Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

How Do I Seek Financial Help From People Without Ruining Relationship With Them - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Seek Financial Help From People Without Ruining Relationship With Them (782 Views)

Bill Gates Daughter, Phoebe, In Interracial Relationship With Robert Ross / How To Get Financial Help From Philanthropists Based In Nigeria And Abroad / 8 Ways To Sell To People Without Begging Them To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Seek Financial Help From People Without Ruining Relationship With Them by iDRAW(m): 8:00am On Dec 03, 2017
Hi people,
My business is in a little mess.

Few weeks ago my brother got married somewhere in the Western part of the country. I came back with high spirit of working smarter in order to recover from the little "change" I spent for the wedding but things hasn't been beautiful, I must confess.

Now, I am contemplating on looking outside for assistance but I am the shy type who would rather go hungry than beg for bread. Things has to change, I can't apply my personal principles on this business of mine; business must survive no matter what it takes.

My question now is, how do I source for financial aid from people without losing my respect/ruining my relationship with them.

My extended family members can honestly spend hundreds of thousands for a wedding or funeral but NOT on projects like this, so don't bother pointing me to that direction. Yes I've tried asking one of them and the automatic response was.... Well your guess is same as mine.

Please let me know if you have a template of how to go about this "financial asylum" without me brown-nosing anyone.

Thanks as you respond to this post.
Re: How Do I Seek Financial Help From People Without Ruining Relationship With Them by iDRAW(m): 8:04am On Dec 03, 2017
naijacutee, puskin, FOD, dominique
Help give this a wider view.
Thank you.
Re: How Do I Seek Financial Help From People Without Ruining Relationship With Them by dont8(m): 9:13am On Dec 03, 2017
It's a delicate one, I've been in your shoe before and it wasn't a funny tale to tell. In this part of the world, we only take care of the 'dying' and not people who are supposed healthy, if you grasp my analogy.

There's no crime in trying though, it's either yes or no barring your prestige or respect.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Seek Financial Help From People Without Ruining Relationship With Them by iDRAW(m): 9:27am On Dec 03, 2017
dont8:
It's a delicate one, I've been in your shoe before and it wasn't a funny tale to tell. In this part of the world, we only take care of the 'dying' and not people who are supposed healthy, if you grasp my analogy.

There's no crime in trying though, it's either yes or no barring your prestige or respect.

Thank you, bro. I will keep up the good fight. My business must survive; I must succeed.
Re: How Do I Seek Financial Help From People Without Ruining Relationship With Them by dont8(m): 9:31am On Dec 03, 2017
iDRAW:

Thank you, bro. I will keep up the good fight. My business must survive; I must succeed.
You welcome, all the best in your business ventures.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Seek Financial Help From People Without Ruining Relationship With Them by blessedvisky(m): 5:23pm On Dec 03, 2017
Approach your friends and church fellows

1 Like

Re: How Do I Seek Financial Help From People Without Ruining Relationship With Them by joinnow: 10:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
iDRAW:
Hi people,
My business is in a little mess.

Few weeks ago my brother got married somewhere in the Western part of the country. I came back with high spirit of working smarter in order to recover from the little "change" I spent for the wedding but things hasn't been beautiful, I must confess.

Now, I am contemplating on looking outside for assistance but I am the shy type who would rather go hungry than beg for bread. Things has to change, I can't apply my personal principles on this business of mine; business must survive no matter what it takes.

My question now is, how do I source for financial aid from people without losing my respect/ruining my relationship with them.

My extended family members can honestly spend hundreds of thousands for a wedding or funeral but NOT on projects like this, so don't bother pointing me to that direction. Yes I've tried asking one of them and the automatic response was.... Well your guess is same as mine.

Please let me know if you have a template of how to go about this "financial asylum" without me brown-nosing anyone.

Thanks as you respond to this post.

Have a list of possibly 20 people to visit.
The bigger the list the higher the probability of getting financial assistance.

Also be prepared as in have a 1 page pitch of your Biz or Biz you want to start.

Start visiting.

Note your I page pitch should have

1. Biz name and logo
2. What the Biz does
3.problem to solve
4.how your Biz will solve it
6. Targeted market
7.your competitor and how you can beat them
8.sales channels
9 marketing strategy
10.revenue,expense and profit
11.the fund needed and what it will be used for

I wish you success.

When you have gotten the fund make sure you pay back as at when due.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Seek Financial Help From People Without Ruining Relationship With Them by iDRAW(m): 10:18pm On Dec 03, 2017
joinnow:

Have a list of possibly 20 people to visit.
The bigger the list the higher the probability of getting financial assistance.

Also be prepared as in have a 1 page pitch of your Biz or Biz you want to start.

Start visiting.

Note your I page pitch should have

1. Biz name and logo
2. What the Biz does
3.problem to solve
4.how your Biz will solve it
6. Targeted market
7.your competitor and how you can beat them
8.sales channels
9 marketing strategy
10.revenue,expense and profit
11.the fund needed and what it will be used for

I wish you success.

When you have gotten the fund make sure you pay back as at when due.

Thanks a lot
Re: How Do I Seek Financial Help From People Without Ruining Relationship With Them by joinnow: 5:18am On Dec 04, 2017
iDRAW:

Thanks a lot
You are welcome.

(1) (Reply)

Just Another Random Question / How To Open A Working Paypal Account In Nigeria. / Fundamentals Of Human Resource Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.