Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Day 1: Holy Ghost Congress 2017(04/12/2017) Victory Over Self - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Day 1: Holy Ghost Congress 2017(04/12/2017) Victory Over Self (501 Views)

RCCG 2021 Holy Ghost Congress; The Siege Is Over! / Visa Seekers Pray With Foreign Flags At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress / Pastor Adeboye Ambushed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Day 1: Holy Ghost Congress 2017(04/12/2017) Victory Over Self by 4reala(m): 10:03am On Dec 05, 2017
DAY 1: HOLY GHOST CONGRESS 2017

THEME: SONGS OF VICTORY

MINISTERING: PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE

TALK 2 TOPIC: VICTORY OVER SELF

PRAYER: Father, let me be among the first ten people to receive Miracles during this Congress in the Jesus name.

Let somebody shout Halleluyah. Shake hand with one person and say: This is my own week of Victories.

I want to Welcome you all to this Special Congress. I am very sure that God will settled all our cases once and for all.

Tomorrow if the Lord tarries, it will be the day for Healing...so tell your friends. God will surprised us all in Jesus Name. There must not be reservation of seats as it is first come, first serve.

Today however, we will lay foundation for what God will do.

Tonight by the Special Grace of God, we want to talk about Victory over Self. This is the most crucial of all Victories as we will soon discover.

BIBLE TEXT: PROVERBS 16:32 - He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.

There is a song that is one of the greatest Song of Victory back then in those days but I have not heard it often now:

I have decided to Follow Jesus (4ce)
No turning back (2ce).

You may want to ask me why that song is one of the greatest, it is because it is a song of commitment to Jesus Christ and so a Powerful song. This song is also linked to another song:

I am married to Jesus, Satan leave me alone (2ce)
My husband is coming to take me away
To everlasting Home.

You see, many has many enemies but the biggest three (3) are:

1. Death - In 1 Corinthians 15:26; the bible says that the last enemy to be destroyed is death. In fact death will wait till the last minute leaving no room for your escape. Hebrew 9:27 says it is appointed to a man to die once and after this is the judgement.

If Jesus Christ tarries: King, President, Pastors, General Overseers will all die because even as annointed as Elisha was, he still died.

Fortunately however Jesus Christ settled that in 1 Corinthians 15: 51-57. In V54 He said that death is swallowed up in Victory.

... Death is like our horse to ride to our Glorious Home.

2. Devil - In 1 Peter 5: 8-9; Paul says that the adversary is always everyday walking about and looking for who to destroy without getting tired.

In the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ, the devil will not find you and me because you and I are married to Jesus Christ.

The bible says that the eyes of the Lord run throughout earth to show Himself strong to those that feared Him.

... If you win the battle over yourself then the rest is History.

3. Yourself - The biggest enemy of all is Yourself. That is why those who are here tonight by tomorrow will sing SONGS OF VICTORY.

Romans 8:31 says if God be for us who can be against us?

Many of us normally jump up when we heard this and answer: Nobody. But when I look at that place in the bible, Nobody is written there but a question mark.

James 4:7 says if you submit yourself to God, then you can resist the devil and he will flee from you.

What about the demons, they are mere servants of the devil. In Mark 16:17; all we need do is just to cast them out.

What about herbalist/occultic/witches/wizards in Isaiah 54: 16-17 the bible makes it clear that no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper because it is our Father who made all the herbs.

Many at-times we thought our enemies are those criticising us; Isaiah 54: 17(b) simply says we should rebuked them and compelled them to keep quiet.

Who is that enemy that we must Overcome?

The first and biggest is VICTORY OVER YOURSELF. Read our text - Proverbs 16:32.

On the other hand, Proverbs 25:28 says if you cannot rule over your spirit/self; it is like a city broken down and without walls (No defense).

Let's consider some examples: For Cain in Genesis 4: 1-4; he was the first born of the whole world but because he cannot control himself he turned out to be the No 1 Vagabond of the whole world.

Esau in Genesis 25: 29-34 is another first born; a fellow that could have gotten a tremendous amount of blessings. But he cannot control his stomach, lost his birthright because of food and ended up losing his blessings.

Samson in Judges 16: 1-end is a mighty man who indeed was baptised in the Holy Spirit even before birth. A man that with just a jaw bone destroyed a thousand. He cannt control himself, the enemies came and ended up to be a blind prisoner in the prison of his enemy.

Let us start tonight by praying that Victory over Yourself shall be yours in Jesus Name.

SEVEN (7) REASONS WHY YOU CAN HAVE VICTORY OVER SELF.

1. If truly born again then you are a child of God. John 1: 11-12 says He came to His own and received Him not. But as many that received Him, He gave them Power to become sons of God, even to them that believe His Name.

In 1 John 3: 8-9, the Bible says that the seed of God dwell in you. He that is born of God cannot commit sin. If your salvation is genuine then something in you will say No to sin every time.

No matter how hungry a cat may be, it won't eat grass because they don't eat grass in its generation. No matter how hungry a sheep may be, it won't eat flesh because a seed in it will say your food is not flesh. No matter the temptation, there is a seed in a child of God that says in your generation it is Holiness.

If you are really born again then the seed of God which is in you will guarantee Victory.

2. Jesus Overcame and so you and I too will Overcome. Hebrew 4: 14-16 says He was tempted in every manner of temptations and yet no sin. Temptation is not a sin but when you yield to that temptation that is a sin.

Philippians 4:13 says I can do all things through Christ that strengthened me.

Daddy decreed in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ that no matter the temptation, you will Overcome.

3. The bible says in 1 Corinthians 10:13 that there is no temptation that will come your way that is not common to man. God won't allow you to be tempted more than you can bear.

... And for every temptation, He will provide a way of escape.

God won't send you a temptation beyond your abilities and what you can handle. Daddy Go used to be a boxer and he knows that only two (2) of same weights are paired to fight. The temptation of GO won't be the same as Pastors or Workers. Temptation are graded and every temptation has a way of escape.

Daddy prayed that any blessing that will lead you to premature death won't come your way.

4. It is Written in the Word of God in Romans 6: 1-14; God said specifically that sin shall have no dominion over you. It is written forever Oh Lord your Words is settled. Then you and I can loud and clear: sin shall have no dominion over me.

Why you may say? Because it is Written!

5. The Power of God Himself will keep you. In 1 Peter1:5, Peter said that we are kept by the Power of God. Psalm 121: 4-5 says that the one that keeps us neither sleep nor slumber.

Those that are standing today are kept by the Power of God. As a matter of fact, the longer you served God, the more precious you are to God and the more determined is He to keep you.

In the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ, we will all finished well.

6. The Holy Spirit will help us. We cannot run this race on our own...we need the Help of the Holy Spirit.

Zachariah 4:6 says it is not by Power or Might but my spirit said the Lord of Host.

Help can be in various ways. One way is to Pray Victorious Prayers. The bible in Romans 8:26 says we don't even know how to pray as it is the Holy Spirit that help us to pray according to the Will of God.

This is why as many of us that are not baptised in the Holy Spirit must not leave this Congress not baptised in the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit will even tell you in advanced of dangers and get you ready for it.

7. It is because God loves ME.

How do i know that God loves me?

I know that God loves me because in John 3:16 the bible says that for God so loved the world (Moses Durodola). He even loves me more than He loves you.

The bible in Romans 8 :37 says we are more than Conqueror through Him that loves us.

... Once you Overcome yourself then the rest is History.

Are you here tonight and you are not sure of your salvation and truly not born again; come to the front before I count 7.

Read 2 Corinthians 5:17

GENERAL PRAYERS

I will leave you for 15 minutes to pray all these Prayer Points earnestly:

1. Father, thank you for saving me.

2. Lord Jesus, just as you Overcame, let me Overcome all temptations that may come my way.

3. Father by your Power please keep me Holy and Pure till the end.

4. Blessed Holy Spirit, help me always to pray Victorious Prayers

5. Because of your love for me, Father make me always More than A Conqueror.

6. Lord Jesus you prayed for Peter, please pray for me now.

7. Where you know that your own Personal Weakness are, violently discuss it with God. The Lord says if any of your body parts is not good, it is better to cut it off.

... May the Lord heed ears to our .

As you are going home be singing this song:

I am married to Jesus, Satan leave me alone (2ce)
My husband is coming to take me away
To everlasting Home.

Thank you so much for reading. Of the truth our Songs of Victory has started already.

Are you desiring for Divine Healing from God, Day 2 is the Day for you.

... Find your way to the Gathering of Victors by Km 46, Lagos Ibadan Expressway to sing Songs of Victory for your Divine Healings.

God bless you as you attend!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Roman Catholic: Pope Francis Calls For Change In ‘the Lord’s Prayer’ / How Should Christians View The Israeli-palestinian Situation? / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(sun. 31/12/2017) Your Location Matters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.