Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

"I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man (52069 Views)

Remi Ajiboye: I Was Paid N4,000 As Monthly Salary, Says ASUP Chairman / How I Paid Back LAUTECH Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University. / University Of Brunei Darussalam Knowledge Test For Master Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by highbee02: 12:16am On Dec 04, 2017
olasaad:
Congrats. But you never told us whr you got the #4.8m

u are beautiful and attractive, let's confabulate
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by wirinet(m): 12:33am On Dec 04, 2017
I think you might have wasted your money. Getting paper qualification nowadays count for little in Nigeria and indeed for the rest of the world. Enterprenuership is the new world order and the acquisition of skills and capital is the only key to open opportunities. When people like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and Evan Spiegel (snapchat guy) dropped out of university to become enterprenuers, you are wasting money to acquire a PhD in order to become an employee ( probably to a person less certificated than you).

If the Phd was to acquire a skill that would make you an enterprenuer, it would have been logical, but getting a PhD and displaying it from office to office in search of a job is not very wise. There are lots of PhD holders applying for jobs as truck driver at Dangote.

Any body with some skill, motivation and entrepreneurship spirit can invest N4.8 million in IT, service, agricultural and even small scale manufacturing sector and turn the money around within 2 years.

Now, with your PhD, except you are lucky to get employed in the oil sector, the telecoms sector or maybe you get a political appointment, it will take many years to recover your N4.8 million.

Let me use zimbabwe as an example of the folly on relying on paper qualification to achieve success in career.

Zimbabwe has one of the highest literacy levels in Africa, some put it at over 90%, compared with nigeria at 50%.

Zimbabwe has an excruciating graduat unemployment problem. The universities are churning out thousands of graduates yearly with no hope of employment. Graduates held a protest last year to highlight the extent of the problem.

According to statistics from Zimbabwe’s Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, approximately 30,000 students graduate annually from the country’s institutions of higher learning. Officially, the country’s unemployment rate is 10.7 %. In truth, however, some 80 % of the adult population of this country of 13 million people has no formal employment.
- https://www.dandc.eu/en/article/many-university-graduates-zimbabwe-are-unemployed

Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by lilyheaven: 12:33am On Dec 04, 2017
wirinet:
The story get as be...
You worked for 6 months without receiving a dime;

You had no money to change clothes;

You trekked from your office in festac to your Church around mile 2 because you had no money;

But .... You paid 4.8million Naira for a master's degree by yourself.

How was it possible.
Actually, I paid the bill ,#4.8m for him. cheesy
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Nobody: 1:47am On Dec 04, 2017
This guy mumu small sha
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Nobody: 1:48am On Dec 04, 2017
AdolfHitlerxXx:

Except London has been relocated to Onitsha,

4.8 million wouldn't pay for a Masters in Toilet Cleaning in the UK - London especially

[img]http://2.bp..com/-p9whylrqliM/Ud3R74x6NnI/AAAAAAAAN0A/nhChnQ6LnCw/s1600/adam-levine.gif[/img]
grin grin I was just about to say that LMAO
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by LammyBillionz(m): 4:03am On Dec 04, 2017
LETS DANCE SON!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

[img=https:///media/12-04-2017/9PdZ2q.gif]WORK IT[/img]
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Duru009(m): 4:31am On Dec 04, 2017
I don't understand this story!
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by mema900: 5:15am On Dec 04, 2017
Modelqwen:
shocked

Ur story is ur glory now.

There's time for everything.

Ur time for reaping just began.

May God answer our prayers, we that ae still
sowing now.

How did his time of reaping start
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Damokesimon: 5:44am On Dec 04, 2017
I paid 4.8million Naira for a master's degree by myself ,loan interest inclusive ,no free Saturdays since 2015 ,had to go to Epe after Ajah every weekend .That is not the whole story ,this is the real story .

2013 after my Nysc,I had an option of staying back home with my parents ,or go out to look for that dream job .After almost 5 years in school with the crazy educational schooling system in Nigeria ,you are so full of life hoping to land that dream job .
I eventually got a place I could manage pending when something better comes along .We didn't talk about salary or money ,I just assumed my boss would at least give me something monthly ,well i worked for 6months without a dime,I have an option ,go back home or stay here.
My office was around first avenue ,I would always trek from the office to my amazing Church around mile 2 DCC,because no money, this was and still is the only thing that kept me sane all through ,message and ministration were always timely and on point .More like they were directed at me ,I knew there is going to be light at the end of the tunnel .
I was more like a dispatch man ,distributing papers for my company with no pay ,I would go to the island (VI,Lekki ,Marina,Ikoyi) to drop our papers with some big organisation to advertise with us .It was so bad most times I see my old course mates and dodge them ,I was always looking horrible ���.No money ,to change cloth even ,I had an option of going back home ,at least I would be comfortable ,eat and watch movies ,but I wanted more out of life ,that's not the life for me .
You see God never leaves or forsake his people ,we might think we are going through hell now and wonder why can't he just bless us,well with God there is always a reason for everything ,on this particular day ,I was asked to go and drop our papers in the Corporate Communications department in GTB on the island.My life changed at this moment ,I saw people living the exact life I wanted ,young ,sharp looking chaps .I wondered if they have two heads ,see me,graduate hawking newspaper ,see my mates chilling in AC,looking fresh and staring at me like one pauper .I fell in love with Corporate Communications at that moment .
I prayed to God at that moment I wanted more out of life ,I can't keep working with no pay ,i stood on that street ,looked up ( like home video ���)said baba God change my story .
I eventually got a call from my Friend (Tosin Moses Adejuwon ) about a Chicken Republic asst manager job ,which the pay was about 85k ,mhen I didn't even care just give me something ,I mean 85k is a big deal ,from no pay to 85k,I didn't care at this point .
I went for the test on Thursday ,interview Friday ,resumed on Monday .
I got bored with chicken Republic ,as much as I love and enjoy cooking ,I knew that wasn't it ,I wanted more ,I kept on praying and believing in God .I got a bank Job that year not GTB,I started ,oh the pay was better than CR,at least it has hype,you can't tell people I work in a bank .
2014 I started working in the bank ,I still wanted Corporate Communication ,but joining a Corporate Communications department even in the bank wasn't as easy as I thought .
So I started thinking of upgrading my CV ,but didn't take it serious .
2014 everybody in my department was applying for Msc in Unilag ,I applied too ,then I was convinced by my amazing big head friend( Ayodele Weke) that if I want my CV to be respected ,I shouldn't go to lag especially for a very competitive department like Corporate Communications.I thought about it, shes right ,I started asking around for a good communication school .
She eventually found out about School of media and Communication ,Pan Atlantic University ,she told me it's Lagos Business school ,infact LBS is a body in the school ,she was right ,if you know me ,you know I love expensive things ,class .
I started dreaming ,sleeping the school untill I asked for the price and they said it was 3.2million ,the dream left me ���,my taste changed ,I forgot about school for awhile .I nurtured this feeling and thoughts for a very long time but eventually forgot about it as I just got this job that the pay wasn't even up to 150k ,how am I supposed to pay 3.2million,abeg no miracle can happen .
2015 my pastor said if you are here and you have a dream or project that is bigger than you ,come outside ,I didn't go because in my small mind ,how would God do it ,I went out forcefully ,after the prayers my eyes opened ,thoughts and ideas started to flow in ,what if I get this loan ,what if I do this ,what if I do that .I called the school the following day at work and they said they would resume August ,I called like January ,we have to pay 807k every semester for a two years course ,four semester in all .
I started saving all my money to even get the first admission ,I had to pay 807.
I spoke with one of my amazing friend at work ,she gave me 600k ,ah lilie baby,that I can pay her back in bits monthly .
I resumed August against all odds ,friends and family members advised me against this move ,it's too big for me ,oh! if I had known ,I would have listened .
2016, I was still paying the 600k I borrowed ,I have to pay another 807 within January and March for my second semester ,I got the money ,my rent was due ,I had to cough 250k.
Like that was not enough around August 2016,I have to pay another 807k,this was when it dawned on me I made the worst decision of my life ,where would I get the money from
I started running round before my exam,if you can't pay ,you wont write your papers ,I did all I could ,I couldn't meet up before my first paper .I even misplaced my phone in the process ,had to be the most frustrating year of my life .I eventually gave up ,woke up the Saturday morning to go and break the sad news to them at work that I am dropping out ,I can't meet up again ,I would continue 2019.
My class rep Precious Adaeze Njoku have been trying to reach me ,she knew I had given up ,she would always call me to say ,Dayo ,we would finish this together strong,you won't drop out ,I called her that morning to share the bad news ,oh,you need to hear the way she shouted on the phone ,Dayo where are you ,just start coming to school ,I don't care what the excuse is ,start coming .
I didn't even have money for bus ,my colleagues. At work started contributing money ����,I took a cab to school ,immediately I got in they started the exams ,my course adviser just asked if I can get the money before the next and last paper which was the following weekend ,i didnt know how ,but I said yes .
Meanwhile( note) my school don't do that ,no oga abeg ,you don't have money don't bother coming for the exams . The following week my amazing colleagues at work ,course mates ,had their own personal issues but all donated till I got the complete money .
That's how I paid almost 2million for accommodation and school fees 2016 alone ,I was practically dying inside ,but you see I didnt know where this strength was coming from ,like I will see you through .(I knew it was God)
2017 my final semester and final payment ,I was even struggling to pay the ones I have ,how and where would I see this last money .
I was so relaxed you would think I have the money in my house somewhere .
God so good ,I called one of my boss to loan me the money ,won't mention her name for security reasons ,but I call her Mamsim,she allowed me use her account​ to get a loan of 700k to pay back in bits .I was stunned ,Mamsim,I just want you to know I won't have graduated if not for you ma .
That is the real story ,for 2 years I trekked starved ,wore the same shoes for 2years ����,same set of shirts ,no friend ,no babe self ,who wants a broke brother ����.
I thank God who made this possible,my mother for the head start in life ,making us realise how important education is .My father for understanding and supporting me with prayers and advice,for not giving up on me or making me feel bad I wasn't sending stuffs home.
To all my friends that would borrow me 1k ,2k to go home ,that understood what I was going through .They never got tired ,this won't have been possible without you all .
@kehinde
@tochukwu
@simisola
@adaeze
@lilian
@adaeze
@kemisola
Thank you all for believing in this local Ajangbadi boy ,we made it ,my generation is proud of me already .

That's the full story

1 Like

Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Damokesimon: 5:45am On Dec 04, 2017
I'm actually proud of him

Damokesimon:
I paid 4.8million Naira for a master's degree by myself ,loan interest inclusive ,no free Saturdays since 2015 ,had to go to Epe after Ajah every weekend .That is not the whole story ,this is the real story .

2013 after my Nysc,I had an option of staying back home with my parents ,or go out to look for that dream job .After almost 5 years in school with the crazy educational schooling system in Nigeria ,you are so full of life hoping to land that dream job .
I eventually got a place I could manage pending when something better comes along .We didn't talk about salary or money ,I just assumed my boss would at least give me something monthly ,well i worked for 6months without a dime,I have an option ,go back home or stay here.
My office was around first avenue ,I would always trek from the office to my amazing Church around mile 2 DCC,because no money, this was and still is the only thing that kept me sane all through ,message and ministration were always timely and on point .More like they were directed at me ,I knew there is going to be light at the end of the tunnel .
I was more like a dispatch man ,distributing papers for my company with no pay ,I would go to the island (VI,Lekki ,Marina,Ikoyi) to drop our papers with some big organisation to advertise with us .It was so bad most times I see my old course mates and dodge them ,I was always looking horrible ���.No money ,to change cloth even ,I had an option of going back home ,at least I would be comfortable ,eat and watch movies ,but I wanted more out of life ,that's not the life for me .
You see God never leaves or forsake his people ,we might think we are going through hell now and wonder why can't he just bless us,well with God there is always a reason for everything ,on this particular day ,I was asked to go and drop our papers in the Corporate Communications department in GTB on the island.My life changed at this moment ,I saw people living the exact life I wanted ,young ,sharp looking chaps .I wondered if they have two heads ,see me,graduate hawking newspaper ,see my mates chilling in AC,looking fresh and staring at me like one pauper .I fell in love with Corporate Communications at that moment .
I prayed to God at that moment I wanted more out of life ,I can't keep working with no pay ,i stood on that street ,looked up ( like home video ���)said baba God change my story .
I eventually got a call from my Friend (Tosin Moses Adejuwon ) about a Chicken Republic asst manager job ,which the pay was about 85k ,mhen I didn't even care just give me something ,I mean 85k is a big deal ,from no pay to 85k,I didn't care at this point .
I went for the test on Thursday ,interview Friday ,resumed on Monday .
I got bored with chicken Republic ,as much as I love and enjoy cooking ,I knew that wasn't it ,I wanted more ,I kept on praying and believing in God .I got a bank Job that year not GTB,I started ,oh the pay was better than CR,at least it has hype,you can't tell people I work in a bank .
2014 I started working in the bank ,I still wanted Corporate Communication ,but joining a Corporate Communications department even in the bank wasn't as easy as I thought .
So I started thinking of upgrading my CV ,but didn't take it serious .
2014 everybody in my department was applying for Msc in Unilag ,I applied too ,then I was convinced by my amazing big head friend( Ayodele Weke) that if I want my CV to be respected ,I shouldn't go to lag especially for a very competitive department like Corporate Communications.I thought about it, shes right ,I started asking around for a good communication school .
She eventually found out about School of media and Communication ,Pan Atlantic University ,she told me it's Lagos Business school ,infact LBS is a body in the school ,she was right ,if you know me ,you know I love expensive things ,class .
I started dreaming ,sleeping the school untill I asked for the price and they said it was 3.2million ,the dream left me ���,my taste changed ,I forgot about school for awhile .I nurtured this feeling and thoughts for a very long time but eventually forgot about it as I just got this job that the pay wasn't even up to 150k ,how am I supposed to pay 3.2million,abeg no miracle can happen .
2015 my pastor said if you are here and you have a dream or project that is bigger than you ,come outside ,I didn't go because in my small mind ,how would God do it ,I went out forcefully ,after the prayers my eyes opened ,thoughts and ideas started to flow in ,what if I get this loan ,what if I do this ,what if I do that .I called the school the following day at work and they said they would resume August ,I called like January ,we have to pay 807k every semester for a two years course ,four semester in all .
I started saving all my money to even get the first admission ,I had to pay 807.
I spoke with one of my amazing friend at work ,she gave me 600k ,ah lilie baby,that I can pay her back in bits monthly .
I resumed August against all odds ,friends and family members advised me against this move ,it's too big for me ,oh! if I had known ,I would have listened .
2016, I was still paying the 600k I borrowed ,I have to pay another 807 within January and March for my second semester ,I got the money ,my rent was due ,I had to cough 250k.
Like that was not enough around August 2016,I have to pay another 807k,this was when it dawned on me I made the worst decision of my life ,where would I get the money from
I started running round before my exam,if you can't pay ,you wont write your papers ,I did all I could ,I couldn't meet up before my first paper .I even misplaced my phone in the process ,had to be the most frustrating year of my life .I eventually gave up ,woke up the Saturday morning to go and break the sad news to them at work that I am dropping out ,I can't meet up again ,I would continue 2019.
My class rep Precious Adaeze Njoku have been trying to reach me ,she knew I had given up ,she would always call me to say ,Dayo ,we would finish this together strong,you won't drop out ,I called her that morning to share the bad news ,oh,you need to hear the way she shouted on the phone ,Dayo where are you ,just start coming to school ,I don't care what the excuse is ,start coming .
I didn't even have money for bus ,my colleagues. At work started contributing money ����,I took a cab to school ,immediately I got in they started the exams ,my course adviser just asked if I can get the money before the next and last paper which was the following weekend ,i didnt know how ,but I said yes .
Meanwhile( note) my school don't do that ,no oga abeg ,you don't have money don't bother coming for the exams . The following week my amazing colleagues at work ,course mates ,had their own personal issues but all donated till I got the complete money .
That's how I paid almost 2million for accommodation and school fees 2016 alone ,I was practically dying inside ,but you see I didnt know where this strength was coming from ,like I will see you through .(I knew it was God)
2017 my final semester and final payment ,I was even struggling to pay the ones I have ,how and where would I see this last money .
I was so relaxed you would think I have the money in my house somewhere .
God so good ,I called one of my boss to loan me the money ,won't mention her name for security reasons ,but I call her Mamsim,she allowed me use her account​ to get a loan of 700k to pay back in bits .I was stunned ,Mamsim,I just want you to know I won't have graduated if not for you ma .
That is the real story ,for 2 years I trekked starved ,wore the same shoes for 2years ����,same set of shirts ,no friend ,no babe self ,who wants a broke brother ����.
I thank God who made this possible,my mother for the head start in life ,making us realise how important education is .My father for understanding and supporting me with prayers and advice,for not giving up on me or making me feel bad I wasn't sending stuffs home.
To all my friends that would borrow me 1k ,2k to go home ,that understood what I was going through .They never got tired ,this won't have been possible without you all .
@kehinde
@tochukwu
@simisola
@adaeze
@lilian
@adaeze
@kemisola
Thank you all for believing in this local Ajangbadi boy ,we made it ,my generation is proud of me already .

That's the full story

2 Likes

Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by jazboy(m): 7:27am On Dec 04, 2017
Godswillnwaoma:
I will rather use the money and start a good business instead of Masters.

why do some Young graduate rush into master program this days, Masters​ degree can never guarantee you a good job never .. look at how this dude wasted millions for just a paper why not invest it in a good lucrative business.

some please should advice me
I,m 28 years old and I graduated this year, probably after my school clearance I will serve next year.
But the problem now is that I have a small business I,m running which At least pays me more than 68k per month which I can't afford to quit for youth service. So my question is this.....
Is it possible shift my service year till 2019 (though I graduated this year 2017 at the age of 28) when I will be ready to serve?
I want to go for service just to get the nysc certificate because I might need it in future even though I'm business inclined cuz no one knows tomorrow.
Am presently in your shoe right now, I have a work at lag and I can't forgone it for 1 year youth service. This is Nigeria, all you have to do is to make sure u are posted at your residential state then u can forgone the youth service for your work after negotiating with the person in charge of your PPA,.
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by mapet: 7:34am On Dec 04, 2017
alignacademy:

What's the ROI?

What is the ROI? when he just graduated? your question is premature
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by mapet: 7:38am On Dec 04, 2017
Exhibit:
Life is all about choices. It is high time we stop condemning someone who has chosen a course different from the norms. This story is worth sharing a million times. I celebrate you my brother. A true ambassador of OOU.

When I saw a lot of lame, and ignorant reactions, I was like the Dayo guy hit a raw nerve by ascending to a higher pedestal and thereby incurring the wrath of people he left "below"

1 Like

Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by mapet: 7:40am On Dec 04, 2017
macaranta:
What's the moral lesson of this story, as I can't seem to find any.
You can't? That will be very unfortunate.......as there a the good sides and the not too good sides................
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by SpartanJ: 7:40am On Dec 04, 2017
alignacademy:

What's the ROI?

Return on investment
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Maj196(m): 7:44am On Dec 04, 2017
Mehn dis guy no try oo. 4.8M ontop wetin now...
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by LordAA(m): 8:11am On Dec 04, 2017
Godswillnwaoma:
I will rather use the money and start a good business instead of Masters.

why do some Young graduate rush into master program this days, Masters​ degree can never guarantee you a good job never .. look at how this dude wasted millions for just a paper why not invest it in a good lucrative business.

some please should advice me
I,m 28 years old and I graduated this year, probably after my school clearance I will serve next year.
But the problem now is that I have a small business I,m running which At least pays me more than 68k per month which I can't afford to quit for youth service. So my question is this.....
Is it possible shift my service year till 2019 (though I graduated this year 2017 at the age of 28) when I will be ready to serve?
I want to go for service just to get the nysc certificate because I might need it in future even though I'm business inclined cuz no one knows tomorrow.

Go for service.
1. You can be a ghost corper
2. You can work it to the state of your choice.
3. Abeg I want to join your business.
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by macaranta(m): 8:17am On Dec 04, 2017
mapet:

You can't? That will be very unfortunate.......as there a the good sides and the not too good sides................
There's a lesson, but no moral one. A guy spends 4.8m on a Nigerian msc while starving and he's yet to tell us if he later succeeded or regretted, so I can't draw a final conclusion yet.
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 04, 2017
This guy sha, him for Carry that 4.8m go do d masters for Europe. That ticket sure pass
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by tosyne2much(m): 8:40am On Dec 04, 2017
Alcatraz005:

I sabi am Wella. You sef sabi am?
I no sabi am bro
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Sh0lar: 8:45am On Dec 04, 2017
HolyTitus:
A whooping 4.8 Million just for M.BS I would double that amount if i ever got hold of 4.8 million IN A YEAR - no gambling.
How
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by takenadoh: 9:26am On Dec 04, 2017
This story doesn't add up at all, fake rag to riches story like Yinka Folowiyo
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Vokians(m): 10:13am On Dec 04, 2017
Some please should advice me
[/quote]you didn't mention the kind of business you are into. You may entrust someone to manage the business for you while serving.Just go for your service because you never can tell, there may be greater opportunities just after service than the business you are running now.
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by mystmoze(m): 11:18am On Dec 04, 2017
olasaad:
Congrats. But you never told us whr you got the #4.8m
don't mind de guy assive 4.8m is now 300 naira
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by saintkeppy(m): 12:34pm On Dec 04, 2017
tchimatic:
that's enough to do a masters in london n also work as well.
#choice.
. Sorry, maybe the money came in bits.

Not even in London, somewhere in Europe, you can still obtain such.

But cant have such block cash then remain here in Naija to do Msc.
I'lll look for the least European country etc, where I can work &study.
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by mapet: 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2017
macaranta:

There's a lesson, but no moral one. A guy spends 4.8m on a Nigerian msc while starving and he's yet to tell us if he later succeeded or regretted, so I can't draw a final conclusion yet.

You will soon be asking for "spiritual" lesson when the moral one is pointed out to you grin Don't worry, just go with the flow. You will get it soon
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by ZiggyMr(m): 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2017
Alcatraz005:
Dayo has always been a fool right from his days in OOU Mass Com. I always felt he was bit of a talkative and he has not changed. Look at the disgrace he has brought himself by yapping about his masters. He could have used that 4.8 Million to travel to Canada like Deolu his classmate in OOU then. Congrats to him though but he should tone down blowing his own trumpet prematurely. Nairalanders, make una free the guy as he is just a "boy".

You dont have to type all that cos you know him or cos he's a talkative. Everyone has a right to his/her opinion and am so sure he didnt post this here himself though its on his fb page.
Icehole ride on man.
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Godswillnwaoma(m): 7:15pm On Dec 04, 2017
[quote author=wirinet post=62957167]I think you might have wasted your money. Getting paper qualification nowadays count for little in Nigeria and indeed for the rest of the world. Enterprenuership is the new world order and the acquisition of skills and capital is the only key to open opportunities. When people like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and Evan Spiegel (snapchat guy) dropped out of university to become enterprenuers, you are wasting money to acquire a PhD in order to become an employee ( probably to a person less certificated than you).

If the Phd was to acquire a skill that would make you an enterprenuer, it would have been logical, but getting a PhD and displaying it from office to office in search of a job is not very wise. There are lots of PhD holders applying for jobs as truck driver at Dangote.

Any body with some skill, motivation and entrepreneurship spirit can invest N4.8 millio
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by ANDREMEDIA: 3:26pm On Dec 05, 2017
Bruh i heard you finished with 3rd class in same OOU,now i see where the bitterness is coming from
Alcatraz005:
Dayo has always been a fool right from his days in OOU Mass Com. I always felt he was bit of a talkative and he has not changed. Look at the disgrace he has brought himself by yapping about his masters. He could have used that 4.8 Million to travel to Canada like Deolu his classmate in OOU then. Congrats to him though but he should tone down blowing his own trumpet prematurely. Nairalanders, make una free the guy as he is just a "boy".
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by adeblow(m): 9:34pm On Dec 05, 2017
edeXede:
embarassed
Is this guy really a graduate??

His choices betrays the above question??

A real graduate wont waste #4.8m in studying master especially in Nigeria when you consider job prospects for graduates in this country are on the low..
A real graduate from Nigeria that has really passed through the hurdle of studying in Nigeria will rather use that money to start up and be an employer of labour

or

He could just use 750k out of it to apply to foreign University, prepare well to ace the Toefl, gre, Ielts and obtain scholarship to study oversee.

But he rather chose to be stupid and now disturbing our cyber space.

I will say '' NwaAmaikpe come and carry your stupid brother oo'' because I know he will still commit suicide at last due to frustration.. Rip in advance

grin grin grin bros abeg no kill person with laugh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Answering Any 7 Of These Means Your IQ Is Really High. / ASUU May Suspend Strike Today / Auchi Polytechnic Graduate Thrown Up By Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.