Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,505 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Dormant Account Charged: Why Should The Customer Pay For Accumulated Charges - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dormant Account Charged: Why Should The Customer Pay For Accumulated Charges (473 Views)

CBN Dormant Account Policy Triggers Anxiety In Banking Sector / CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances / FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dormant Account Charged: Why Should The Customer Pay For Accumulated Charges by uvalued(m): 7:50am On Dec 06, 2017
Forum, is it proper and legal for a bank whose account you once used and not using anymore but have not closed it, to be charged as a dormant account?

Is it not part of a bank policy to consider its customers by either calling or sms-ing them to find out if they are still interested in using the dormant account or not.

And if not, they should simply close the account after following due process, just like the phone network once you are not using the sim, they deactivate and re -assign it to someone else.

what do you think?

seun lalastica help me
Re: Dormant Account Charged: Why Should The Customer Pay For Accumulated Charges by uvalued(m): 5:26pm On Dec 06, 2017
ex Corpers are you still using the accounts you opened 2,3,5,10 years after the mandatory NYSC?

if you are not then help confirm if its dormant and if there are any charges on the account and kindly share.
Re: Dormant Account Charged: Why Should The Customer Pay For Accumulated Charges by dominique(f): 5:32pm On Dec 06, 2017
Which bank asked you to pay accumulated charges on a dormant account? When I wanted to reopen my dormant account some years back, all they asked of me was to fill a form and deposit some cash.
Re: Dormant Account Charged: Why Should The Customer Pay For Accumulated Charges by uvalued(m): 1:09am On Dec 08, 2017
dominique:
Which bank asked you to pay accumulated charges on a dormant account? When I wanted to reopen my dormant account some years back, all they asked of me was to fill a form and deposit some cash.

UBA was the bank that told me I had accumulated charges on my dormant account and that I must deposits 10k before I can even close it

(1) (Reply)

Make Cool Dollars On Topbuzz (free Premium Video Turto) / How To Make Money Online Part Time 2018(new Method) / Nigeria To Grow By 2.1% This Year, Imf Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.