Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) (48292 Views)

Moment Prophet Odumeje Delivered Oyinbo Woman In London (Video) / Moment A Pastor And Her Choir Leader Clashed During Worship Session (video) / Types Of People You Will Meet At The Experience 2017 In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by Ochoiho: 1:46pm On Dec 04, 2017
AngelicBeing:
tongue
consider the context in which Jesus made the statement 'eating with an unwashed hand'. The statement does not approve smoking in any way. The fact is, Smoking, drinking of alcohol and taking of hard drugs does not only defile your body but are capable of destroying it.'If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.' I cor 3:17It is a sin
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by AngelicBeing: 1:51pm On Dec 04, 2017
Ochoiho:
consider the context in which Jesus made the statement' eating with an unwashed hand. Smoking, drinking of alcohol and taking of hard drugs did not only defile your body but its capable of destroying it.'If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.' I cor 3:17It is a sin
tongue

Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by kevoh(m): 1:52pm On Dec 04, 2017
Dear hypocrite Christians,

If you are trying to rationalize that a white man smoking at the Experience 2017 is not a sin with comments like it's cultural for the white man, smoking is normal as drinking juice for the white man e.t.c despite having been brainwashed taught by your Yahoo pastors from birth to be a sin, don't you think it is time to question all the things that your Yahoo pastors have labelled as sins? Many of those sins that are cultural to oyinbo and not a sin to them but down in Nigeria is a sin? Don't you think that it's time to question whether Morality is objective or subjective and/or what is termed good morals is dependent on the region/country/individual and not necessarily what your holy book says?

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by adatemi: 1:56pm On Dec 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
where in the bible is it written that one shouldn't smoke or smoking is bad?
Doesn't have to be in the Bible. You as an individual has the right to protect your health. You can move away or ask him politely not to smoke in public. Third hand smoking kills!
It's against the law in most developed countries to smoke in public. There's always a designated place for smoking.
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by bukster(f): 1:56pm On Dec 04, 2017
Just because an Oyinbo is smoking does not make it right. There is absolutely no benefit to smoking and it is very harmful. Smoking is the leading cause of cancer in the west. Your body is a temple of God and smoking destroys that temple so to me, smoking is a sin.

Not only is smoking bad for you, it is also harmful to the people around you. When you smoke, the people around you are forced to inhale the smoke which also causes cancer. Furthermore, most western countries have laws that prohibit smoking in public places so not only is the Oyinbo man being irresponsible, he is also comitting a crime.
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by mamatayour(f): 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2017
TaiKuun:
there are few things that are better done in secrets. E. G you can't have set with your husband in front of your house. So is smoking
being intimate is quite different from smoking man
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by bukster(f): 2:02pm On Dec 04, 2017
kjhova:

Are you aware that vegetable oil defiles your body too by building up cholesterol?

Are you aware that fizzy drinks (soft drinks) defile your body too by increasing your sugar level?

Are you aware that eba defiles your body too by building up extra carbs in your system?

Do you wana lump al of the above into your list of sins too?

I can argue that at least everything you listed above is a form a sustenance. Our body needs food, it doesn't need to smoke. Those things that you listed are not 100% bad for you if you eat it in moderation. It is a sin if you eat it in excess when you are able to afford healthier options.
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by obiZEAL(m): 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2017
dalaman:

When I was a teenager, the reverend father of the Catholic church my aunt attends used to smoke after mass and the people were cool with it because he was a white man.

Tell me its St. Louis Catholic Church.
I remember my sis defending the priest, she said what he was smoking was medicinal.
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by nicemuyoo: 2:05pm On Dec 04, 2017
Just to throw some light on the issue of smoking rev. 21:
8 James Bible
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
The Word SORCERERS IN GREEK IS PHARMAKOIS which refers to the use of any chemical substance to achieve an altered state of mind. It involves the abuse of drugs ( natural or artificial chemicals) to alter the mind, feelings, senses, enhance activities or practices like hypnosis, violence, prostitution, voodoo, etc.
This substance have addicting and dependency tendencies and damaging to the body on long run. They enhance demonic influences on the mind.
Except for medical purposes any other abusive use has no root in God. It is sorcery in Greek pharmakois.
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by dalaman: 2:06pm On Dec 04, 2017
obiZEAL:

Tell me its St. Louis Catholic Church.
I remember my sis defending the priest, she said what he was smoking was medicinal.

St Louis Catholic Church in Jos. The old reverend father is now dead.
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by Image123(m): 2:06pm On Dec 04, 2017
Different kinds of people are employed in such big events. He might be a sound engineer or working with the electrical team etc. he is not necessarily a minister or a pastor simply because he is white. The only hing is that he can be cautioned, but he is not the example to follow and i doubt if he is among the artists/ministers people came to see.
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by paxonel(m): 2:08pm On Dec 04, 2017
4Ken:

Imagine Pastor Adegboye smoking
What's the difference between the him not smoking and him smoking?
No difference.

If he can summon the boldness to demand 1 billion from church, is that not the act of someone who is inspired by Indian hemp?
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by Rickyzagy: 2:10pm On Dec 04, 2017
Is there any bible verse that is against smoking?
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by kjhova(m): 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2017
bukster:

I can argue that at least everything you listed above is a form a sustenance. Our body needs food, it doesn't need to smoke. Those things that you listed are not 100% bad for you if you eat it in moderation. It is a sin if you eat it in excess when you are able to afford healthier options.

Bible verses, mi amor, bible verses. You cannot create sins off the cuff of your own mind.
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by paxonel(m): 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Don be suprised his own prayers will be answered first , the prayers of mist Africans are never answered because they are all hypocrites more suited to eyeservice worship the pastor than God Himself
Infact God will answer his prayers so speedily like the speed of light.
E never clear for Africans eyes yet wetin be christianity

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by Ochoiho: 2:18pm On Dec 04, 2017
AngelicBeing:
tongue

I See, God bless you

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by shallysgirl: 2:27pm On Dec 04, 2017
DeutschJunge:
Smoke is normal to white people its like drinking juice.
That is one major culture shock a cultured African has when he comes to the west.
They even have smoking area/room in a church I went to visit once. That was a put off. Never went there again.
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by OlaMiki: 2:28pm On Dec 04, 2017
is there anywhere in the Bible or Quran that smoking is a sin or forbidden
purem:
and God is watching him

This God must be tolerating nonsense o undecided
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by shallysgirl: 2:30pm On Dec 04, 2017
MrDandy:
Haha.. smoking is a normal thing for them and it’s not regarded as a sin.
I’ve seen where a devoted white boy who’s an evangelist has tattoos all over his body. If na for Naija, people will judge you immediately even when we’re still waiting for the judgement day.. smh
No matter what, smoking is morally wrong for a Christian whether black or white or brown same goes for tattooing. Our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit.
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by sircrabo: 2:35pm On Dec 04, 2017
That is the white man for you, very open and not hypocritic like blacks. Some people in that event have condoms in their wallets and skunks in the pockets but they'll be forming anointed. Some even go to church from the club or their boyfriends house after a night of marathon sex and head for the choir seat.

The guy probably is just one of the sound engineers and not there to worship. He's waiting for the worshippers to finish so he looses his equipment.

He who is without sin should cast the first stone
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by Reference(m): 2:38pm On Dec 04, 2017
4Ken:
We live in such a hypocritic society. If a Nigerian man tries this, he will be embarrassed, kicked out and probably arrested. Stupid country.

So, because he is a foreigner he is excluded from the law that outlaws smoking in public.

Because he is a foreigner he is excused from the decency in causing harm to others in such confined spaces.

Because he is a foreigner he is excused from offending the sensibilities of others who came to a themed family event, a religious one for that matter, something he will never attempt to do in an event of any other religion a formal meet of any work of life.

I can excuse the fact he may not realise the import of where he is. I can excuse the fact he may have been dragged there kicking and screaming and so plays truant but please don't insult others for what is wrong in most places in the world where he will get thrown out from.
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by Reference(m): 2:46pm On Dec 04, 2017
Rickyzagy:
Is there any bible verse that is against smoking?

Yes. God warns against destroying the body he gave you. You are created for a purpose, His purpose, so you don't own your body. It is His and when your purpose is done or time is up, you cannot but return it to Him for assessment.

A servant given a car to drive for the purposes of his employer cannot lay claim to the car, cannot use or abuse the car as he pleases. The day he does he will be called to account, simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by boringnigerian: 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2017
KevinDein:

so you had to call the entire country stupid because some white dude smokes and you believe some Nigerians are hypocrites.

What a brainless mooorroon.

Abeg save us the flak. The average Nigerian is hypocritical to the core. We spend so much time looking for the things everybody else are doing wrong and an equal amount of time justifying our own wrongs instead of engaging in self analysis and introspection. We judge, judge, judge, day and night, week after week, yet we are corrupt within ourselves. It is the average Nigerian that would call the Western world morally bankrupt right after receiving or offering bribes, using nepotism to get ahead and engaging in acts that would baffle the pure minded. Infact, non hypocritical Nigerians are the extreme exception rather than the norm. And yes, most of us really are stupid. We just like to think we are smart.
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by boringnigerian: 2:50pm On Dec 04, 2017
Reference:

Yes. God warns against destroying the body he gave you. You are created for a purpose, His purpose, so you don't own your body. It is His and when your purpose is done or time is up, you cannot but return it to Him for assessment.

A servant given a car to drive for the purposes of his employer cannot lay claim to the car, cannot use or abuse the car as he pleases. The day he does he will be called to account, simple.

Give me anything humans ingest or imbibe and I will point out at least one report or scientific study that says it is bad for your health in excess. Go on, I'm waiting.
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by Reference(m): 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2017
sircrabo:
That is the white man for you, very open and not hypocritic like blacks. Some people in that event have condoms in their wallets and skunks in the pockets but they'll be forming anointed. Some even go to church from the club or their boyfriends house after a night of marathon sex and head for the choir seat.

l
The guy probably is just one of the sound engineers and not there to worship. He's waiting for the worshippers to finish so he looses his equipment.

He who is without sin should cast the first stone

If you were a sound engineer covering FEC weekly meetings in Aso Rock chambers, what will make you light up and why not....eh.... respect. The man obviously does not respect the reasons he is there for. And if he is offering a service he obviously does not respect those he serves.

When you invite Barney for your kids party encourage him to smoke a joint whenever he gets nervous...
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by Priest69(m): 3:00pm On Dec 04, 2017
He is a white man, a white man's cigrette, a white man's religion and a black man complains grin
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by COOLHOMIE(m): 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2017
When was cigarette mentioned to be a bad thing in the bible not that I smoke but please let the society leave him alone
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
You are an idi0t. Please show us in your bible where smoking is a sin... mor0n.

joseph6071:
Oyinbo Man smoking during prayer session at the Experience
2017 on Saturday morning, don't know what to say...need opinions from nlanders
see video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PU6NUT6tbc

Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by chukstel(m): 3:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
dalaman:

When I was a teenager, the reverend father of the Catholic church my aunt attends used to smoke after mass and the people were cool with it because he was a white man.

They were not cool because he was a white man. Catholics don't pretend like you Protestants. Don't say what you don't know pls. If there is any occasion in the catholic church, you come and see blacks drinks and smoke. It is not written anywhere in the bible that people should not smoke.

Correct me if I am wrong and quite the bible passage that says no one should smoke or drink.

Believers of what "my pastor is god and he said this should not happen"
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by mickeymimi: 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2017
http://punchng.com/church-and-tithe-true-or-trite-talk/
http://www.thepointng.com/christians-are-not-to-pay-tithe-theologians-declare/

http://dailypost.ng/2017/12/04/tithe-daddy-freeze-blasts-apostle-suleman-reminds-failed-prophecy/

The Association of Christian Theologians, at the weekend, told Christian leaders in support of paying tithe to hold their peace, saying the exercise is not meant for Christians.

The association, which made its position known after a meeting in Lagos, said that payment of tithe, as recorded in the Bible passage, Malachi 3:6 to 10, was meant for the descendants of Jacob. Nigerians and other African tribes are not included, according to the theologians.
Speaking through its National President, Prof. Kunle Macaulay, the body said Nigerians were the descendants of Ham, a Gentile, and not of Shem, “who are the Israelites, and are, as such, not obliged to pay 10 per cent of their income as demanded by the churches.”
Macaulay, who supported radio host and presenter, Ifedayo Olarinde, popularly called Daddy Freeze, in describing tithe-paying by Christians as “modern scam”, also deplored a comment credited to the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, that Christians who refused to pay tithes “are living under a curse.”
He said, “Daddy Freeze is right by calling tithe-paying a modern scam. Tithe paying is not of Christianity and we expect well educated men of God like Pastor Adeboye and Bishop (David) Oyedepo (of The Living Faith Mission) to tell their congregations this biblical truth.
“Malachi 3:6 to 10, the Bible passage being used to threaten Christians refers to the descendants of Jacob, who are children of Israel, and not Christians.
“Nigerians are descendants of Ham, the race referred to as the Gentiles, while the Israelites are descendants of Shem, which is the house of Jacob.
“Men of God should interpret the Bible in the context of the writing as well as the history of the period of writing. In verse 7 of Malachi 3, the Bible records that the Israelites did not keep to the law of paying tithe ‘ever since the time of their fathers’, and were being admonished to change.
“That passage is talking about the law of Moses and not the law of love under which Christians are expected to operate.”
The ACTS president said Christians and their leaders could raise funds to carry out their projects, “but not by deceit, manipulation, magic, suggestivity and hypnotism, as we have these days.”
The Bible, he insisted, should be studied historically, noting that many pastors nowadays were not biblically trained.
“Many of them are either retirees, pensioners or jobless people, who are now in Christian leadership,” he observed.
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by Marvis4real(f): 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2017
white people arn't hypocrites like us
Re: Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) by judedwriter(m): 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2017
Smoking is injurious to one's health, therefore in God's sight, it is absolutely sinful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church / Pastors Riot Against Anglican Bishop, Close Down Church In Sapele (Video) / Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.