Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,331 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. (1423 Views)

How I Was Duped Yesterday! Nairalanders Please Help / Here's How You Can Retrieve Your Money After Being Duped By Online Fraudsters / US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by BamBella(m): 5:18pm On Dec 05, 2017
On friday last week which happened to be a public holiday and also the first day of December, my girlfriend was scammed the sum of 107,000 Naira by fraudsters.

How it happened.
On her way to work on that fateful day, she decided to stop at the bank to get some money from the ATM in order to buy a few things in the market when coming back. She was about leaving the bank premises after withdrawing the sum of 10,000 naira when a young man in his early 30's approached her, the man asked her if she knew a certain Alhaji. He claimed the Alhaji was a very rich man who sells and buy diamonds from people, my girlfriend then told the man to ask the bank security man being that she was in a haste to get to work.

As the man left to go ask the security man, another person(a lady this time) approached my girlfriend, she told my girlfriend that the man that came to ask for directions from her earlier has a diamond worth over 20 Million naira in his possession and that if he's not well guided, the diamond might be stolen from him. I don't know how she did it but she was able to convince my girlfriend to follow her so that they can go show the man the way to the Alhaji's house, unknowingly to my girlfriend, the lady was the man's accomplice.

That was how my girlfriend boarded a taxi with them in a bid to go look for the fictitious Alhaji, it was why they were on their way they collected my girlfriend's phone, her bank ATM cards, the 10,000 Naira cash with her and her necklace. After collecting everything from her, they dropped her and drove off. It was at that moment that my girlfriend came back to her senses.

She immediately rushed back to the bank to go tell the security man what had happened and to see if there was a way to block the fraudsters from accessing her account through her ATM card. Note that it was a public holiday and as such there were no workers in the bank that day except the security man. But before the security could call the bank customer care to report the problem, they've already emptied her account of her savings. In total, all they stole from her was 107,000 Naira plus her phone and necklace. I've been consoling her since Friday as she won't just stop crying cry.

I decided to share this just to let you all know the new techniques these fraudsters are using to defraud unsuspecting victims of their hard earned money. Let everyone be careful this period.

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
OAM4J
Fynestboi
Re: How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by AntiWailer: 5:20pm On Dec 05, 2017
N.a. wa for your girlfriend sha.
Re: How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by billynoni(m): 5:21pm On Dec 05, 2017
WOW! Don't know people still fall for the same scam.Why can't the other lady take the man to the said alhaji alone since she already knew the man has the 20 million diamond with him,but made it known to your girlfriend?

Oga i'm sorry but your girlfriend had greediness issue coz that technique only work on greedy people,they just played that trick on her by diverting her to the said "20 million Diamond"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by eezeribe(m): 5:26pm On Dec 05, 2017
Nigerians(including you;from the comments you made below) must look for a way to blame your girlfriend(the victim) and hail the fraudsters....
That's why even our security agents like SARS are now celebrated fraudsters....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by BamBella(m): 5:27pm On Dec 05, 2017
AntiWailer:
N.a. wa for your girlfriend sha.

I don't know whether to say she was naive or under a spell. But whatever the case, I'm sure she has learnt her lessons the hard way cry
Re: How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by MissJoy29(f): 5:32pm On Dec 05, 2017
So sad! sad
You & your girlfriend should take heart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by BamBella(m): 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2017
billynoni:
WOW! Don't know people still fall for the same scam.Why can't the other lady take the man to the said alhaji alone since she alreay knew the man has the 20 diamond with him,but made it known to your girlfriend?

Oga i'm sorry but your girlfriend had greediness issue coz that technique only work on greedy people,they just played that trick on her by diverting her to the said "20 million Diamond"

You may not be far from the truth. But I'm sure she must have learnt her lessons now. It's painful though cry
Re: How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by BamBella(m): 5:37pm On Dec 05, 2017
eezeribe:
Nigerians must look for a way to blame your girlfriend(the victim) and hail the fraudsters....
Sorry for the misfortune....

Thank you bro.

It is not unusual for some people to find a way to blame the victims of a particular incident.
Re: How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by billynoni(m): 5:37pm On Dec 05, 2017
BamBella:

You may not be far from the truth. But I'm sure she must have learnt her lessons now. It's painful though cry
I'm sorry for the loss,she should just take heart and try to move on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by sinaj(f): 5:40pm On Dec 05, 2017
This is their season.

Whenever I enter a taxi nd I see 2 people talking about changing their dollars or start blowing their trumpet to get my attention, I'll just get down from the taxi.

I'm so sorry about your money op, dnt worry you will get another one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by BamBella(m): 7:04pm On Dec 05, 2017
Lalasticla
Seun
Mynd44
OAM4J

Please put this on front page so that others can learn.
Re: How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by bright007(f): 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2017
@OP ...abet talk true

This thing happened to you and not any girlfriend
Re: How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by BamBella(m): 2:06am On Dec 06, 2017
bright007:
@OP ...abet talk true

This thing happened to you and not any girlfriend

Why would I lie about that?
I don't pray it happens to me anyway.
Re: How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by yormite20(m): 7:24am On Dec 06, 2017
I was also coming from d bank, I stoped a taxi Wich is coming my way and enter. We are four including me, 2 men, and a woman. The game start after 30secs in d taxi. The woman sat at the back with me. She ask d driver to stop and she also got a load at the back. Immediately d driver shouted on her that she's telling lie, that d load doesn't belong to her. D driver started giving glory to God saying she actually caught a thief. He told us his going to report d woman in their garage after he drop is passager. I was thinking In my mind saying this woman don suffer. The woman narrate her story saying, I work for a ahlaji in kaduna who change currency, the money belong to his boss who she stole from him. For mind I don dey happy say God don bless me today. The driver immediately stops the car and wanted to go bring the money from d booth. The woman told her that there is a charm on the money saying who torches it is died. OMG my mind pick immediately say how come dis charm don't work on her before she took d money. But I didn't asked her. SMH, the woman plan to give us 2000$ each and we agreed only if we help her on the solution to remove the charm. The other at the front pleaded on her behalf saying we should help her, they even ask me if am interested in helping her I said YES, BUT 4 my mind NA NO, I started thinking of the money or to go out. I followed them to a building where no one live except one baba. We plan inside the car that we should say the charm is on a land that we need something to remove it. Getting there the baba told we lied saying the charm is on a money. We plead and my told us this charm has affect all our money including the one at home. We are asked to drop all our money and our ATM. Smh . They ask for my password which I told the d wrong one. To cut the story short, 8500 and my mobile phone was collected. My ATM was return to me saying the gods as Freed me. They give 200 to go and bring 20000 for the sercrifice to remove the charm I later went I tried the ATM 4 nearby which I got a report that ( you can't use this ATM only after 24hrs or contact ur bank) meaning dey don try my password for today. I just dey cry anytime I remember. But thank dey didn't kidnap me I'm alive today giving glory to GOD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by BamBella(m): 8:32am On Dec 06, 2017
yormite20:
I was also coming from d bank, I stoped a taxi Wich is coming my way and enter. We are four including me, 2 men, and a woman. The game start after 30secs in d taxi. The woman sat at the back with me. She ask d driver to stop and she also got a load at the back. Immediately d driver shouted on her that she's telling lie, that d load doesn't belong to her. D driver started giving glory to God saying she actually caught a thief. He told us his going to report d woman in their garage after he drop is passager. I was thinking In my mind saying this woman don suffer. The woman narrate her story saying, I work for a ahlaji in kaduna who change currency, the money belong to his boss who she stole from him. For mind I don dey happy say God don bless me today. The driver immediately stops the car and wanted to go bring the money from d booth. The woman told her that there is a charm on the money saying who torches it is died. OMG my mind pick immediately say how come dis charm don't work on her before she took d money. But I didn't asked her. SMH, the woman plan to give us 2000$ each and we agreed only if we help her on the solution to remove the charm. The other at the front pleaded on her behalf saying we should help her, they even ask me if am interested in helping her I said YES, BUT 4 my mind NA NO, I started thinking of the money or to go out. I followed them to a building where no one live except one baba. We plan inside the car that we should say the charm is on a land that we need something to remove it. Getting there the baba told we lied saying the charm is on a money. We plead and my told us this charm has affect all our money including the one at home. We are asked to drop all our money and our ATM. Smh . They ask for my password which I told the d wrong one. To cut the story short, 8500 and my mobile phone was collected. My ATM was return to me saying the gods as Freed me. They give 200 to go and bring 20000 for the sercrifice to remove the charm I later went I tried the ATM 4 nearby which I got a report that ( you can't use this ATM only after 24hrs or contact ur bank) meaning dey don try my password for today. I just dey cry anytime I remember. But thank dey didn't kidnap me I'm alive today giving glory to GOD.

Thank God for your life bro. I'm sure you've since learnt your lessons too.
Re: How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by 2shure: 4:53pm On Dec 06, 2017
its a normal format
if its not money wash wash
its asking for directions to supply a container of non existing goods.
like laptops.gold
this that.
chemical to wash money.
i carry a safety knife and God epp me i get called by them.
i go follow them all.then stab them all in the neck.
kick them out of a moving vehicle.
stab the driver till he dies
then i jump out of the car.
i got zero mercy for bad guys
im more hardened dan sars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by charles101(m): 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2017
It’s rather unfortunate to see that this age long scam still works. Sometimes it catches in on the greed of the victim; while sometimes it’s “Vodoo” at work (Juju/jazz) that would compel the victim to do as they say and sometimes it’s just mere pity trying to help out the “estranged” Alhaji or foreigner. Bottom line, Be careful! Don’t be quick to offer help or even give audience to such people.

Cos if na Jazz and you sef no dey secured ( either jazz mode or God Mode). You will fall for it.
Re: How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by ewizard1: 7:14pm On Dec 06, 2017
Na wa ooo

There's a new one used in stealing phones. People should please be alert!

Still looking to nab a man with his number!!!
Re: How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by emmanuel1990(m): 7:49pm On Dec 06, 2017
BamBella:
On friday last week which happened to be a public holiday and also the first day of December, my girlfriend was scammed the sum of 107,000 Naira by fraudsters.

How it happened.
On her way to work on that fateful day, she decided to stop at the bank to get some money from the ATM in order to buy a few things in the market when coming back. She was about leaving the bank premises after withdrawing the sum of 10,000 naira when a young man in his early 30's approached her, the man asked her if she knew a certain Alhaji. He claimed the Alhaji was a very rich man who sells and buy diamonds from people, my girlfriend then told the man to ask the bank security man being that she was in a haste to get to work.

As the man left to go ask the security man, another person(a lady this time) approached my girlfriend, she told my girlfriend that the man that came to ask for directions from her earlier has a diamond worth over 20 Million naira in his possession and that if he's not well guided, the diamond might be stolen from him. I don't know how she did it but she was able to convince my girlfriend to follow her so that they can go show the man the way to the Alhaji's house, unknowingly to my girlfriend, the lady was the man's accomplice.

That was how my girlfriend boarded a taxi with them in a bid to go look for the fictitious Alhaji, it was why they were on their way they collected my girlfriend's phone, her bank ATM cards, the 10,000 Naira cash with her and her necklace. After collecting everything from her, they dropped her and drove off. It was at that moment that my girlfriend came back to her senses.

She immediately rushed back to the bank to go tell the security man what had happened and to see if there was a way to block the fraudsters from accessing her account through her ATM card. Note that it was a public holiday and as such there were no workers in the bank that day except the security man. But before the security could call the bank customer care to report the problem, they've already emptied her account of her savings. In total, all they stole from her was 107,000 Naira plus her phone and necklace. I've been consoling her since Friday as she won't just stop crying cry.

I decided to share this just to let you all know the new techniques these fraudsters are using to defraud unsuspecting victims of their hard earned money. Let everyone be careful this period.

Lalasticla
Seun
Mynd44
OAM4J

op so sorry for ur girl friend, bt truth be told she,was greedy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by BamBella(m): 1:46pm On Dec 07, 2017
emmanuel1990:
op so sorry for ur girl friend, bt truth be told she,was greedy.

Thank you man. It could be she was greedy as you've said.

Lalasticla
Seun
Mynd44
OAM4J
Re: How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by emmanuel1990(m): 2:04pm On Dec 07, 2017
BamBella:

Thank you man. It could be she was greedy as you've said.

Lalasticla
Seun
Mynd44
OAM4J
when i newly came to Abj they normally come to me with the same story, so will even start to speak french jst to deceive u, i will jst allow them to finish, and once they are done i will then start my own preaching to them, and b4 u know it they would apologize and disappear...

there was one faithful day that i went to Garki marget to buy some items, on my way coming out, one man met me and asked me if i knew a particular place and i said no, he quikly asked another lady and she said yes, immediately the lady start telling me how the man brought some gold, ipad and daimond...

to cut the story short i told them that i had 2 million naira at home, bt i am waiting for someone to come and pick me because i don't have transfer anymore..

they quikly paid for me to go and bring the money.. me wey no get 10k for where i go see the 2 million...

lastly, ur girl has never heard stories about them b4 bt greed is usually the major cause, i don't reap where i did nt sow..

2 Likes

Re: How My Girlfriend Was Duped By Fraudsters. by BamBella(m): 9:53pm On Mar 18, 2018
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove.

Help push the threathread to front page so that others can learn. Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Please Is There Any Legit Babalawo On Nairaland, Help Needed / UBA House In Victoria Island On Fire - Unconfirmed Report / Young Lady Suffers Serious Injuries After Her Friend Used Blade To Disfigure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.