Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,597 members, 7,820,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

SARS: Senate Ad-hoc Committee On Security Reform To Investigate Human Rights Abu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SARS: Senate Ad-hoc Committee On Security Reform To Investigate Human Rights Abu (357 Views)

Kemi Adeosun, Zainab Ahmed To Appear Before House Committee on Public Accounts / Obaseki’s Security Reform: Operation ‘Wabaizigan’ Begins Deployment Of Personnel / Senate Moves To Investigate Human Right Abuses, Extra-judicial Killings Of IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SARS: Senate Ad-hoc Committee On Security Reform To Investigate Human Rights Abu by ridwanomooba: 1:43pm On Dec 05, 2017
https://twitter.com/SPNigeria/status/938009261740843008

SARS: Senate Ad-Hoc Committee on Security Reform to Investigate Human Rights Abuses

The 8th Senate has directed its Ad-hoc Committee, which was inaugurated to holistically review Nigeria’s security infrastructure for better performance, to investigate the issue of human rights abuses by officers of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Nigerian Police.

The Committee has been mandated to look into allegation of the human rights abuses raised by the general public, make relevant recommendations, and include it in its final report.

Speaking on the Point of Order raised by Senator Isa Hamman Misau, the President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki said: “We have already set up a Ad-hoc committee to look at the security infrastructure in the country and I think its appropriate that we send these recommendations to them for further consideration.

“The Inspector General himself is reviewing the structure and I think it is clear that there is something wrong going on that needs urgent attention.I advice the Committee on security to take action to quickly find a solution to this problem because it is happening all around our constituencies and we must respond to the needs of our people,” he said.

Re: SARS: Senate Ad-hoc Committee On Security Reform To Investigate Human Rights Abu by madridguy(m): 1:46pm On Dec 05, 2017
It is high time Nigeria Government dissolve SARS and this time around it should be permanent.
Re: SARS: Senate Ad-hoc Committee On Security Reform To Investigate Human Rights Abu by Gisthoodng(m): 1:49pm On Dec 05, 2017
Sounds.....

Re: SARS: Senate Ad-hoc Committee On Security Reform To Investigate Human Rights Abu by Airforce1(m): 1:50pm On Dec 05, 2017
Very good
Re: SARS: Senate Ad-hoc Committee On Security Reform To Investigate Human Rights Abu by emmie14: 1:57pm On Dec 05, 2017
Abolition is the best. SARS are not friendly. Very unnecessarily strict. Temperate and impatient . Shabbily dressed and dirty. I nearly fainted the first time I met SARS thinking they are armed robbers. To hell with them.

(1) (Reply)

Abia Non-Indigene Workers Still Suffering 5yrs After They Were Booted Out / Atiku’s Return To PDP And Intrigues Ahead Of 2019 / War And Slavery Inevitable, If, Nothing Is Done Now!!! Continued...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.