Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions (36219 Views)

5 Categories Of Students Who Will Benefit From ASUU Strike / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection / 27 Months Salary Arrears: Osun Tertiary Institutions Embark On Industrial Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by Blonchilli(m): 11:33am On Dec 05, 2017
Clintonblaze:
Ben Carson, father of neurosurgery cohabited in fact the girlfriend helped find new ways for him to study and it was successful, M. and P. Curie cohabited and as a result they found and pioneered radioactivity in nuclear physics.
Others tried and failed. But like someone said earlier "what works for davido might not work for wizkid".
I understand your point but comparing western education (cohabitation) with Naija is absurd. Over there, most times, both parties involved know what they're getting into and consult their elders (because they won't lash out) before doing so and try ways to improve themselves. The girl might take a job and the boy focus more and most of the time (80 percent) they end up getting married or becoming life partners. I know a lot of famous Americans who lived together with their spouse while in school and they do it mostly because they truly love the person and to build a future. Here we just co habit because of sex, after the girl gets pregnant the relationship mostly ends bitterly. Popular Hollywood legend Charlton Heston is another example of one of those who did that and it was successful. Also I think it's in the 70s, 80s, 90s and early 2000s that it worked in Nigeria. There's too many distractions now
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by smulti(m): 11:36am On Dec 05, 2017
greypencils:
i bet he has no plans to marry her. I am very sure she thought of marrying him. Relationship is symbiotic indeed. He won. She lost.

I think you're mixing things up here

the agreement's were not contracted with marriage in sight

these are two lovers with sole aim of co- habiting together is to meeting each others needs during their school programs

don't forget the guy must have to pay 90% of their bills while the co-habitation last
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by effogis: 11:38am On Dec 05, 2017
I just want to ask, the white ppl who brought education down to us, is it the way they are schooling? Your parents who send to schooling when hear such obnoxious story, how are they going to feel? Is that the way your papa and mama got married?

There is a sage in Igbo which says that any child who goes to the fire and puts the finger there, will get burnt.
Jesus told us to flee from fornication, but he did not tell us. Second class lower you acquired being one of them because you could not control your biological make-up by illegal marriage at University instead of marrying your books. Or you become a dropout with pregnancy bringing indelible reproach to family. A word is a enough to the wise.
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by smulti(m): 11:49am On Dec 05, 2017
Achorise:
Good question, ask yourself where is your spirit? where does it go.

if actually hell fire is real... hehehe

Nigeria pastors will occupy the largest part of it for their "Holly" fraud

politicians may even be pardoned because they never claimed to be Holly
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by Lorbar(f): 11:49am On Dec 05, 2017
aamstih:
Lorbar, hope you're not presently cohabiting o?

Nah. I graduated some years back.. I have friends who cohabited in school and it didn't end well.
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by Hormotorlah: 11:59am On Dec 05, 2017
smulti:

relationship isn't binding

Indeed grin grin grin
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by aamstih: 12:00pm On Dec 05, 2017
Wow... You must have graduated at a very early age (I am of the assumption that you're the one on your dp).

Btw, which Uni?

Lorbar:
Nah. I graduated some years back.. I have friends who cohabited in school and it didn't end well.
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by whoisuche: 12:00pm On Dec 05, 2017
smulti:

if actually hell fire is real... hehehe

Nigeria pastors will occupy the largest part of it for their "Holly" fraud

politicians may even be pardoned because they never claimed to be Holly

My brother Hell is real and Heaven is real, Hell is meant for sinners, those who disobey God, examples of such is just what the op mentioned, cohabitating of opposite sex and fornicating to mention but few. So you need Jesus Christ to be saved from going to hell. Thanks
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 05, 2017
Girls don't even come close to me,Thank God
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by smulti(m): 12:06pm On Dec 05, 2017
whoisuche:

My brother Hell is real and Heaven is real, Hell is meant for sinners, those who disobey God, examples of such is just what the op mentioned, cohabitating of opposite sex and fornicating to mention but few. So you need Jesus Christ to be saved from going to hell. Thanks

@ your last sentence, are you saying people of other religions are going to hellfire

.e.g Muslims and the rest..
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by smulti(m): 12:08pm On Dec 05, 2017
TechEnthusiast:
Girls don't even come close to me,Thank God

are you a Munster
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 05, 2017
smulti:

are you a Munster
Seriously, they go after " happening guys"
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by xtenxive(m): 12:15pm On Dec 05, 2017
Mille:
Just say you are jealous.

I cohabited when I was in the University. Neither me nor the girl had a spillover. Same Faculty, Same level and graduated same time. Infact, having someone around was more like a blessing for me. Though I agree it's a financial strain for your pocket.

I'm currently rounding up my Masters at one of the top Grand-Ecoles in France. So eat that up.

Proud ''Co-habiter'',

You did not tell us if you are married to your ''Co-habitant'' or not.
But if you are not married to her and probably aren't dating anymore, will this Lady proudly tell the world she is happy about the co-habitation?

Be honest with yourself please.
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by chubysoft1(m): 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2017
Achorise:
People are now proud of sin, we no longer condem evil rather we uphold it and praise it.
But quick to condemn pastors and tithes.
If you die cohabiting,straight passport to hell.

My brother you are correct. It's the truth. The truth is never sweet. Cohabiting is a SIN. A sin to God, the society, your family, your career and yourself. Run away from it!
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by lacreamieboie(m): 12:28pm On Dec 05, 2017
tessygirl:
Op is one exceptional writer on this platform.. Dear Op, i love you. Much feelings. As for the write up, I cohabited, and the result didn't go down well with both of us. Not an experience to talk about. I rest my. Case.

They have bleeped this one... Yamayama!!! #Chai

1 Like

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by Lorbar(f): 12:39pm On Dec 05, 2017
aamstih:
Wow... You must have graduated at a very early age (I am of the assumption that you're the one on your dp).

Btw, which Uni?

Lautech
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by greypencils: 12:50pm On Dec 05, 2017
smulti:

I think you're mixing things up here

the agreement's were not contracted with marriage in sight

these are two lovers with sole aim of co- habiting together is to meeting each others needs during their school programs

don't forget the guy must have to pay 90% of their bills while the co-habitation last
trust me, the girl thought of together forever, any girl who cohabits with a guy sees him as a potential husband and one to settle down with in future
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by greypencils: 12:57pm On Dec 05, 2017
OMOTOWO:
i cohabited during my ND and HND days with an inteligent and brilliant girl from the same department and we both graduated with distiction..eat your story
i hope you marry that girl because you have failed irrespective of the distinction if you dont.
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by Talkwell: 1:04pm On Dec 05, 2017
Ajadiboye:
Your write-up is full of fallacy of hasty generalization & irrelevant conclusion.

Hasty generalization in the sense that- Not all that cohabited while on campus ended bad, infact my class rep(Tayo) back then cohabited with a lady (Bidemi), & they both graduated with excellent grade, Tayo is a very brilliant guy (d no2 guy in d whole dept). Everything is not all about sex , we need to get that straight. Tayo is married to Bidemi today & they already brought forth 2 sons. May the Lord continue to be with them.

They studied together & were always together from the start to finish, eventually got an award(best couple) for that @ the deptmental party. Apparently Tayo added so much value to Bidemi , Bidemi will never forget that as they both ended well academically.

Irrelevant conclusion in the sense that- You dint choose your statement while writing, conclusion on almost all ur paragraph says , cohabitation on campus is terribly bad and all that engaged in it ended badly, whereas if its reasonably managed You'll get a wonderful result... its not GOOD for any man to be alone not even any woman, its only when its abused that impacts negatively on the parties involved.

Regards

If its reasonably managed, you'll discover that it would yield

Help me tell op @bold font, the summary of the whole story he wrote there is SEX.

Nigerians and hypocrisy,na we geh church pass yet na we they wallow/bask in the springs of corruption.

Na only sex Africans know,smh @op

1 Like

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by kunyeo(m): 1:05pm On Dec 05, 2017
Mille:

I cohabited when I was in the University. Neither me nor the girl had a spillover. Same Faculty, Same level and graduated same time. Infact, having someone around was more like a blessing for me. Though I agree it's a financial strain for your pocket.

I'm currently rounding up my Masters at one of the top Grand-Ecoles in France. So eat that up.

A kid heaped abuses on the Iroko tree and is looking back ,expecting a reprisal, forgetting that it is not the day a neophyte wrongs the god that it fights back.Wont you marry one day? And possibly have daughters!Boys will do worse to them! Karma always has it way!

1 Like

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by ajodog(m): 1:14pm On Dec 05, 2017
I am now regretting not cohabited when I was in school. Now very difficult to hook up to any woman.

The truth is that is morally wrong.

1 Like

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by OMOTOWO(m): 1:24pm On Dec 05, 2017
greypencils:
i hope you marry that girl because you have failed irrespective of the distinction if you dont.
definitely she is right here with me..wt a kid
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by greypencils: 1:28pm On Dec 05, 2017
OMOTOWO:
definitely she is right here with me..wt a kid
Thats all i need to know. You guys are the lucky few. Congrats. 95 percent of students that cohabit end up breaking up with bad grades as kitty. I am glad yours is intact and perfect.
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by tete7000(m): 1:54pm On Dec 05, 2017
Mille:

That it hasn't caught up with you like you think doesn't mean it won't catch up with you. The problem is that each time we get involved in an immoral and 'get away' with it, we lose a bit of our soul. We gradually lose our morals, our ability to see any wrong in that wrong we think we got away with. We lose the will to correct that in those younger than us. Particularly if our children engage in the same act in future, we won't be able to tell them to stop. Our presumption will be: since nothing happens to me, nothing will happen to them.They usually end up paying the price for our own deeds and their own deeds. The parents have eaten the sower grape, and the children have set their teeth on the edge. Watch out!

5 Likes

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by tonaolu(m): 2:01pm On Dec 05, 2017
valentineuwakwe:
I don't see anything wrong here as long as you both are sincere on having a good relationship and being focus on your academics....I cohabited with my own wife in school, back in our days at uniport....infact it made me lose interest in other girls and focus on my academics. ...my grades never suffered or hers..we were their for each other cos we know what we want...she graduated in 2012 and we got married in 2014..so my dear, its sincerity and being focus...know what you want from school or a relationship...thanks
Bro. nah N-power u dey do now.
if you had not cohabitation maybe you would have had your own company by now.

2 Likes

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by mhizsuzzy(f): 2:01pm On Dec 05, 2017
Mille:

Too bad I don't have a sister. So my advice here is irrelevant.

I do have brothers though. And Would I recommend it for them? YES, if they find a intelligent one to love. But it's also pretty irrelevant because they are well past University age.

So meaning U will encourage ur daughters to cohabit nah. If you will agree then It will be my prayer for you
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by mhizsuzzy(f): 2:07pm On Dec 05, 2017
tessygirl:
Op is one exceptional writer on this platform.. Dear Op, i love you. Much feelings. As for the write up, I cohabited, and the result didn't go down well with both of us. Not an experience to talk about. I rest my. Case.

Nne, Thanks for being honest. Leave all those saying nothing wrong with it.

If u are a Lady and cohabiting, Sorry is ur name cos u are gradually loosing your worth. Don't u see it is guys that are saying nothing is wrong with it. Better be wise he won't marry you and will dump you
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by Codyt(m): 2:13pm On Dec 05, 2017
Mille:

Oshey!!!!!! Nice one cheesy
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by mhizsuzzy(f): 2:17pm On Dec 05, 2017
acme6:
Its a normal thing here in my school, they just live with a guy, do countless abortions for him and at the end get dumped. I dunno why some girls don't have sense, the ones from rich family live with a guy, train him in school and foot his bills.

WTF

imagines guys approaching me to be their roommate, they will foot my bills and stuffs, I just say "not when my father is alive and footing my bills".

Anyway, it all boils down to family training and background.

I tell u, one told me that we shd live together, he will be sleeping on the mattress on the floor, I will be will sleeping on the bed. who he dey deceive. at night he may come up and one thing will lead to another.

Cohabiting with a guy is a slight on my parents ranging from that he can't provide for me, or that I wasn't given home training.

Take it or leave nairalanders, Cohabiting is not good at all nothing to justify it with. You don't live with a guy that is not family or husband.

1 Like

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by Iamzik: 2:25pm On Dec 05, 2017
Mille:

I do have brothers though. And Would I recommend it for them? YES, if they find a intelligent one to love. But it's also pretty irrelevant because they are well past University age.

Then you will do well to advise your daughter to cohabit when she gets to university. Wouldn't that be a wonderful idea?

1 Like

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by GEJDHERO: 3:11pm On Dec 05, 2017
Mille:

ok just assume u have sisters would allow her cohabit?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Becomes First Nursing Graduate From Her Village(pics, Video) / Ilelolawa Oluwatobi: Pupil Draws President Buhari With A Pen (Photos) / Tai Solarin University Of Education (TASUED) 2015/2016 Admission Forum.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.