Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1298637 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by gorgebaby: 12:39pm On Dec 08, 2017
Lawyers and talk! smiley

The first part of your submission is the only missing link - you can claim Masters/Professional degree provided your LL.B was evaluated as such. Yes IQAS does this.

I discussed WES' evaluation of LL.B in my previous post with links to buttress, but no one has been bold enough to try it out. Lastly, please remember that the original poster's concern was around his/her B.L and my response to him/her was along that line. Thanks.

4Barr:

This may not be entirely true o. You cannot, i repeat...YOU CANNOT... claim Masters/Professional degree if it wasn't accessed as such. to my knowledge only IQAS evaluates LLB as a masters so if wes says its diploma and that's what you attached kindly edit your profile to indicate that its a diploma. Lawyers that evaluated their LLB and claimed masters did so with IQAS since it is evaluated as a Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession, please don't risk rejection and waste 550CAD. The other alternative is to initiate review with IQAS to get the max points but that will take a while before its completed (12weeks. if the reduction does not reduce your score to a score lesser than the ITA issued, kindly amend it. IF its below the lowest score for the issued ITA you may have to reject the ITA and enter the pool.

PS. Gracelevel
This is not legal advise neither is it intended to be relied upon. Kindly make your decisions based on the uniqueness of your application and do well to check the instructions on CIC website.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekysilk: 12:42pm On Dec 08, 2017
threadstone:

i just rechecked cic but it was not stated there. However having an ancient reference letter may raise adr's like payslips or statements showing salary payment etc. its tidier having almost up to date documents available.
Apologies
Your reference letter for previous employments may date as far back as 1900.
My 1st reference letters was dated 2014. I left d job 2011 and when this Canada dream started in 2014 I went for the letter.

The second job was dated 2015. As a matter of fact, the date was 3 days after I resigned. It stated my last day of work/resigned January 9th and d letter was dated 12th. I already ensured HR typed it out before I left on my last Friday and on Monday morning it was printed, signed in my presence when I went to pick it up. (I no wan hear say I dey take permission from my new job to go 'beg' somebody to give me letter).
All these time, I nova write IELTS o... But I know say I get the Canada PR dream/plan

And with the 2014 & 2015 letters for PREVIOUS employments, I got my PPR by God's grace without any ADR in 30 days on d dot.

The current employer is what's most important as per dating. I don't think the date should be too far away from when one intends submitting e-Apr. Since its ur 'current' employment, HR should be available to you even up to a day before u decide to submit.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Obi1conte: 12:44pm On Dec 08, 2017
Flaj:

You must submit your application before your birthday except the points drop doesn't render your score below the least scores for receiving ita

Ok thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by gorgebaby: 12:46pm On Dec 08, 2017
Hi gracelevel,

You can access ONLY your LL.B for express entry, but you might want to use IQAS as they explicitly state the equivalence of the degree to professional degree. You can then claim points for Masters/Professional degree (note that the points for this are higher than for 1/2 or more certificates). The wordings of WES' evaluation differs and therein lies the controversy.

Regards.

gracelevel:

wanted to access only my LLB before but
please are you saying if one access BL and LLB it will give professional degree as well as 1 or more certificates? I need this jara ooo; as many points as possible

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Obi1conte: 12:50pm On Dec 08, 2017
gorgebaby:
Lawyers and talk! smiley

The first part of your submission is the only missing link - you can claim Masters/Professional degree provided your LL.B was evaluated as such. Yes IQAS does this.

I discussed WES' evaluation of LL.B in my previous post with links to buttress, but no one has been bold enough to try it out. Lastly, please remember that the original poster's concern was around his/her B.L and my response to him/her was along that line. Thanks.

My sister in law evaluated her LL.B with WES and it came out as a canadian bachelors degree equivalent. She ended up loosing about 7pts in her CRS as against what she had projected in the calculator with "a professional degree to practice"
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by gracelevel: 1:05pm On Dec 08, 2017
gorgebaby:
Hi gracelevel,

You can access ONLY your LL.B for express entry, but you might want to use IQAS as they explicitly state the equivalence of the degree to professional degree. You can then claim points for Masters/Professional degree (note that the points for this are higher than for 1/2 or more certificates). The wordings of WES' evaluation differs and therein lies the controversy.

Regards.

Clarification highly appreciated.many thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by gracelevel: 1:07pm On Dec 08, 2017
Obi1conte:

My sister in law evaluated her LL.B with WES and it came out as a canadian bachelors degree equivalent. She ended up loosing about 7pts in her CRS as against what she had projected in the calculator with "a professional degree to practice"
WES is a no no for LLBs IMO lipsrsealed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sugaro: 1:42pm On Dec 08, 2017
Yooku:
Good people of Nairaland and especially the London Squad....Glad to say that this journey of faith and patience has finally come to an end with PPR issued yesterday. My body is aching from all the leaping for joy I did when I received the mail grin grin grin

Timeline below;

IELTS - July 2015 LRWS 9/8/8/8.5
EE Profile 1 Withdrawn - Nov 2015
EE Profile 2 Withdrawn - Feb 2016
EE Profile 3 Expired - March 2017
EE Profile 4 - 19 April 2017

ITA - May 4 - CRS 425
AOR - July 11
NA1 - July 11
Medicals passed - July 23
IP1 - July 23
NA2 - July 25
IP2/PPR - December 6 (Within a few hours of changing to IP2)

I salute the London squad...@ajujuju2, @MrsBee, @Lordnath, @deeore, @ITABABE, @damidamsel, @veleta @Noviolence @lordnath @yewwygrace @boldinc You have fought a good fight...Congrats to those who sailed through from July AOR and to those at the very end too...HOLD ON!!! Olowogbogboro will come through for you!! See y'all in Cannyland
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sugaro: 2:00pm On Dec 08, 2017
damidamsel:

I totally agree . That's why i stated that i got mine after i had left
If she gets the reference now, her resignation letter, and LOE stating the fact that she was leaving and needed to gather her documents etc, plus evidence showing when she left the country. Don't u think it may suffice? Just thinking out loud wink wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Scard: 2:03pm On Dec 08, 2017
Thanks @optionese

optionese:

Nothing will happen , you can apply directly and if PNP comes on the way decline
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 08, 2017
Random facts

Just found out Elon Musk, CEO of SpaceX has 3 active citizenships, including USA and Canada.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by michaeladesiyan: 2:09pm On Dec 08, 2017
Hi all
please what chance do an HND fisheries graduate has in NOVA SCOTIA?

or which other provinces will be better?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2017
Elon Musk has citizenship of three countries because his country of birth permits it.
Not all countries allow dual or multiple citizenship. For example China. They don't permit dual citizenship.
Nigeria permits dual citizenship but not multiple.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2017
Country of Origin i mean, and not country of birth
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2017
michaeladesiyan:
Hi all
please what chance do an HND fisheries graduate has in NOVA SCOTIA?

or which other provinces will be better?

Thanks in anticipation

1. Do you have an OND alongside this HND?
2. Your course of study doesn't affect your projected points, your years of working experience does. Regardless of whether it was obtained in your field of study.
3. Nova Scotia? No idea
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by michaeladesiyan: 2:38pm On Dec 08, 2017
mcstan18:

1. Do you have an OND alongside this HND?
2. Your course of study doesn't affect your projected points, your years of working experience does. Regardless of whether it was obtained in your field of study.
3. Nova Scotia? No idea

i have NCE in agriculture.

hope its good?
and i have about 19 years experience now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tunba28(m): 2:52pm On Dec 08, 2017
Good people in the house, please are entrepreneurs allowed to applied for EE? Run own company and registered for over 2 years. Please what are the chances for someone like me?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by deeore: 3:03pm On Dec 08, 2017
My brother I still dey look God face o, make Him help me ginger London visa office make them release me o, but I believe that all is well that ends well, I shall come back to give my story.
Thanks for checking though.

40manlappy:

Congratulations! @dtaminator Congrats too smiley

@deeore @boldinc @dannio How far with your applications?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
You can't say only IQAS as fear hasn't allowed lawyers to try out ICES and other non-IQAS oh.
4Barr:

This may not be entirely true o. You cannot, i repeat...YOU CANNOT... claim Masters/Professional degree if it wasn't accessed as such. to my knowledge only IQAS evaluates LLB as a masters so if wes says its diploma and that's what you attached kindly edit your profile to indicate that its a diploma. Lawyers that evaluated their LLB and claimed masters did so with IQAS since it is evaluated as a Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession, please don't risk rejection and waste 550CAD. The other alternative is to initiate review with IQAS to get the max points but that will take a while before its completed (12weeks. if the reduction does not reduce your score to a score lesser than the ITA issued, kindly amend it. IF its below the lowest score for the issued ITA you may have to reject the ITA and enter the pool.

PS. Gracelevel
This is not legal advise neither is it intended to be relied upon. Kindly make your decisions based on the uniqueness of your application and do well to check the instructions on CIC website.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 4Barr: 3:51pm On Dec 08, 2017
elfmann:
You can't say only IQAS as fear hasn't allowed lawyers to try out ICES and other non-IQAS oh.

This may not be entirely true o. You cannot, i repeat...YOU CANNOT... claim Masters/Professional degree if it wasn't accessed as such. to my knowledge only IQAS evaluates LLB as a masters so if wes says its diploma and that's what you attached kindly edit your profile to indicate that its a diploma. Lawyers that evaluated their LLB and claimed masters did so with IQAS since it is evaluated as a Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession,

the bolded is for your attention
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 08, 2017
ysteph:
Elon Musk has citizenship of three countries because his country of birth permits it.
Not all countries allow dual or multiple citizenship. For example China. They don't permit dual citizenship.
Nigeria permits dual citizenship but not multiple.

Hmmm.... we have had this conversation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by HighBK: 4:05pm On Dec 08, 2017
Tunba28:
Good people in the house, please are entrepreneurs allowed to applied for EE? Run own company and registered for over 2 years. Please what are the chances for someone like me?
From information available online and testimonies of others, yes you can apply for EE as a self employed entrepreneur.

You will need articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, income evidence, tax clearance, reference letters from clients, bank statement showing payments made by clients over the years, sworn affidavits, contract agreements, ...etc. Summary, as long as you have documents to back it up, you are good.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by SQLmastar(m): 4:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
threadstone:

The question is are you sure youre going to get an ITA within the next six months? What is your current crs estimate as you dont have ielts yet.
1 & 2 is possible to get but they have a time limit which shouldnt be more than three to six months to the day of submission else you'd have to procure another.

As for the pcc, you can get it in an hour or less. Officer Moshood has done Enough wonders for people in this thread.

Without sade further ado, i wish you good luck in your masters program. When you finish you can cross over to canada without visiting Nigeria sef.

Chill. Express entry can wait grin
Wait a minute, are you trying to say that if i collect my work reference letter now and submit my application by July next year, It would enter void??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by upgrade: 4:38pm On Dec 08, 2017
08170562948 James
superdoll:

The guy wants me to do it and send to him oo. Am not in lagos am in abuja. Anyone with abj contact that can do it here for me kindly assit.

Bros i neva submit ooo. POF hustle is real. E don complete finally. Thank God. Hopefully will submit next week. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2017
All those of you with ITA, PPR and COPR please how did you manage with all these waiting times......only at IQAS stage and i am already impatient. My transcripts and documents just got delivered to IQAS on the 6th of December, 2017.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ojasope1: 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2017
Good evening great minds, I have OND & HND and i have more than 3yrs experience in Office Administrative field which is different from my course studied. I'm in my early 30s, single. Pls what are my chances ?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Freeman59: 5:04pm On Dec 08, 2017
Guys I'm confused cuz sections of this thread have conflicting information on this: if I have four years or more years of experience, will it increase my points or all work experience maxes out at 3yrs

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by threadstone(m): 5:13pm On Dec 08, 2017
SQLmastar:
Wait a minute, are you trying to say that if i collect my work reference letter now and submit my application by July next year, It would enter void??

As corrected in the following threads, the answer is No sir.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by threadstone(m): 5:24pm On Dec 08, 2017
Freeman59:
Guys I'm confused cuz sections of this thread have conflicting information on this: if I have four years or more years of experience, will it increase my points or all work experience maxes out at 3yrs

Thanks

For Express entry,three years give Maximum points for experience
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 5:29pm On Dec 08, 2017
michaeladesiyan:

i have NCE in agriculture.

hope its good?
and i have about 19 years experience now

shocked shocked shocked
Have you heard of Provincial Nominee Program?
If Yes, consider going for it.
If No, see page zero at https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled for more information
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
ysteph:

All those of you with ITA, PPR and COPR please how did you manage with all these waiting times......only at IQAS stage and i am already impatient. My transcripts and documents just got delivered to IQAS on the 6th of December, 2017.

grin grin grin please drink well from the well of ‘Patience’...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 5:33pm On Dec 08, 2017
@Bsbabe....its hard o.....on a good day my blood de hot. This wait is not funny....but it will end well by God's grace

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.