Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,747 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible (1816 Views)

South African Pilot Makes Emergency Landing After Discovery Of Deadly Cobra / Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) / Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Famoustemmy(m): 7:24am On Dec 07, 2017
Earth is the only planet in our solar system that can sustain life. But do you know that there are many places on Earth that are not suitable to live? Or you can say that your life is in danger at these places. The reason they are uninhabitable can be the natural state or the unpleasant thing humans have done. There are some places that you should never visit. Being infested with deadly snakes to becoming extremely toxic due to mining, we compiled a list of 10 places which are extremely uninhabitable to survive.

1. Ilha da Queimada Grande

Have you heard about the Snake Island? Yes, there is a place which is filled with the extremely poisonous golden lancehead pit viper with one snake per square meter. This Island has isolated 11,000 years ago from Brazilian mainland because of the rising of sea level. The snakes were trapped there because of the rising water. The total area of the island is 110-acres and almost 4,000 snakes live in that area. According to a report, 90% of snake bite deaths in Brazil happened because of these snakes.The public can not visit this island.

Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Famoustemmy(m): 7:29am On Dec 07, 2017
2. Iron Mountain Mine, California

Most of the acidic waters on the planet is because of the Iron Mountain Mine. It is also known as the Richmond Mine. This mine is famous for iron, silver, gold, copper, zinc, and pyrite mining from the 1860s until 1963. It is in northern California. Mountain copper company established a 4,400-acre mine at the site in 1890’s. It was known to be largest copper mine in California in the 1900s. The underlying minerals were exposed with water, rainwater, oxygen they combined to create a poisonous runoff when they drilled into the rock the Twenty cavities the size of office buildings .This unrestrained mining shattered the mountains.

A robot was sent by NASA to this mountain and that machine just disappears. The water is so acidic that it could dissolve fabrics and burn skin, so imagined how a person can survive there.

Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Famoustemmy(m): 7:33am On Dec 07, 2017
3. Big Major Cay, Bahamas

There is an Island that is filled with wild pigs. It is known as the Big Major Cay, people also called it as Pig Beach. It is said that the pigs might have been dropped on the island by a group of sailors who wanted to come back and cook them. But those sailors never returned. According to a legend, the pigs were survivors of a shipwreck and managed to swim to the island. People think that it is strange, pigs living on an island. Because pigs do not like the heat from the sun but these pigs at Big Major Cay gladly risk the tropical Bahaman sun to greet tourists. In 2001, it was the first time when they appeared there.

Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Famoustemmy(m): 7:36am On Dec 07, 2017
4.Antipodes Islands, New Zealand

You cannot bear the climate of this island. The extremely cold and fast blowing winds make this island uninhabitable. The speed of the wind varies from 30 km/hr to 40 km/hr. The Antipodes are a group of volcanic islands located south of New Zealand. The location of this island is important as it is the mating ground for thousands of marine mammals and millions of seabirds. The islands are known for numerous shipwrecks and deaths. People were unable to survive even though supplies were left there in castaway huts.
It is home to high-density mice. It is believed that they have been introduced from a shipwreck. The ecosystem is destroyed by these mice. A campaign was launched in 2012 known as “Million Dollar Mouse” to raise funds for an eradication program.

Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by zephry(m): 7:36am On Dec 07, 2017
following
Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by kunlesufyan(m): 7:38am On Dec 07, 2017
Okay
Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 07, 2017
Itamaya ...ibadan

1 Like

Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Famoustemmy(m): 7:43am On Dec 07, 2017
5. Danakil Desert, Ethiopia

It is known to be “the cruellest place on Earth” by National Geographic. Why? Because it is dotted with active lava beds, sulphurous hot springs, and salt lakes making it one of the harshest places to live. There is no rainfall, the rainfall per year is 100 to 200 mm which is lowest on the planet. Its temperature rises to as high as 145 degrees Fahrenheit. It is a home for few Afar people and relies heavily on the salt present in the desert for their livelihood.

Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by hatchy(f): 7:43am On Dec 07, 2017
Please add Nigeria to your list because Fulani herdsmen and their kinsman in power called Buhari have made Nigeria a place human cannot live and survive.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Famoustemmy(m): 7:46am On Dec 07, 2017
6. Centralia, Pennsylvania.

In 2013, it is estimated that only seven people live there because the air of this town is poisonous. It is a near-ghost town that’s been burning for half a century and almost 1000 people used to live there. It started with a fire intentionally set to burn out a landfill but the problem was that the landfill was also an old strip-mine pit connected to underground mining tunnels full of coal. The fire spread across the town but the federal government in between 1985 and 1991 relocate residents and businesses.Do you know that there is enough coal underneath to keep the fire burning for another 250 years?

1 Like

Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Lekison(m): 7:47am On Dec 07, 2017
waiting and chilling
Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Famoustemmy(m): 7:49am On Dec 07, 2017
7.The Death Valley, California.

I hope you have heard about the Death Valley before. It is one of the hottest places on Earth. It temperatures go high up to 130 degrees. The temperature is so hot that it can easily cause death.So imagine how a person can survive in such hot temperature. The Valley’s Badwater Basin is 282 feet below sea level. The water is undrinkable. There are vast fields of wildflowers, lush oases harbour tiny fish and refuge for wildlife.

Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by wahles(m): 7:50am On Dec 07, 2017
Wow wow wow
Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Famoustemmy(m): 7:50am On Dec 07, 2017
8.Wittenoom, Western Australia.

Wittenoom was a former site of a major blue asbestos mine. Wittenoom provided blue asbestos in Australia for almost 30 years. It was shut down when the found a link between asbestos and mesothelioma, a type of cancer, and other deadly diseases. Many families migrated from there when the mine was shut down. When they got know about the entire town had been contaminated by asbestos, Government of Australia made moves to relocate the remaining townspeople, starting in 1978.Now there are only three residents who call Wittenoom their home as of 2017.

Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Evablizin(f): 7:54am On Dec 07, 2017
cheesy
Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by FamousFela(m): 8:22am On Dec 07, 2017
What have I done to be awarded with a ban by nairaland moderators?
Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by FamousFela(m): 8:23am On Dec 07, 2017
I don't want to keep you guys waiting that's why I created another account so I can finish this topic. I don't like half job. Keep your finger crossed. Its famoustemmy
Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by FamousFela(m): 8:29am On Dec 07, 2017
8.Wittenoom, Western Australia.

Wittenoom was a former site of a major blue asbestos mine. Wittenoom provided blue asbestos in Australia for almost 30 years. It was shut down when the found a link between asbestos and mesothelioma, a type of cancer, and other deadly diseases. Many families migrated from there when the mine was shut down. When they got know about the entire town had been contaminated by asbestos, Government of Australia made moves to relocate the remaining townspeople, starting in 1978.Now there are only three residents who call Wittenoom their home as of 2017.

Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 07, 2017
Famoustemmy:
5. Danakil Desert, Ethiopia

It is known to be “the cruellest place on Earth” by National Geographic. Why? Because it is dotted with active lava beds, sulphurous hot springs, and salt lakes making it one of the harshest places to live. There is no rainfall, the rainfall per year is 100 to 200 mm which is lowest on the planet. Its temperature rises to as high as 145 degrees Fahrenheit. It is a home for few Afar people and relies heavily on the salt present in the desert for their livelihood.
It's the hottest place on Earth by the way.
Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Famoustemmy(m): 11:10am On Dec 07, 2017
Please, you guys should stop the report stuff. what have I done wrong to receive ban from my two account?
continue shortly.. thank to the mods for unbanning me..
Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Famoustemmy(m): 11:11am On Dec 07, 2017
cc. mynd44,

lalasticlala,

seun

justwise
move this to promise land
Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Cynate(f): 11:12am On Dec 07, 2017
Where is Chicago city?
It's easy to be Killed in Chicago than Syria or Iraq

3 Likes

Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Famoustemmy(m): 11:15am On Dec 07, 2017
9. Kabwe, Zambia.

It is known to be the world’s most toxic town according to pollution experts. Mass lead poisoning has damaged the brains and other organs of generations of children. The blood level is also very high of the children in Kabwe and it damages their brain, liver and hearing. Some were over 150 micrograms per decilitre, at which point death is the most likely outcome. A project was started in 2015 which is funded by Germany’s Terre des Hommes and delivered by Environment Africa and Pure Earth and their aim is to start cleaning up the first homes. They replaced the soils in their yards with the clean soil.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Famoustemmy(m): 11:19am On Dec 07, 2017
10.North Sentinel Island, Andaman Islands.

The Sentinelese are an uncontacted tribe living on North Sentinal Island, one of the Andaman Islands. They isolated the outside world. This island is known to be the most isolated island in the world. The Sentinelese tribes have been living on the island for more than 65,000 years. We don’t know about their language or how they speak or what they call themselves. Anyone who tried to approached the island, they attacked them.

Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Famoustemmy(m): 11:21am On Dec 07, 2017
Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by seunny4lif(m): 1:01pm On Dec 07, 2017
Cynate:
Where is Chicago city?
It's easy to be Killed in Chicago than Syria or Iraq
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by mrbillz(m): 1:44pm On Dec 07, 2017
Some people would still prefer to jet outta Nigeria to dwell in the aforementioned places. Nigeria as a country should be on that list angry
Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Digriz(m): 5:22pm On Dec 07, 2017
mrbillz:
Some people would still prefer to jet outta Nigeria to dwell in the aforementioned places. Nigeria as a country should be on that list angry
i tell u,give nigerians free visa and you see them occupied those places.
Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Famoustemmy(m): 6:09pm On Dec 07, 2017
we Nigerians are just to desperate to have everything in a day.. mynd44
Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Julius1351(m): 3:22pm On Dec 10, 2017
Nice update.. Mynd44 did should go to FP
Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by Ty207: 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2017
interesting
Re: 10 Deadly Places Where The Survival Of Man-kind Is Extremely Impossible by FamousFela(m): 12:17am On Jan 05, 2018
Nice

(1) (Reply)

Hong Kong, Anyone Please! / Marriage With A Foreigner / Are They Nigerian In Czech Republic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.