding pass.

At the point of screening your luggage, the Airport Security may ask for tips. Just smile and say you will tip them next time.

Have a safe flight.

7 Likes

Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by Bjkhaleed(m): 8:44am On Dec 03, 2017
uboma:

If your luggage isn't much, insist on carrying it yourself. Or get a trolley yourself.

Walk up to the desired Airline company stand to process your ticket/boarding pass.

At the point of screening your luggage, the Airport Security may ask for tips. Just smile with them and say you will tip them next time.

Have a safe flight.
Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by Bjkhaleed(m): 8:45am On Dec 03, 2017
iamgenius:
You have to be bold enough. Even if you have someone that works there, you may still have to tip them few change. How much? I don't know o, it depends on how much you can afford. Bro, you have to show them you are a little CRAZY. Don't Dull yourself.
smiles

1 Like

Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by idu1(m): 1:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
Don't give them 1kobo. Na their father sponsor you dey travel?

5 Likes

Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by Lucasbalo(m): 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2017
You don't have to give them a dime. They get paid their salaries. As long as your documents are ok, let them know that you are not giving them any money and be assertive about that. Corruption needs to stop for Nigeria to move forward.
Bjkhaleed:

1 Like

Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by mofedamijo(m): 1:53pm On Dec 03, 2017
If its murtala intl,when u get dropped off at departure,DONT USE THE TROLLEY OOOO,NA N500,if u dont have N500 to give them kukuma roll ur luggage...now u see people queuing up at the entrance,join them bring out ur international passport,n ticket booking(e-ticket),strong ur face,when u get to the immi guyz at the entrance there,if they ask where u going tell them straight up,dont smile,n they il collect ur passport n look at it shikena,drop ur bag on the scanner and receive it at the other end of it,its right after u enter just by ur right,once u receive ur luggage back,proceed to ur airline desk,u will see each airlines logo and name on each desk...there should b a queue if check in as started,join the queue when its ur turn,they will collect ur ticket booking,check it on the system to be sure ur visa is genuine and thereafter weigh ur luggage depending on the airline,but its mostly 20-23KG for two luggages,that is 23KG each for two luggage and 7KG (some airlines accept 11-14KG)for one hand luggage,now if ur luggage is within kG limit,they tag ur luggage (including your hand luggage)and give u ur boarding ticket and thats it,take ur hand luggage with u and dance azonto till ur boarding starts,ur boarding time is always on your ticket,same as your seat number and boarding gate,when boarding has been announced or u just want to go close because time is getting close,go through the boarding gate on ur ticket,(another immi officer will be at the entrance leading to the boarding area,them plenty sef,just string ur faces small,and if they ask u where ure going tell them straight)u will see something like Gate D,Gate C etc,if u cant find it ask they will direct u,now still on ur ticket u will see the particular gate where ur airline will board,GateD2,or Gate D3,what ever gate,when u get to the boarding area look up and u will see the one for your airline,now our airport is not very big,thats why am telling u all this,i dont know where ure going to,so if ure going to a very big airport like charles de gaulle airport,its a massive airport bro,so u will have to work with the arrows up and the big screens that shows flight details,those arrows will keep telling u where ure going so keep following the one that concerns u.....am telling u all thsi since u said its your first time,
DONT GIVE ANYBODY SHISHI,EXCEPT U JUST LIKE THE LADYS FACE OR U LIKE THE GUYS SHOE,BUH URE NOT MANDATED TO...ENJOY UR FLIGHT.

14 Likes

Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by Bjkhaleed(m): 12:45am On Dec 05, 2017
mofedamijo:
If its murtala intl,when u get dropped off at departure,DONT USE THE TROLLEY OOOO,NA N500,if u dont have N500 to give them kukuma roll ur luggage...now u see people queuing up at the entrance,join them bring out ur international passport,n ticket booking,strong ur face,when u get to the immi guyz at the entrance there,if they ask where u going tell them straight up,dont smile,n they il collect ur passport n look at it shikena,drop ur bag on the scanner and receive it at the other end of it,its right adter u enter just by ur right,one u receive ur luggage back,proceed to ur airline desk,u will see the airline logo and name on each desk...there should b a queue if check in as started,join the queue when its ur turn,they will collect ur ticket booking,check it on the system to be sure ur visa is genuine and thereafter weigh ur luggage depending on the airline,but its mostly 20-23kg for two luggages,that is 23kg each for two luggage and 11-14kg for one hand luggage,now if ur luggage is within kg limit,they tag ur bag give u ur boarding ticket and thats it,take ur hand luggage with u and dance azonto till ur boarding starts,ur boarding time is always on you ticket,same as your seat number and boarding gate,when boarding has been announced or u just want to go close because time is getting close,go through the boarding gate on ur ticket,(another immi officer will be at the entrance leading to the boarding area,them plenty sef,just string ur faces small,and if they ask u where ure going tell them straight)u will see something like Gate D,Gate C etc,if u cant find it ask they will direct u,now still on ur ticket u will see the particular gate where ur airline will board,GateD2,or Gate D3,what ever gate,when u get to the boarding area look up and u will see the one for your airline,now our airport is not very big,thats why am telling u all this,i dont know where ure going to,so if ure going to a very big airport like charles de gaulle airport,its a massive airport bro,so u will have to work with the arrows up and the big screens that shows flight details,those arrows will keep telling u where ure going so keep following the one that concerns u.....am telling u all thsi since u said its your first time,
DONT GIVE ANYBODY SHISHI,EXCEPT U JUST LIKE THE LADYS FACE OR U LIKE THE GUYS SHOE,BUH URE NOT MANDATED TO...
Thank you my brother. you're funny and explicit

1 Like

Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by mofedamijo(m): 1:21am On Dec 05, 2017
Bjkhaleed:
Thank you my brother. you're funny and explicit
Ure welcome boss,they might say step aside,that is the immi guys,they will take u to one small corner by the entrance there,my brother am begging u dont panic at all,they re doing illegal job so dont panic,they will search ur luggage which they have told them to stop,in the process they will start asking u oga anything for us,if u like u can give them N500,if ur checkin time still plenty,hold ur ground,tell them shishi u dont have......if they start asking how much u carry,tell them u dont have much,ure using a cashless means(debit card) for you travel.....the sit belt is not like car own,just pull it over ur waist and lock it in,incase na one fine babe they ur side,make she no look say,who be this,when u look out of the window when ure up in the sky,what u see is the cloud not water or sea,and the turbulence u might experience dont panic na normal thing,pilot slant plane like when u won put bama for bread dont panic,na navigate in dey navigate so,and up in the sky it feels like the plane is not moving,dont go and ask ur neighbor why is the pilot slow,my brother its not slow,its on a very high speed,but feels like its not moving,u will notice the speed when ure landing it will be with great speed and some force,(mind u the speed as been reduced while landing so u can imagine what it felt like while u guyz wer up in the sky)...just pretend as if ure on jangilova even if ur heartbeat they beat afrobeat......u can read those stuffs online,dont feel somehow,everyone started flying as a j.j.c,time and chance happens to them all,enjoy ur flight.

12 Likes

Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by gentleking90(m): 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2017
mofedamijo:

Ure welcome boss,they might say step aside,that is the immi guys,they will take u to one small corner by the entrance there,my brother am begging u dont panic at all,they re doing illegal job so dont panic,they will search ur luggage which they have told them to stop,in the process they will start asking u oga anything for us,if u like u can give them N500,if ur checkin time still plenty,hold ur ground,tell them shishi u dont have......if they start asking how much u carry,tell them u dont have much,ure using a cashless means(debit card) for you travel.....the sit belt is not like car own,just pull it over ur waist and lock it in,incase na one fine babe they ur side,make she no look say,who be this,when u look out of the window when ure up in the sky,what u see is the cloud not water or sea,and the turbulence u might experience dont panic na normal thing,pilot slant plane like when u won put bama for bread dont panic,na navigate in dey navigate so,and up in the sky it feels like the plane is not moving,dont go and ask ur neighbor why is the pilot slow,my brother its not slow,its on a very high speed,but feels like its not moving,u will notice the speed when ure landing it will be with great speed and some force,(mind u the speed as been reduced while landing so u can imagine what it felt like while u guyz wer up in the sky)...just pretend as if ure on jangilova even if ur heartbeat they beat afrobeat......u can read those stuffs online,dont feel somehow,everyone started flying as a j.j.c,time and chance happens to them all,enjoy ur flight.

Wow this is so interesting, thanks bro for the full Information, I can't wait to have my own experience in January, though I have flew local flight several times but I believe international flights is totally different.

2 Likes

Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by Bjkhaleed(m): 4:20pm On Dec 05, 2017
mofedamijo:

Nice info. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by dave07(m): 5:44pm On Dec 05, 2017
mofedamijo:
If its murtala intl,when u get dropped off at departure,DONT USE THE TROLLEY OOOO,NA N500,if u dont have N500 to give them kukuma roll ur luggage...now u see people queuing up at the entrance,join them bring out ur international passport,n ticket booking,strong ur face,when u get to the immi guyz at the entrance there,if they ask where u going tell them straight up,dont smile,n they il collect ur passport n look at it shikena,drop ur bag on the scanner and receive it at the other end of it,its right adter u enter just by ur right,one u receive ur luggage back,proceed to ur airline desk,u will see the airline logo and name on each desk...there should b a queue if check in as started,join the queue when its ur turn,they will collect ur ticket booking,check it on the system to be sure ur visa is genuine and thereafter weigh ur luggage depending on the airline,but its mostly 20-23kg for two luggages,that is 23kg each for two luggage and 11-14kg for one hand luggage,now if ur luggage is within kg limit,they tag ur bag give u ur boarding ticket and thats it,take ur hand luggage with u and dance azonto till ur boarding starts,ur boarding time is always on you ticket,same as your seat number and boarding gate,when boarding has been announced or u just want to go close because time is getting close,go through the boarding gate on ur ticket,(another immi officer will be at the entrance leading to the boarding area,them plenty sef,just string ur faces small,and if they ask u where ure going tell them straight)u will see something like Gate D,Gate C etc,if u cant find it ask they will direct u,now still on ur ticket u will see the particular gate where ur airline will board,GateD2,or Gate D3,what ever gate,when u get to the boarding area look up and u will see the one for your airline,now our airport is not very big,thats why am telling u all this,i dont know where ure going to,so if ure going to a very big airport like charles de gaulle airport,its a massive airport bro,so u will have to work with the arrows up and the big screens that shows flight details,those arrows will keep telling u where ure going so keep following the one that concerns u.....am telling u all thsi since u said its your first time,
DONT GIVE ANYBODY SHISHI,EXCEPT U JUST LIKE THE LADYS FACE OR U LIKE THE GUYS SHOE,BUH URE NOT MANDATED TO...
can't help laughing but completely agree with you. Those uniformed personnel at our Airport, Ikeja in particular can be so irritating and its high time a stop is put to their shameful acts

3 Likes

Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by Rexnegro(m): 9:12am On Dec 25, 2017
uboma:

At the point of screening your luggage, the Airport Security may ask for tips. Just smile and say you will tip them next time.

Have a safe flight.
thanks for ur comment,i will hold ur words with high regard cos am a prospective first timer very soon

1 Like

Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by Rexnegro(m): 9:18am On Dec 25, 2017
mofedamijo:
wow ur comment makes me feel like am frequent traveler already. Thanks bro really appreciate ur time out writing this for we prospective first timers

3 Likes

Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by uboma(m): 9:26am On Dec 25, 2017
Rexnegro:
thanks for ur comment,i will hold ur words with high regard cos am a prospective first timer very soon

You will do fine, Sir.

Have a safe flight.

2 Likes

Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by Rexnegro(m): 9:30am On Dec 25, 2017
mofedamijo:

what a great Info from u once again, ur shared experiences with we prospective first timers is highly appreciated. Thanks bro
Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by Rexnegro(m): 9:33am On Dec 25, 2017
uboma:

You will do fine, Sir.

Have a safe flight.
thanks bro
Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by mofedamijo(m): 9:34am On Dec 25, 2017
Rexnegro:
what a great Info from u once again, ur shared experiences with we prospective first timers is highly appreciated. Thanks bro
You’re welcome boss,when re u traveling??.

2 Likes

Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by Rexnegro(m): 9:37am On Dec 25, 2017
mofedamijo:

Looking at first week in January bro, tho yet to book but almost all set
Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by uboma(m): 9:38am On Dec 25, 2017
Rexnegro:
thanks bro

You are welcome, Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by Rexnegro(m): 9:38am On Dec 25, 2017
mofedamijo:

Please can u give pm me ur number let chat on WhatsApp or fb whichever you prefer
Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by Analee(f): 1:43pm On Dec 25, 2017
mofedamijo:
i reli appreciate,am also a novice,hopin to travel to dubai by january,abt d luggage wat if its way above d 23kg wil dey allow u?or wil u av to tip dem?
Re: Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? by mofedamijo(m): 1:51pm On Dec 25, 2017
Analee:
i reli appreciate,am also a novice,hopin to travel to dubai by january,abt d luggage wat if its way above d 23kg wil dey allow u?or wil u av to tip dem?
Depending on the airline,u cant tip them ooo,except its 1kg or 2kg they MIGHT over look it,however get it right its 23kg in two places,two lugage 23kg each and one carry on bag mostly 7kg(the on u can carry into the plane)no liquid allowed inside the one u can carry into the plane(ur hand luggage),so put all ur perfumes,creams,oil etc inside ur checkin luggage(the one they will take away from you and go and load on the planes lockers,u cant access ur checked in luggages) enjoy ur trip dear...

(1) (Reply)

My Experience In Best Budget Hotel Abuja / Visa Free Route To Barbados! / Inside Sultan Beach Badagry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.