Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,547 members, 7,955,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:00 PM

Venting Wednesday (clients And Their Palaver) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Venting Wednesday (clients And Their Palaver) (376 Views)

Agreement And Commission Palaver / Diary Of Fabrication & Installation Of Our HDF Doors And Cabinets For Clients / Land Use Charge Palaver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Venting Wednesday (clients And Their Palaver) by propzncribz: 11:38am On Dec 06, 2017
As a real estate agent, I get to meet a lot of different people with different characters on a daily. But there seems to be a trend especially among clients looking for houses most commonly self contained. These clients will curse agents, be rude, talk down on agents and waste the agents time and energy. They believe that because the agent is not employed in a firm, a bank or whatever company, he/she is desperate to make money.

Working as a self employed real estate agent gives me the freedom to wake up when I want, work on days I feel like working and rest on days I don't feel like working and I still earn a very decent amount. Some months I make over a million and some months, I make around 100k. But at the end of the year, take home annually is over 3 million which is good for someone who works for himself. Most clients don't make such amount yet they have the audacity to act the way they act to agents. A lady once asked me why am I doing these job and that it's for people that didn't go to school or low lives. I had to tell her that she has a boss at work and I don't and I love my freedom and power I have working for myself not to talk about the money making part sef.

Anyway so recently I changed my strategy at work and it didn't go down well with clients. Some clients will s book appointment for them and come two hours later expecting me to wait for them for two hours like say I don't have other things to do. Even if I don't have other clients to see for that day, i will not wait for a client for two hours sitting in the car well except they want to buy a house in Banana Island, then I can give them an exception because obviously the pay cheque would be worth it. But such clients who delay are the broke ones looking for the cheapest chicken in the market. A client looking for an expensive house has the exposure to know that an appointment is an appointment. The most they will delay is 10 mins which is bearable.

Some clients will call randomly and expect you the agent to leave everything you are doing to come to them like they are the only ones patronising the agent. I have even had clients call me at 11pm to come out to show them houses at that hour but that's another story.

So anyway, yesterday I ha this client call me about an advert I posted one of these real estste website. I have a policy of collecting a consultation fee before I work with clients who want selfcons or miniflats because they are the ones who waste time. Sometimes I ask for the fee from clients who want bigger houses but it depends on their manner or approach. So I told this client about the fee and gave reasons but she got rude. Maybe because she's an actress she think I will lick her feet. I won't go into much details but read the screen shot of the conversation and see for yourself. I would call her client 2

Another client, I will call client 1 wanted me to come out at 7 am to show her more houses after I had shown her over 10 houses for free. During one of the inspection, she was having a discussion with another agent I work with and she said money is not everything and bla bla. My mind travelled that ehn ehn, so when if time to pay for agency fee, you will tell me that money no important. I told I don't work at 7 am and I resume work at 10am and she didn't bother replying me. I mean I'm a boss on my own and I won't come out at that time even if it's banana Island or Eko Atlantic they want to buy and who does that sef.

Anyway this is Wednesday and I'm just venting.

Re: Venting Wednesday (clients And Their Palaver) by 4Ken: 11:46am On Dec 06, 2017
Lol your father, is that how to talk to your customers?
Re: Venting Wednesday (clients And Their Palaver) by propzncribz: 2:34pm On Dec 06, 2017
4ken, do you blame me

(1) (Reply)

3plot Of Land With A Storey Building@ Ijora Olopa(2385sqMetres)See pics! / Duplex To Let In Orazi Port Harcourt (federal Light) / Need You Guys Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.