Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,538 members, 7,816,309 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

My Fear About The #Endsars Campaign - Biafranbushboy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Fear About The #Endsars Campaign - Biafranbushboy (639 Views)

Breaking: IGP Bows #endsars, Orders Immediate Re-organization Of SARS / ‘SARS Doing Fantastically Well’ — Police Kick Against #endsars Campaign / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To #EndSARS Campaign On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fear About The #Endsars Campaign - Biafranbushboy by BiafranBushBoy: 8:06pm On Dec 05, 2017
If you have watched the popular movie that aired in the 90’s titled the “Please Come Back 2 (Issakaba)”, featuring Sam Dede, then you will have an idea of where my post is heading to.

I grew up in a dense suburb of Enugu called Abakpa, so I have seen the bad, good, and ugly side of the streets. I grew up in a place where gunshots seemed like a normal thing, as long as you weren’t hit.

It was a place where someone pointed a gun at you, just to snatch your bathroom slippers from your legs. Every day you breathe was a blessing, and you needed to thank God for that.

Killings, stealings, cult battles, and rape were part of the daily lives of people living there. You will be robbed just because of you both a new pair of sandals for your children who just resumed school. Every night was hell, to the extent that people scampered for safety just because they saw someone else running – reason might be unknown. But it was better to run and ask questions later, than being a victim.

Till the introduction of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, people were killed just for the fun of it.

If you grew up in such a tensed and crime driven environment, then you would be confused whether to join the #EndSars campaign or not. I have seen people get shot while shooting, and I perceive that similar people would also have the same story to tell.

What happens when the only fear of street hoodlums (SARS) disappears?

What would happen to the ones that have been disengaged from SARS service without compensated duly?

What would happen to the ones that would that disengagement from service means going back to the streets?

It is okay for the rich ones now to tweet #EndSARs, but what about you the commoner who lives and mingle with the streets?

I know a lot of people have been harassed by the useless officers in the SARS unit, but does it call for the total scrapping of the unit?

I have been harassed by them too; but trust me, it would be better to be a SARS victim than to be a crime victim.
We have a hard choice to make now between the two devils facing us. I support the total restructuring of the SARS organization. As for the total scrapping – I will never support that.

I now live in a place far away from there, but what about those who still stay there? Are we being so selfish to neglect them?

Someone asked, “What is the job of the police”, and I respond

“We are in Nigeria, and a police dog is better than most policemen”

I have seen SARS men face criminals head-on. Not just once or twice.

I will end by saying this; “Most of the good news you hear about police winning gun battles against criminals, it wasn’t done by the common policemen you see around. The SARS officers did it.”

We have a tough decision to make between the two devils facing us. I am sure we will be comfortable with the lesser devil.

Just like the movie I quoted “Please come back”, I hope we don’t beg the SARS people to come back after they have been scrapped.

This is my opinion.

Thanks.

lalasticlala, mynd44, seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fear About The #Endsars Campaign - Biafranbushboy by hayPizzle(m): 8:09pm On Dec 05, 2017
hmmm,,, nawa oo
Re: My Fear About The #Endsars Campaign - Biafranbushboy by BiafranBushBoy: 8:12pm On Dec 05, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: My Fear About The #Endsars Campaign - Biafranbushboy by Samusu(m): 8:21pm On Dec 05, 2017
Hmmm, let's toast a coin
Re: My Fear About The #Endsars Campaign - Biafranbushboy by Modelqwen(f): 8:26pm On Dec 05, 2017
shocked

Op u have a point there but we Nigerians have a way of abusing everything especially men on
uniform.

They need to b strictly regulated & cautioned,
than disengaging them.. that would breed
more hoodlums, cultism & more especially
unemployment..

SARS is better than Nig police... nig police
is just a disappointment.
Re: My Fear About The #Endsars Campaign - Biafranbushboy by yanshDoctor: 9:02pm On Dec 05, 2017
i think everybody just labeled any police officers sars. not all of them belong to the sars units. especially the once using commercial bus.

i was coming out from Slyke bank one day. when a police officer approached me. he flash his ID and said i'm detective from state CID.

how may i help you? he said i should settle him otherwise he will arrest me. i gave him 2k he refuse he said its 30k. can you imagine 30k just like that?

i told him i'm coming let me collect money inside the bank. i went straight to the supervisor office and complain. the supervisor went to the manager office and report the matter.

the manager told me to go show him the man. as we all came out the officer was still standing there. then i point at him. the manager then ask him why he was harassing me. could you believe that he denied everything. he said he never disturbed me. instantly the bank manager called the commissioner of police and the investigation shows that the police guarding the bank are involved. they are the ones alerting and giving the guy information why he just hang around.

if they see fresh young guy they pass the info to the guy outside.

the worst part of it is that the guy is not from state CID. he is a local police officer from one station but claiming detective from state CID.

the bank manager requested for a new police to guard the bank.

my take is that many of the police harassing people not all belong to the special anti robbery units.

many of them are inspectors and their boys. and they remit proceeds to the DPO.

1 Like

Re: My Fear About The #Endsars Campaign - Biafranbushboy by DOUBLEWAHALA: 9:11pm On Dec 05, 2017
me read that thing make amadioha take my life
Re: My Fear About The #Endsars Campaign - Biafranbushboy by KardinalZik(m): 9:15pm On Dec 05, 2017
Op, did you just say it's better to be a victim of SARS than be a victim of crime?

Isn't it better to die in the hand of an enemy than be killed by someone who hypocritically pretends to protect you?
Re: My Fear About The #Endsars Campaign - Biafranbushboy by babyfaceafrica: 9:37pm On Dec 05, 2017
Stories that touch the heart
Re: My Fear About The #Endsars Campaign - Biafranbushboy by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 05, 2017
Op, you wrote that "It is better to be a SARS victim than a crime victim"... well, what most persons encountered with SARS is CRIME.

The IG has a job to do apropos SARS overstepping its boundary.

1 Like

Re: My Fear About The #Endsars Campaign - Biafranbushboy by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 05, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
If you have watched the popular movie that aired in the 90’s titled the “Please Come Back 2 (Issakaba)”, featuring Sam Dede, then you will have an idea of where my post is heading to.

I grew up in a dense suburb of Enugu called Abakpa, so I have seen the bad, good, and ugly side of the streets. I grew up in a place where gunshots seemed like a normal thing, as long as you weren’t hit.

It was a place where someone pointed a gun at you, just to snatch your bathroom slippers from your legs. Every day you breathe was a blessing, and you needed to thank God for that.

Killings, stealings, cult battles, and rape were part of the daily lives of people living there. You will be robbed just because of you both a new pair of sandals for your children who just resumed school. Every night was hell, to the extent that people scampered for safety just because they saw someone else running – reason might be unknown. But it was better to run and ask questions later, than being a victim.

Till the introduction of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, people were killed just for the fun of it.

If you grew up in such a tensed and crime driven environment, then you would be confused whether to join the #EndSars campaign or not. I have seen people get shot while shooting, and I perceive that similar people would also have the same story to tell.

What happens when the only fear of street hoodlums (SARS) disappears?

What would happen to the ones that have been disengaged from SARS service without compensated duly?

What would happen to the ones that would that disengagement from service means going back to the streets?

It is okay for the rich ones now to tweet #EndSARs, but what about you the commoner who lives and mingle with the streets?

I know a lot of people have been harassed by the useless officers in the SARS unit, but does it call for the total scrapping of the unit?

I have been harassed by them too; but trust me, it would be better to be a SARS victim than to be a crime victim.
We have a hard choice to make now between the two devils facing us. I support the total restructuring of the SARS organization. As for the total scrapping – I will never support that.

I now live in a place far away from there, but what about those who still stay there? Are we being so selfish to neglect them?

Someone asked, “What is the job of the police”, and I respond

“We are in Nigeria, and a police dog is better than most policemen”

I have seen SARS men face criminals head-on. Not just once or twice.

I will end by saying this; “Most of the good news you hear about police winning gun battles against criminals, it wasn’t done by the common policemen you see around. The SARS officers did it.”

We have a tough decision to make between the two devils facing us. I am sure we will be comfortable with the lesser devil.

Just like the movie I quoted “Please come back”, I hope we don’t beg the SARS people to come back after they have been scrapped.

This is my opinion.

Thanks.

lalasticlala, mynd44, seun

Next time learn how to type reasonable rubbish.......

Am moving this straight to dustbin.
Re: My Fear About The #Endsars Campaign - Biafranbushboy by MaziOmenuko: 10:03pm On Dec 05, 2017
Why are u guys being willfully ignorant? The men of SARS are police men so there is no way they will lose their jobs. Scrapping SARS will see them being reintegrated into the police force and not loosing their job.

Again, crime fighting is the primary function of the police so scrapping SARS does not mean that crime fighting will cease.

SARS is just a duplication of functions and a free role for some questionable elements to harass, intmidate and extort innocent people.

2 Likes

Re: My Fear About The #Endsars Campaign - Biafranbushboy by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:07pm On Dec 05, 2017
You are right to some extent, but I don't think reorientation, reorganization or restructuring will work on Nigeria's uniformed men because they've been stereotyped that once you are wielding a gun you are above the law or that if they commit a crime the arm of the law won't catch up with them..

Back then(8years ago) my friend was shot dead by the police(officer from Inland town police Onitsha), what was his crime? His don't want the policeman to take his bike away(ladies machine), the said police man told him no to drag the bike with him again or he will shoot him(he's inside the street not along the road mind you). Brothers and sisters, the policeman shot him at close range on the head leaving his brain spilled on the road, they immediately ran away with their truck, the guy's junior brother and elderly father went to the police station to make a report the incident they got locked up.

Though they were released late night that day, they policeman (shooter) got locked up the next day but to their utmost surprise the next time they visited, the guy has been released or transferred because he's no longer in the cell and the young man that was killed was buried months later with N120,000 police gave to the family.

What am i trying to say, whether you restructure, reorganise our uniformed men will still be what they are. NPF/SARS is a disgrace to disgrace itself.

(1) (Reply)

RIP : Nigerian Lady Returning From South Africa Dies Aboard Emirates Airlines / [VIDEO] Melaye Appears In Controversial Music Video With Kachikwu's Son - Watch / Proposed Workers’ Pay Rise Not Captured In 2018 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.