Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Real Friends?? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Real Friends?? (317 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Real Friends?? by Queerlyshrewd: 1:54am On Dec 05, 2017
There's this KanyeWest song that says "Real friends, how many of us are real friends??" Well i do not have a large friend base but Of course i know a lotta people, i talk to a lotta people, I'm chill with many people but for me Friendship is a big word.
You may not know him but lemme tell you bout Charlie Gordon, a character from the book Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes. He was a 30-something year old dummy But he was quite cheerful so you could say that attracted people to him.There was Frank, Joe and some other people he considered friends... Right...
At some point fortune smiled on Charlie and some scientists decided he was the perfect lab rat for an operation that would make him smart. The operation was done all right and then gradually but surely, dumb-ol- Charlie became Mr.Smartypants.
Then he realized that those jokes that made people laugh at his expense wasn't because he had loving friends; he just had people who loved making fun of him and loved even more that he couldn't discern...
Smart Charlie was wiser now and didnt wanna play those games anymore. He was smart now and so he was no longer a pun. He couldn't be taken for granted. Damn! he could now speak 20 languages.
Then those people he always thought were his friends no longer wanted to be around him. They wanted him far from them and they all signed the petition to get him outta the bakery... That's mean right??

My theory is... People love you and want to be around you as long as you're not a threat to them. The moment they start seeing you as a threat, they pull away and dont wanna be around you anymore...
Everyone was okay with Charlie as long as he was dumb, as long as they were better than him. He made them feel good bout themselves and when that was taken away... Poof!!!! The "friends" were gone.
Real Friends are those friends that are with you forever. They never see you as a threat and support you through anything all the wayy. To them, it don't matter if you get smarter or hotter or more popular or better; they are with you no matter what... They dont change...
Now people like this are so fucking hard to come by... If you do find one, dont lose them...

http://queerlyshrewd..com

(1) (Reply)

Feminism / What A Man Never Did. / What You Choose Today Will Make What You Will Become Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.