Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Should Atiku Be President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Atiku Be President (1003 Views)

Should Atiku Still Continue With The Courts OR Should He Form A Parallel Govt / Buhari Advises Atiku: Be Cautious Of Those Who Scammed Jonathan / Buhari's WAEC: Should Atiku Also Travel To America, To Disprove Naysayers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Atiku Be President by RELAN2446(m): 1:23pm On Dec 06, 2017
I have contended strenously with the traffic of questions on Atiku’s quest to become the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I have struggled to x-ray the man - Atiku Abubakar and while I have not concluded he is worthy of being Nigeria’s next President, I have not found anything against him that disqualifies him from running.

I have also closely followed media comments on Atiku who has been accused of corruption by heavily enriching himself during his days in the Nigeria Customs Service and as the Vice President under Chief Olusegun Obasanjo.

He has also be accused of political jumpology, moving from one party to the other thereby adjudged to be losing his political relevance and displaying desperation to grab power at all costs.

I have strenuously asked myself that by the true definition of corruption, who among our current crop of politicians is not corrupt and who among them have not changed political platforms either because of strategic reasons or personal interests. The answer is obviously NONE. I make bold to also say I am also a victim of cross-carpeting.

In 2014, I was amazed to hear Atiku publicly pronounce that he is Nigeria’s highest private employer of labour and till date no one even the Bureau of Statistics has challenged or refuted this claim. I am therefore forced to accept it as a statement of fact. Atiku may be corrupt but I would rather a corrupt politician who has invested the proceeds of his corrupt activities to generate employment and add value to the nation’s GDP.

We hear Obasanjo says that Atiku shall never be President. Is he God? Obasanjo may have tried in his contribution to nation building as a privileged President, but I lost respect for him when towards the end of his tenure he commenced the devilish campaign to perpetuate himself in power with the third term bid. Atiku was one of the major instrumentalists to quashing that plan, one of the reasons why Obasanjo will never forgive and support Atiku. This singular effort of Atiku then, earned him my sympathy and respect even though it was agreed such same efforts were geared towards achieving his personal gain of pursuing his ambition.

I personally stand for a youthful and responsible leadership for our dear country but unfortunately I have come to the rude conclusion that it is almost impracticable to have one in 2019 that would be less than 60 years given the time frame and the enormous resources that would be required to prosecute this project. This is one very devastating reality given that most Nigerian youths are still not prepared or convinced they can take charge of top leadership roles. We still seem contented with the Special Assistant and Personal Assistant positions that come without portfolios, whereas we have the numerical strength and intellectual capacities to seek and claim the highest positions in the land.

I hear Atiku is hinging his current campaigns on youth inclusiveness and empowerment. Has he realised the strength of the youths? Does he just want to use the youth slogan to achieve his Presidential dream? Either way we must take advantage of the opportunities that clearly beckon on us for relevant participation in governance, if we cannot take over governance in its entirety. If he is sincere in this regard we need to start watching him closely and/or get him to make reasonable percentage affirmative commitments.

As 2019 draws close more contenders would appear in the political scene, irrespective of the platform and there lies the great need for us to closely examine them and engage them on their manifestos and plans. These are not the best times for our country and we have an opportunity to change its fortunes and redirect our efforts to making Nigeria great again. It would annoy God if after all these natural and human resources he has blessed Nigeria with, we are unable to properly manage and coordinate them.

My name is Adeogun Olanrewaju, a patriotic Nigerian who wants a better Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Atiku Be President by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 06, 2017
Stop supporting mediocrity and economic recession

RELAN2446:
I have contended strenously with the traffic of questions on Atiku’s quest to become the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I have struggled to x-ray the man - Atiku Abubakar and while I have not concluded he is worthy of being Nigeria’s next President, I have not found anything against him that disqualifies him from running.

I have also closely followed media comments on Atiku who has been accused of corruption by heavily enriching himself during his days in the Nigeria Customs Service and as the Vice President under Chief Olusegun Obasanjo.

He has also be accused of political jumpology, moving from one party to the other thereby adjudged to be losing his political relevance and displaying desperation to grab power at all costs.

I have strenuously asked myself that by the true definition of corruption, who among our current crop of politicians is not corrupt and who among them have not changed political platforms either because of strategic reasons or personal interests. The answer is obviously NONE. I make bold to also say I am also a victim of cross-carpeting.

In 2014, I was amazed to hear Atiku publicly pronounce that he is Nigeria’s highest private employer of labour and till date no one even the Bureau of Statistics has challenged or refuted this claim. I am therefore forced to accept it as a statement of fact. Atiku may be corrupt but I would rather a corrupt politician who has invested the proceeds of his corrupt activities to generate employment and add value to the nation’s GDP.

We hear Obasanjo says that Atiku shall never be President. Is he God? Obasanjo may have tried in his contribution to nation building as a privileged President, but I lost respect for him when towards the end of his tenure he commenced the devilish campaign to perpetuate himself in power with the third term bid. Atiku was one of the major instrumentalists to quashing that plan, one of the reasons why Obasanjo will never forgive and support Atiku. This singular effort of Atiku then, earned him my sympathy and respect even though it was agreed such same efforts were geared towards achieving his personal gain of pursuing his ambition.

I personally stand for a youthful and responsible leadership for our dear country but unfortunately I have come to the rude conclusion that it is almost impracticable to have one in 2019 that would be less than 60 years given the time frame and the enormous resources that would be required to prosecute this project. This is one very devastating reality given that most Nigerian youths are still not prepared or convinced they can take charge of top leadership roles. We still seem contented with the Special Assistant and Personal Assistant positions that come without portfolios, whereas we have the numerical strength and intellectual capacities to seek and claim the highest positions in the land.

I hear Atiku is hinging his current campaigns on youth inclusiveness and empowerment. Has he realised the strength of the youths? Does he just want to use the youth slogan to achieve his Presidential dream? Either way we must take advantage of the opportunities that clearly beckon on us for relevant participation in governance, if we cannot take over governance in its entirety. If he is sincere in this regard we need to start watching him closely and/or get him to make reasonable percentage affirmative commitments.

As 2019 draws close more contenders would appear in the political scene, irrespective of the platform and there lies the great need for us to closely examine them and engage them on their manifestos and plans. These are not the best times for our country and we have an opportunity to change its fortunes and redirect our efforts to making Nigeria great again. It would annoy God if after all these natural and human resources he has blessed Nigeria with, we are unable to properly manage and coordinate them.

2 Likes

Re: Should Atiku Be President by SalamRushdie: 1:27pm On Dec 06, 2017
We dont know if Atiku should be president but we know Buhari has to go

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Atiku Be President by anibirelawal(m): 1:29pm On Dec 06, 2017
NO ONE IS PERFECT.... NOBODY KNOWS TOMORROW...
Re: Should Atiku Be President by Jochabed(f): 1:29pm On Dec 06, 2017
Atiku can't be president!! Its not in God's agenda for him.
Re: Should Atiku Be President by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 1:30pm On Dec 06, 2017
Do you have a better option ?
Atiku is far ahead of Buhari in every respect.

4 Likes

Re: Should Atiku Be President by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 06, 2017
Jochabed:
Atiku can't be president!! Its not in God's agenda for him.
Stop putting words in God's mouth

2 Likes

Re: Should Atiku Be President by Jochabed(f): 1:37pm On Dec 06, 2017
imhotep:
Stop putting words in God's mouth
If ur a christian u will know.
Re: Should Atiku Be President by Jirate(m): 1:37pm On Dec 06, 2017
SalamRushdie:
We dont know if Atiku should be president but we know Buhari has to go

He Must Go......

2 Likes

Re: Should Atiku Be President by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 06, 2017
Jochabed:
If ur a christian u will know.
So God wants fuel scarcity, horrible exchange rate, economic recession, hunger, sickness and ignorance for Nigerians grin

1 Like

Re: Should Atiku Be President by Jochabed(f): 1:42pm On Dec 06, 2017
imhotep:

So God wants fuel scarcity, horrible exchange rate, economic recession, hunger, sickness and ignorance for Nigerians grin
do u even understand my point?
Re: Should Atiku Be President by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 06, 2017
Jochabed:
do u even understand my point?
Explain your point further let me hear
Re: Should Atiku Be President by Jochabed(f): 1:50pm On Dec 06, 2017
imhotep:
Explain your point further let me hear
No p! we shall see come 2019!
Re: Should Atiku Be President by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 06, 2017
Jochabed:
No p! we shall see come 2019!
You obviously are benefiting from APC ineptitude grin

4 Likes

Re: Should Atiku Be President by Jochabed(f): 1:54pm On Dec 06, 2017
imhotep:

You obviously are benefiting from APC ineptitude grin
lol...Not at all, i don't even like the APC
Re: Should Atiku Be President by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 06, 2017
Jochabed:
lol...Not at all, i don't even like the APC
But u are enjoying the economic recession and suffering

2 Likes

Re: Should Atiku Be President by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 06, 2017

Typical Afonja claiming patriotic Nigerian. Useless hypocrite...if you are that patriotic go and join the Army and be posted to Sabisa to fight for Nigeria you love so much. Hypocrite...patriotic indeed my azz. You are only patriotic because of Niger Delta oil money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Atiku Be President by Jochabed(f): 2:03pm On Dec 06, 2017
imhotep:

But u are enjoying the economic recession and suffering
What!!!! haha i don't. Mind u Atiku just left the APC weeks ago,so the APC blood still runs in him.
Re: Should Atiku Be President by Jesusloveyou: 2:04pm On Dec 06, 2017
What a foolish question
Re: Should Atiku Be President by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 06, 2017
Jochabed:
What!!!! haha i don't. Mind u Atiku just left the APC weeks ago,so the APC blood still runs in him.
Yes he at least LEFT the yeye party of mediocre politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Should Atiku Be President by Jochabed(f): 2:09pm On Dec 06, 2017
imhotep:
Yes he at least LEFT the yeye party of mediocre politicians.
ok o
Re: Should Atiku Be President by PresidentAtiku(m): 2:12pm On Dec 06, 2017
Give me a chance

2 Likes

Re: Should Atiku Be President by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 06, 2017
BUBU must GO.. cheesy

this one go sweet pass Ghana must g. grin

1 Like

Re: Should Atiku Be President by Yyeske(m): 3:27pm On Dec 06, 2017
Yes Atiku can be a president, president to the bittered IPOB miscreants
Re: Should Atiku Be President by PresidentAtiku(m): 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2017
Yyeske:
Yes Atiku can be a president, president to the bittered IPOB miscreants
Expired and stale lines... Nigeria needs to progress and not drawn backwards as seen in the last 3 years
Re: Should Atiku Be President by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 06, 2017
You can have Atiku as your nairaland or twitter president, but the Nigerian presidency come 2019 is for Buhari/Osibanjo. Keep on Atikulating
Re: Should Atiku Be President by Yyeske(m): 4:45pm On Dec 06, 2017
PresidentAtiku:
Expired and stale lines... Nigeria needs to progress and not drawn backwards as seen in the last 3 years
Go vote him na
Re: Should Atiku Be President by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 06, 2017
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Should Atiku Be President by Olumaeme: 7:29pm On Dec 06, 2017
Am 100% for Atiku, but even if he won't get it, Buhari should not even snell that sit, he's a disaster

(1) (Reply)

CNN Interviews A Nairalander Who Is The Chairman Of The Igbo Youth Forum / Am I A Coward? / You Can Now Be Sentenced To British Prison In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.