Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,094 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Terrible Customer Service From Jumia- My Experience - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Terrible Customer Service From Jumia- My Experience (1826 Views)

Is It Advisable To Purchase Laptops From Jumia? / Customer Service Desk: An Easy Access For Hackers To Exploit Your Organization / Please Who Has Bought This TV From Jumia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrible Customer Service From Jumia- My Experience by DrObum(m): 7:52pm On Dec 05, 2017
Hi all,
Recently, I read the lamentations of a nairalander who bought a phone that was shipped globally by Jumia. Of course, the phone had no warranty and got bad after a lil while and some people on that thread blamed him for that and totally exonerated Jumia.

Well, let me thrill/bore you with mine. About 2 weeks ago, I bought a HP laptop 255 G6 E2-9000e AMD FreeDOS with order number 339218172 from Jumia. This was delivered to me in Benin here.
I was very busy around the time that it was delivered and didn't get to use it much, so I lost the golden opportunity to return the crap Jumia delivered to me as a laptop.

I installed windows 10 on it. It wouldn't fail to give me a blue screen of death with an error message video_tdr_failure and restart itself. I have tried all prescribed solutions to that, both online and from computer gurus and I took it for repairs to a software engineer who also tried all software solutions but to no avail. He thinks that the hard drive could be culpable.

I didn't see why I would buy a laptop just about 2 weeks ago and have to spend money on repairs already. Mind you, this laptop has a 1yr warranty on Jumia.
So, I filled an online contact card and also called Jumia customer care.

Now to my chagrin, Jumia said they don't know a HP service centre around Benin where they delivered the laptop and promised to get back to me. That promise I still await as I type as it's like our wait for the return of the messiah.

Now, my worries are;
- why would Jumia allow sale of crappy goods on it's site without service centres to cater for customer's needs?
Do they think business ends with just the delivery of purchased goods?

- if all Jumia HP service centres are in Lagos, should they not state it on their website to warn potential buyers who don't reside in Lagos?

- why would the customer care of Jumia give a concerned client a time that they would get back to one, conveniently fail and not feel bothered about it?

Well, I'll continue my wait for them and keep you posted. We must say no to crappy services from these online retailers.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, Tosyne2much,
Re: Terrible Customer Service From Jumia- My Experience by UzomaFC: 9:29am On Dec 06, 2017
Bros better tell them that U re going to CPC to report them if they keep wasting time.
I wrote to them a stinker about a suit my sis bought n they refused to collect saying they hv a policy. I let them knw that I knw my right n told them that am going to sue them n they immediately asked I return the item.

I hv wondered y they ll be selling inferior products n worst is those global stuff, they re the worst.
Re: Terrible Customer Service From Jumia- My Experience by rikimarucrowdk(m): 9:32am On Dec 06, 2017
I read your story and whilst I can feel your pain, I don't think you can just exonerate yourself. Even the best products have recalls and defects. You have a duty to ensure you follow the rules and I don't think you did.

I was very busy around the time that it was delivered and didn't get to use it much, so I lost the golden opportunity to return the crap Jumia delivered to me as a laptop. There is no excuse for not inspection your purchase, and trying it out, knowing that it has a limited returns timeline. I check everything I buy and I don't buy some things online sef, like Air conditioners etc because it's not something you can check instantly

I installed windows 10 on it. It wouldn't fail to give me a blue screen of death with an error message video_tdr_failure and restart itself. I have tried all prescribed solutions to that, both online and from computer gurus and I took it for repairs to a software engineer who also tried all software solutions but to no avail. He thinks that the hard drive could be culpable. Usually a blue screen failure is not a hard drive issue but the memory. I am not an IT person but from small experience... I may be wrong. You should not have taken the laptop to a software engineer because, when you take it to HP eventually, you have voided the warranty if the Engineer opened it or damaged any seals

Now to my chagrin, Jumia said they don't know a HP service centre around Benin where they delivered the laptop and promised to get back to me. That promise I still await as I type as it's like our wait for the return of the messiah. I don't think a service center is the duty of the Seller. That is for the manufacturer to provide. I buy stuff from Amazon, products that don't even have service centers in Nigeria. That's buyer's choice. Apple only just began to spread in Nigeria, in the late 2000s and I am sure they don't have any authorised center in Benin but una dey use APPLE

Now, my worries are;
- why would Jumia allow sale of crappy goods on it's site without service centres to cater for customer's needs?
Do they think business ends with just the delivery of purchased goods? No company has service centers in every corner of the world, not in the least services that require workshop. I can list so many products, some of which you use that they don't even have a service center in Nigeria. Is it the seller you blame for that?

What I will suggest to you is contact Jumia and let them assist in transmitting the device to HP in Warri or perhaps Lagos and Back to you. I believe they owe you that duty. Just pray to God the software engineer has not tampered with the warranty and you are back to square one.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Terrible Customer Service From Jumia- My Experience by femarse: 9:07pm On Dec 06, 2017
I once bought a brand new laptop from jumia freedos Intel inside very good product battery still serve me 4 hours compare to the 8hours when I newly bought it and still using it till this date

I bought it in 2014 but that was also when those mad people are still trying to gain Nigeria trust I follow it up with a phone it was delivered and everything in excellent condition then a memory carda and a power bank the following year
the memory card and power bank til today did not work it was the last time I click on the buy button I only go there to check for price of things so I know what to expect in the physical market
Re: Terrible Customer Service From Jumia- My Experience by Ayemileto(m): 6:55am On Dec 07, 2017
DrObum:

I installed windows 10 on it.
It wouldn't fail to give me a blue screen of death with an error message video_tdr_failure and restart itself. I have tried all prescribed solutions to that, both online and from computer gurus and I took it for repairs to a software engineer who also tried all software solutions but to no avail. He thinks that the hard drive could be culpable.

Well, I don't think you can exonorate yourself as someone stated.

All new System come with a pre-,installed OS, which to the best of my Knowledge is the most compatible with the System, what happen to the pre-installed OS?

An original window 10 OS cost $199, while the fake cost #300 Naira, which one did you buy? grin

Usually, A blue screen of death can be caused by conflicting drivers, and you can have non compatible drivers when you upgrade your system from a lower windows version to window 10, or perform a clean install.

Well, since your system runs an AMD processor, Download AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 (Check first if your processor is listed among the supported processor), its about 300MB, then download the AMD clean uninstall tool.

Once you download both, run the Uninstall tool to Uninstall all previous drivers on your PC, restart if necessary, then run the AMD catalyst driver.

If your system still gives you problem after that, let's know.

If your product is not supported by the Catalyst drivers, find one that supports it on AMD website.

N/B: AMD Crimson is an update to Catalyst, but I think Catalyst is better especially on Windows 10.

If I'm Jumia, I won't accept the system again for removing the Original Follow Come OS.
Re: Terrible Customer Service From Jumia- My Experience by DrObum(m): 12:36pm On Dec 07, 2017
Ayemileto:

All new System come with a pre-,installed OS, which to the best of my Knowledge is the most compatible with the System, what happen to the pre-installed OS?

An original window 10 OS cost $199, while the fake cost #300 Naira, which one did you buy? grin

Usually, A blue screen of death can be caused by conflicting drivers, and you can have non compatible drivers when you upgrade your system from a lower windows version to window 10, or perform a clean install.

Well, since your system runs an AMD processor, Download AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 (Check first if your processor is listed among the supported processor), its about 300MB, then download the AMD clean uninstall tool.

Once you download both, run the Uninstall tool to Uninstall all previous drivers on your PC, restart if necessary, then run the AMD catalyst driver.

If your product is not supported by the Catalyst drivers, find one that supports it on AMD website.

N/B: AMD Crimson is an update to Catalyst, but I think Catalyst is better especially on Windows 10.

If I'm Jumia, I won't accept the system again for removing the Original Follow Come OS.
Ii came as a FREEDOS bro.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Terrible Customer Service From Jumia- My Experience by gboyetade: 5:10am On Sep 13, 2020
Are you sure that all system have preinstalled OS?
Ayemileto:

Re: Terrible Customer Service From Jumia- My Experience by Ayemileto(m): 12:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
gboyetade:
Are you sure that all system have preinstalled OS?

No, not all is pre installed.

But if no OS is installed, there's usually a disk containing original OS in the package.

They call it "disk operating system" (DOS).

Meanwhile that comment is from 2017.

(1) (Reply)

HP Elitebook 8470p For Sale / Quickbooks Network And Database Security Problem / Whao! This Is The Cheapest Internet Access Here In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.