Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Would SD Card Slow Down You Phone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Would SD Card Slow Down You Phone? (1353 Views)

Top 4 Ways To Make You Phone Battery Last Longer / REASONS Why Your Smartphone Slow Down / Have U Heard? You Phone Can Be Hacked With Music Wave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would SD Card Slow Down You Phone? by Donahue(m): 4:38am On Dec 05, 2017
Do SD Cards mess with the performance of your device? I've heard conflicting stories and it's hard to get a straight answer doing a web search. I personally don't use SD Cards unless I know I'm going to be somewhere data and WiFi isn't available. Then I load up the SD Card with music and videos.

Re: Would SD Card Slow Down You Phone? by FlySly05: 6:54am On Dec 05, 2017
Yes it could, especially if its not the recommended capacity. Like inserting a 64gb SD card in phone that's recommended to use between 16-32gb

2 Likes

Re: Would SD Card Slow Down You Phone? by calddon(m): 7:09am On Dec 05, 2017
All data storage device have read and write speed... For sd cards they are rated in classes, eg: class 4 l, class 10....classs 10 would give u faster transfer speeds than class 4.
Re: Would SD Card Slow Down You Phone? by KentoMarine(m): 10:55pm On Dec 05, 2017
calddon:
All data storage device have read and write speed... For sd cards they are rated in classes, eg: class 4 l, class 10....classs 10 would give u faster transfer speeds than class 4.
Story

1 Like

Re: Would SD Card Slow Down You Phone? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 05, 2017
KentoMarine:
Story

It's not story, also buying genuine SD cards help a lot. Some fake SD cards will will take like 30 mins just to transfer. 3gb file while genuine ones with class 10 will take less than 2 mins.

1 Like

Re: Would SD Card Slow Down You Phone? by Donahue(m): 3:00am On Dec 06, 2017
Yes, many all spread the SD card will slow down the phone speed

FlySly05:
Yes it could, especially if its not the recommended capacity. Like inserting a 64gb SD card in phone that's recommended to use between 16-32gb
Re: Would SD Card Slow Down You Phone? by calddon(m): 5:18am On Dec 06, 2017
KentoMarine:
Story
Whiteshirt... Welcome to Nairaland
Re: Would SD Card Slow Down You Phone? by MarkWayne89: 11:49am On Dec 06, 2017
I am not aware of such as an issue.

I see others commenting that it does, but I never noticed it.
Re: Would SD Card Slow Down You Phone? by Donahue(m): 3:15am On Dec 07, 2017
yeah, I have see many words said it would slow down the smartphone.. now, I Support that.

MarkWayne89:
I am not aware of such as an issue.

I see others commenting that it does, but I never noticed it.

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 6 Plus / How To Turn Off Last Seen On Instagram / My Honest Opinion About Xiaomi And Other Mtk Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.