Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,680 members, 7,823,920 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Checking The Menace Of The Fulani Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Checking The Menace Of The Fulani Herdsmen (387 Views)

Buhari Checking Who His Wife, Aisha, Voted For? (Photos) / Fact-checking Vice President Yemi Osinbajo’s Claims During #debate2019 / FFK Reacts To The Fulani Herdsmen Attack In A Community In Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Checking The Menace Of The Fulani Herdsmen by aod1(m): 6:32am On Dec 05, 2017
The fulani and their trail of blood and tears.
The fulani people have become synonymous with leaving a trail of blood and tears everywhere they go. This brings to remembrance the hit song by fela anikulapo kuti "tears and blood". It's also reminds me of a popular adage in Yoruba which says "obuko de orun de" meaning the arrival of the he goat signals the arrival of the foul smell. The Fulani's are synonymous with nomadic lifestyle, going from north to south with their cattle's in search of food for their animals. Under Nigeria's constitution,they have the right of movement to go to any part of the country to find their livelihood but this right does not permit them to met violence against the indigenous people of these areas. Recently I read a statement by the miyetti Allah spokesman in Benue state and he complained about the land tenure system being practiced by the tiv people as part of the reason they are usually at war with them, and I asked myself should the tivs change their culture and traditional system just to accommodate you,the stranger ?. Everywhere the fulani goes,they leave a trail of blood,tears and destruction it is high time the authorities stand up to this people, the ipob were proscribed because their activities was straining the peace and unity of the country so also is the activities of these fulani herdsmen. A stitch in time they say, saves nine. The earlier steps are taken to checkmate this people the better for us all.

(1) (Reply)

Kano APC To Buy Forms For Buhari’s Second Term / Who Wants To Break Osinbajo And Tinubu's Tie? / Windpumps In Nigeria; Solution To Government Water Roadmap Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.