Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 (10304 Views)

Nord Unveils Its New Vehicle, Norda5 / Tokunbo Vehicle Sales Drop By 70%, Buyers Opt For Nigerian-Used Cars / Nigeria’s New Vehicle Sales Drops To Abysmal 10,000 Units (2) (3) (4)

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by agbangam: 7:43am On Dec 04, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Before Buhari overthrew Shagari on an unneccessary coup in 1984 Nigerians had never heard of the words second hand car but in just 18 months of his purposeless leadership 98 percent of Nigerians became destined to drive only used cars when the could affford one , this trend will go on for decades till Nigerias economy improved again under the PDP where when the middle class bounced back and many including myself could smell what a new smelt like then we went nack and voted the useless Buhari again and over night we are back to the days where 98 percent of Nigerians can not afford a new again so bad that yesterday i saw someone import in a used Chinese GAC car which i recorded as another low because just 3 years ago Nigerians were laughing at GAC cars and today they are importing used ones ...The lesson in my story is that nothing good can ever come out from a Buhari leadership so we should make sure this is his last tenure if we are ever to wish for the good life again

The way u guys lie on PMB is so annoying. I am so sure u were not born wen Shagari was in power else u won't have written d above rubbish u wrote.
Shagari govt is similar to dat of GEJ were der was oil boom but d vision less govt encouraged massive looting and as soon as d price of oil dropped, d economy became so bad.
Shagari govt went as far as blaming d innocent Ghanaians of taking jobs dat were meant for Nigerians dat was how d famous "Ghana must go" came about. Ghanaians were sent packing from Nigeria. The economy was so bad (plus other issues) dat some young officers overthrew Shagari govt and made PMB d head of State.
GEJ lead us to dis terrible state, his govt wrecked dis Nation, his govt made so much money and so many people had free access to loot and spend their loot purchasing porch cars, building hotels and even went as far as burying their loot.
Obj saved despite all d heavy weight governors around him, during economy melt down Yaradua had Wat to fall back to. PMB is trying to solve the many problems we have found ourselves in and it will take years not 2yrs to solve dem.

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by MRLANNISTER(m): 7:46am On Dec 04, 2017
bamidelee:

Jonathan increased the excise duty not Buhari
so don't kill yourself

Pardon him. He has never owned a car. Has no idea who did what.
Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by meilleur: 7:49am On Dec 04, 2017
gozzlin:
Is he talking about Toyota cars which he sells? Or does that include other brand of cars? Cos if you ask me, it's not possible to have a sale of only 7000 brans new cars in a country of nearly 200m people. Na so we poor reach?
Toyota brand obviously
Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 04, 2017
echelons:
The economy has been so messed up in this administration that individuals hardly find money to buy "Tokunbo" vehicles let alone Brand New ones. Even buying out Naija used cars is even a daunting challenge for regular folks.

Bulk of the purchases are definitely from government agencies and big commercial companies.

It has never been this bad.. hopefully we wouldn't get it all wrong again in 2019.

If oil stays low, things won't get better soon.

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 04, 2017
MRLANNISTER:

Pardon him. He has never owned a car. Has no idea who did what.
OK sir
Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by seguno2: 7:51am On Dec 04, 2017
Buhari is a monumental error of gargantuan proportions.
How did he wreck the prosperity that was handed over to him into recession

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 04, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Before Buhari overthrew Shagari on an unneccessary coup in 1984 Nigerians had never heard of the words second hand car but in just 18 months of his purposeless leadership 98 percent of Nigerians became destined to drive only used cars when the could affford one , this trend will go on for decades till Nigerias economy improved again under the PDP where when the middle class bounced back and many including myself could smell what a new smelt like then we went nack and voted the useless Buhari again and over night we are back to the days where 98 percent of Nigerians can not afford a new again so bad that yesterday i saw someone import in a used Chinese GAC car which i recorded as another low because just 3 years ago Nigerians were laughing at GAC cars and today they are importing used ones ...The lesson in my story is that nothing good can ever come out from a Buhari leadership so we should make sure this is his last tenure if we are ever to wish for thegood life again

Flawed history

1.Oil prices started crashing in 1982...so we were in a forex scarcity by the time of the coup.

2.Tokumbo car purchasing stated under IBB. Bubu did try some 'emergency measures' which kept our car industry going. (Didn't fix Ajaokuta though)

3.Nigeria's economy 'improved' under PDP because of high oil prices...and people still bought tokunbo cars then, and now.

4,Our problem is oil and over-importation...which stifles our domestic industry terribly....and which APC nor PDP has done nothing about.
Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by meilleur: 7:55am On Dec 04, 2017
in 2015, a tkb golf 3 cost 600+ and a golf 4 cost 800+. I called a dealer yday and i marvelled at the coat of a manual transmission golf 4.......1.4m! Well,, at this point make i chop better n chase better things... motor no b do or die! if the economy wont make me happy,, i ll induce that happiness somehow!

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 04, 2017
APC has done very well angry

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 04, 2017
BruncleZuma:
Please explain this in terms of the availability of garri and rice.

abi o

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by seguno2: 8:15am On Dec 04, 2017
moscobabs:
Vehicle na food? No bi person way get money to buy food and satisfied hinsef go buy Car?

Na true oh.
Even money for food is unavailable under Buhari.
How did we get here

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by judgedredd22(m): 8:16am On Dec 04, 2017
bamidelee:

so don't kill yourself

stop spewing crap from the mouth you use to eat!

there was a laid down plan to increase tariff on automobile importation but that was supposed to be after improvement and increase in local production in order to drive up local patronage (which is what logical and sensible governments around the world do), hence the new auto policies that saw volkswagen and hyundai plus toyota with some other chinese companies making moves to set up assembly plants prior to 2015 handover, but your stupid buhari and his clueless APC government went ahead to put the cart before the horse (i wonder what they expected to happen without boost in local production capacity) and wrecked peoples businesses as well as every other viable sector.

The chinese auto company has pulled back as well as volkswagen. The massive land one of the chinese auto companies bought along the lagos/ibadan expressway (after berger) has been lying fallow. Only Hyundai was able to do a complete assembly set up before the useless/clueless administration took over and they still can't operate at full capacity yet because of policy constraints.

In addition, it was the early days of the policy that saw companies like innoson come to life and others were gearing up with hope that the previous administration would have continuance.

so.. what was it you were saying again??

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by jerflakes(m): 8:16am On Dec 04, 2017
money121:

Leave buhari alone and thank God for ur life..
That keep u alive from Jan. Till date..
Nigeria govt. Don't care about we masses..

So keep hustling one day baba God will pick ur call @least u go forget this buhari of things

Thank you

You are a wise person

May your wisdom increase per second

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by GoldCircle: 8:16am On Dec 04, 2017
fulaniHERDSman:
Buharii the Babarian grin
Coming from a Fulani herdsman?!

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by seguno2: 8:17am On Dec 04, 2017
9jakohai:
Flawed history

1.Oil prices started crashing in 1982...so we were in a forex scarcity by the time of the coup.

2.Tokumbo car purchasing stated under IBB. Bubu did try some 'emergency measures' which kept our car industry going. (Didn't fix Ajaokuta though)

3.Nigeria's economy 'improved' under PDP because of high oil prices...and people still bought tokunbo cars then, and now.

4,Our problem is oil and over-importation...which stifles our domestic industry terribly....and which APC nor PDP has done nothing about.

Are you saying that the APC change has not happened

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by judgedredd22(m): 8:18am On Dec 04, 2017
meilleur:
in 2015, a tkb golf 3 cost 600+ and a golf 4 cost 800+. I called a dealer yday and i marvelled at the coat of a manual transmission golf 4.......1.4m! Well,, at this point make i chop better n chase better things... motor no b do or die! if the economy wont make me happy,, i ll induce that happiness somehow!

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by seguno2: 8:20am On Dec 04, 2017
GoldCircle:

Coming from a Fulani herdsman?!

Even Buhari’s wife has disowned him.
Why won’t a Fulani herdsman also disown him?
Buhari is a thoroughbred failure.

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by judgedredd22(m): 8:21am On Dec 04, 2017
9jakohai:

Flawed history

stop making noise go and do some research and stop mistaking false claims for knowledge... your own history is beyond flawed!

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by bigfather(m): 8:22am On Dec 04, 2017
AdolfHitlerxXx:
Brand new cars are practically impossible to buy for regular, law abiding, non-embezzling folks.

Tokunbo sef na wahala

Tried buying throughout 2016....throughout 2017.

Terrible eye-gouging "deals" everywhere

Even Naija Used sef na no go area......... sad

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 04, 2017
seguno2:

Are you saying that the APC change has not happened

Of course...and i was no APC supporter anyways.

I will support a govt that invests in measures designed to increase our industrial output....and APC warn't it, nor is PDP or any of the other parties.

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by seguno2: 8:36am On Dec 04, 2017
9jakohai:
Of course...and i was no APC supporter anyways.

I will support a govt that invests in measures designed to increase our industrial output....and APC warn't it, nor is PDP or any of the other parties.

Why do you have to wait to support the government?
Why not proactively join others to make that government happen

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by NemzySeries(m): 8:39am On Dec 04, 2017
maxiuc:
Nothing good comes out of buhari

In 2014 I can comfortably buy tokunbo venza for 4million but now na 2x

so true bro.... i remember wen i wuz still serving in a village(chikanda under baruten LGA) in kwara state sharing border wit benin republic, bliv me 3m cud get u a soft venza but nw d naija used is over 5m

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 04, 2017
seguno2:

Why do you have to wait to support the government?
Why not proactively join others to make that government happen

Because, i have found my vocation in life, and my hands are tied down with it.

The only way change can come is working within the system to change things. I do that by giving my best under the circumstances.

Good morning.

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by money121(m): 8:48am On Dec 04, 2017
jerflakes:

Thank you

You are a wise person

May your wisdom increase per second

Amin... Same to u brother
Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by seguno2: 8:53am On Dec 04, 2017
9jakohai:
Because, i have found my vocation in life, and my hands are tied down with it.

The only way change can come is working within the system to change things. I do that by giving my best under the circumstances.

Good morning.

I am wondering what you mean by “working within the system”?

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by Sagay212: 9:01am On Dec 04, 2017
Buhari messed this country up so bad. That man is the meaning of BADLUCK.

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by EvilMetahuman: 9:09am On Dec 04, 2017
bamidelee:

so don't kill yourself
did jonathan also increase dollars to almost 400?

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 04, 2017
judgedredd22:

stop spewing crap from the mouth you use to eat!

there was a laid down plan to increase tariff on automobile importation but that was supposed to be after improvement and increase in local production in order to drive up local patronage (which is what logical and sensible governments around the world do), hence the new auto policies that saw volkswagen and hyundai plus toyota with some other chinese companies making moves to set up assembly plants prior to 2015 handover, but your stupid buhari and his clueless APC government went ahead to put the cart before the horse (i wonder what they expected to happen without boost in local production capacity) and wrecked peoples businesses as well as every other viable sector.

The chinese auto company has pulled back as well as volkswagen. The massive land one of the chinese auto companies bought along the lagos/ibadan expressway (after berger) has been lying fallow. Only Hyundai was able to do a complete assembly set up before the useless/clueless administration took over and they still can't operate at full capacity yet because of policy constraints.

In addition, it was the early days of the policy that saw companies like innoson come to life and others were gearing up with hope that the previous administration would have continuance.

so.. what was it you were saying again??
you don make sense for your face
I don't have time for people like you
Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by AndrewRTurne: 9:12am On Dec 04, 2017
Buharii the Babarian

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by EvilMetahuman: 9:12am On Dec 04, 2017
money121:

Leave buhari alone and thank God for ur life..
That keep u alive from Jan. Till date..
Nigeria govt. Don't care about we masses..

So keep hustling one day baba God will pick ur call @least u go forget this buhari of things
typical nigerian

we should leave the man that is making everyone's life a hell alone because one imaginary will suddendly pick imaginary call someday.

Re: New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 04, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
did jonathan also increase dollars to almost 400?
ask your brother how he shared foreign reserve with his cohorts

Power Steering Issues: Tips On How To Fix It / Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? / Is It Legal To Drive Right-hand-drive (RHD) Vehicles In Nigeria?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54