Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,457 members, 7,954,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:22 AM

Why Do We Choose To Employ Indians As Expatriates - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Do We Choose To Employ Indians As Expatriates (1576 Views)

Zee Bello: UBA Set To Employ Lady Who Monitored The Construction Of Kubwa Branch / Vacancy: Ibom Air Set To Employ 4000 Akwa Ibomites / FG Set To Employ 300,000 Graduates For 2nd Phase Of N-power Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Choose To Employ Indians As Expatriates by gonkin(m): 12:42pm On Dec 05, 2017
Ok let me get straight to the point. I have worked for some companies and i have also seen a company with a bright game to gain fall and never recover and this happens when Indians are in. I used to work for a bitumen company but i had to leave to finish my hnd. All was good before i left there weren't any Indians at least the only 2 i could find in the company was a senior accountant at hq and a tracker thats smoke like a car with worn out rings. All other expatriate were Belgium, South Africa and Korea with some Senegalese. The thing is that all other Expatriates were hard working and inspiring but the indians were not. Almost 2 yrs after i left for hnd the company employed more indians cuz the other foreigners left after permit of tasks has finished. There were so many indians. In less than 1 year the company started dropping nigerian workers and the company was so cold. I remembered i was called to fix a computer becos their IT expert that was also an indian putting on studs on each ear tagged the computer as damaged and to be replaced. A common hp pavilion dv6000. So some other nigerian supervisor that wait for another pc to arrive from hq called for me cuz it takes a month for pc to be replaced. So i just did my own analysis and discovered its ram. Got fundz and replaced it and the pc fired up fine.
But the indian expert jealous of his failure reported me as the one that damaged it in the first place.
Although many of the indians have been replaced by nigerians and the company is recovering.
So i wanna ask
Is it that Indian are badluck to a company?
If yes, why do firms still take them in?
Also i know Indians are really good in knowledge but thoses i have met are not so bright.

Please share ur views. I may be wrong
Re: Why Do We Choose To Employ Indians As Expatriates by KingRabota: 12:57pm On Dec 05, 2017
All the Indians I have come across professional have been spectacular and worthy of the reputation
Sorry for your experiences probably you met an exception not a rule

4 Likes

Re: Why Do We Choose To Employ Indians As Expatriates by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2017
cheap and very good/hardworking at what they do (for the majority)

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Choose To Employ Indians As Expatriates by toprealman: 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2017
The Indians buy up businesses and as expected bring in their brothers to run the show with them.
Until we start investing in industrialization, I see no end to this trend.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Choose To Employ Indians As Expatriates by Akexstinger(m): 11:22am On Dec 06, 2017
The Indians don't know a jack man. They are only good at doctoring and forging.
The reason why people prefer to recruit Indians over nigerias is because of loyalty and respect for contract binding. Once you bring in a Nigerian man to come work for you, the next minutes he starts looking for another job with a bigger pay than what you both agreed, not even minding the length of service he has rendered, he will leave you for the new job and get you stranded but if you recruit an Indian man,n provided you meet your own side of the contract, he will fulfill his own and work for you inline with the binding contract.
The Indians are more corrupt than Nigerians, most of them forge certificates and documents and thrive on lies.
The usual saying that they "indians" are better and effective managers na pure lies
jare. Most indians coys don't have structures or systems, they only have structures or systems on papers. They keep managing a company and allow unseen wastages to occur such that when proper audit is conducted, a lot of loopholes will be discovered or revealed.
If the road from A to B is a straight line, an Indian man will take different Ziz-Zag routes from A to get to B thereby incurring wastage, loss oftime,material, and human resources .
Reason why ignorant people see them as effective managers is because of poor welfare and salary system for their workers which people see it as cost saving which is wrong. They do this because they can't manage plant/production effectively thereby leading to losses, so they use poor welfare provision for workers to augment or compliment.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Choose To Employ Indians As Expatriates by oshdam2015: 1:44pm On Dec 06, 2017
I'm afraid but, this is wrong. Indians are known for their intelligence and hardworking attributes. When it comes to technical task, give it to them. Even in financial reporting. Maybe they are not good at managing people and resources. That, I don't know.

But take it or leave it, Indians are usually intelligent.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Choose To Employ Indians As Expatriates by ammyluv2002(f): 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2017
Akexstinger:
The Indians don't know a jack man. They are only good at doctoring and forging.
The reason why people prefer to recruit Indians over nigerias is because of loyalty and respect for contract binding. Once you bring in a Nigerian man to come work for you, the next minutes he starts looking for another job with a bigger pay than what you both agreed, not even minding the length of service he has rendered, he will leave you for the new job and get you stranded but if you recruit an Indian man,n provided you meet your own side of the contract, he will fulfill his own and work for you inline with the binding contract.
The Indians are more corrupt than Nigerians, most of them forge certificates and documents and thrive on lies.
The usual saying that they "indians" are better and effective managers na pure lies
jare. Most indians coys don't have structures or systems, they only have structures or systems on papers. They keep managing a company and allow unseen wastages to occur such that when proper audit is conducted, a lot of loopholes will be discovered or revealed.
If the road from A to B is a straight line, an Indian man will take different Ziz-Zag routes from A to get to B thereby incurring wastage, loss oftime,material, and human resources .
Reason why ignorant people see them as effective managers is because of poor welfare and salary system for their workers which people see it as cost saving which is wrong. They do this because they can't manage plant/production effectively thereby leading to losses, so they use poor welfare provision for workers to augment or compliment.

I totally agree with you. They are very faithful to their jobs though.....they can work from 8am-8pm without getting tired.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Choose To Employ Indians As Expatriates by Akexstinger(m): 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2017
ammyluv2002:

I totally agree with you. They are very faithful to their jobs though.....they can work from 8am-8pm without getting tired.
Yeah! But most of them do complain silently. Just that this their social Stratification system (Caste system) does not allow them to complain against their senior ones or those who belong to the higher class.
Also they take a lot of tobaccos and drug substances to enable them work from 8am to God knows when.
Indians don't have a life.
Re: Why Do We Choose To Employ Indians As Expatriates by ammyluv2002(f): 4:06pm On Dec 06, 2017
Akexstinger:

Yeah! But most of them do complain silently. Just that this their social Stratification system (Caste system) does not allow them to complain against their senior ones or those who belong to the higher class.
Also they take a lot of tobaccos and drug substances to enable them work from 8am to God knows when.
Indians don't have a life.

Yeah and I think, it's a general thing. Most Nigerians outside the country are married to their jobs. They work all round the clock....expatriates literally don't have a life anywhere in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Choose To Employ Indians As Expatriates by Akexstinger(m): 7:34pm On Dec 06, 2017
ammyluv2002:

Yeah and I think, it's a general thing. Most Nigerians outside the country are married to their jobs. They work all round the clock....expatriates literally don't have a life anywhere in the world.

Simple truth. Nice one
Re: Why Do We Choose To Employ Indians As Expatriates by dingbang(m): 7:09am On Dec 17, 2017
I don't like indians angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Choose To Employ Indians As Expatriates by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 17, 2017
dingbang:
I don't like indians angry

Why?? angry angry
Re: Why Do We Choose To Employ Indians As Expatriates by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 17, 2017
Weak labor laws and corruption. I have seen an Indian fresh graduate work as an expat.
Re: Why Do We Choose To Employ Indians As Expatriates by dingbang(m): 7:21pm On Dec 17, 2017
Iamdazzle:

Why?? angry angry
cuz they are racists... sad angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Choose To Employ Indians As Expatriates by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 18, 2017
dingbang:
cuz they are racists... sad angry

Funny but I recently just became friends with one who appears to be pretty cool and tells me people are the same everywhere no matter their tribe/origin and that its just personality that distinguishes. I think he is right though.
Re: Why Do We Choose To Employ Indians As Expatriates by Akexstinger(m): 6:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
I hate Indians with strong passion. Their workplace discrimination is to much. The hatred alone has moved from just workplace even to their movies and anything that has to do with Indians.
Our government and regulatory agencies are responsible for this mess. Blame custom, immigration, Ministry of Labour, NCDMB for failing to do their jobs.
Re: Why Do We Choose To Employ Indians As Expatriates by QuinModah(f): 6:17pm On Aug 24
cheesy
Re: Why Do We Choose To Employ Indians As Expatriates by agabusta: 7:32pm On Aug 24
MrBrownJay1:
cheap and very good/hardworking at what they do (for the majority)

They are hardworking, do not have entitlement mentality and relatively more honest than our Naija people.

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Intern Recruitment At British High Commission. N135, 419 Per Month Pay / IF You Stay In Lekki, Ikate, Jakande Kindly Read / UAC Of Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment (6 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.