Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,937 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Glo And Their Petty Theft - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo And Their Petty Theft (823 Views)

Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number / Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious / MTN, Glo And 9mobile Lost 512,315 Subscribers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo And Their Petty Theft by BaddieKay(f): 9:13am On Dec 07, 2017
Good morning guys.. I really didn't want to do this but i think i have to call out glo.i won't even talk about the magical mb they sell and how it vanishes but when they start stealing from my account, then i won't be quiet.

This isn't the first time money disappears from my account balance.i had about 1500# on my phone, i subscribed for 1k sometime last week only to check my account balance on monday to see 330# left instead of 500#. I called their stupid customer care and they told me i subscribed for a service which i didn't get notification for to know what services i subbed for and low long it would last. So she couldn't refund my money back but rather asked i send stop to 2442 which i did.So you're clear, i never make calls with my glo sim, its strickly for data subscription, i woke up this morning and tried to top up to buy another data subscription only to find out that another #100 has been deducted from my account even after i opted out from the full DND. So how will Glo keep stealing from me in the name of services i never asked for or even know when i subscribed to it...

It might seem like its a small amount of money but really they need to stop this petty thief..i will respect myself and not talk about their fake 4gb for 1k today
Re: Glo And Their Petty Theft by DivinelyBlessed: 9:24am On Dec 07, 2017
BaddieKay:
Good morning guys.. I really didn't want to do this but i think i have to call out glo.i won't even talk about the magical mb they sell and how it vanishes but when they start stealing from my account, then i won't be quiet.

This isn't the first time money disappears from my account balance.i had about 1500# on my phone, i subscribed for 1k sometime last week only to check my account balance on monday to see 330# left instead of 500#. I called their stupid customer care and they told me i subscribed for a service which i didn't get notification for to know what services i subbed for and low long it would last. So she couldn't refund my money back but rather asked i send stop to 2442 which i did.So you're clear, i never make calls with my glo sim, its strickly for data subscription, i woke up this morning and tried to top up to buy another data subscription only to find out that another #100 has been deducted from my account even after i opted out from the full DND. So how will Glo keep stealing from me in the name of services i never asked for or even know when i subscribed to it...

It might seem like its a small amount of money but really they need to stop this petty thief..i will respect myself and not talk about their fake 4gb for 1k today

You are absolutely correct. They steal money buy using various tricks. Call their customer center they start telling you one annoying story.

Wait... what do you mean fake 4gb for 1k
Re: Glo And Their Petty Theft by Bevista: 9:28am On Dec 07, 2017
I had a similar experience where #200 was deducted from my account. I called their Customer Care and was told I subscribed for callertunez. Now, I've never subscribed to that nonsense, EVER! I asked if they force subscription on their customers and they claimed I must have somehow subscribed to it. They refused to confirm when and how I did the subscription.
---
Now, I was so pissed, not because of the #200, but because I felt this was daylight robbery. I imagined them doing this to a lot of their subscribers and getting away with such fraud. We are talking about potentially 100s of millions here. So, what did I do - I picked my phone and called NCC help line and laid my complain to the CS lady. She asked if I was absolutely certain I did not subscribe for the said callertunez and I told her I hate callertunez and have never subscribed ever. She gave me a ticket number for reference.
---
Within 24 hours, the criminals returned my #200.

3 Likes

Re: Glo And Their Petty Theft by Bevista: 9:39am On Dec 07, 2017
NCC complaint line - 622 (toll-free)
---
BTW, a friend of mine recently had an experience where he tried to pay for DSTV sub using his bank app. They deducted the money, but then the subscription wasn't up. He called DSTV and they said they hadn't received any payment from his bank. They told him to get the payment reference from the bank to help them track it.
---
He called his bank but they couldn't give him the transaction reference. After over 2 months of going back and forth, dude sent the bank a strongly worded email, copying the top echelon of the bank and CBN. He accused the bank of fraud and threatened to embarrass the bank and institute legal action if they don't refund his money within 48 hrs.
---
In less than 2 hrs after sending the mail, he received a credit alert notifying him of a reversal of the transaction.
---
Bottom line: We shouldn't always leave these matters to God or assume that we can't win. I'm not suggesting we will always win, but it's best to try!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo And Their Petty Theft by BaddieKay(f): 9:42am On Dec 07, 2017
Bevista:
I had a similar experience where #200 was deducted from my account. I called their Customer Care and was told I subscribed for callertunez. Now, I've never subscribed to that nonsense, EVER! I asked if they force subscription on their customers and they claimed I must have somehow subscribed to it. They refused to confirm when and how I did the subscription.
---
Now, I was so pissed, not because of the #200, but because I felt this was daylight robbery. I imagined them doing this to a lot of their subscribers and getting away with such fraud. We are talking about potentially 100s of millions here. So, what did I do - I picked my phone and called NCC help line and laid my complain to the CS lady. She asked if I was absolutely certain I did not subscribe for the said callertunez and I told her I hate callertunez and have never subscribed ever. She gave me a ticket number for reference.
---
Within 24 hours, the criminals returned my #200.

you're lucky to get yours back, i asked the silly customer care when and how i subscribed she said it might be when i was on a call and i clicked without knowing or when i pick those phoney calls they place with real numbers... The annoying part of the who thing is this subscriptions aren't like mtn that last a month and u get notification to stop them if you aren't interested. But glo's subscription last for days, 2days tops and they're digging into your credit again. Am tired of being quiet, i told the lady i wl call them out on social media if it happened again, and it did barely 3days after
Re: Glo And Their Petty Theft by Kyase(m): 9:46am On Dec 07, 2017
Bevista:
NCC complaint line - 622 (toll-free)
---
BTW, a friend of mine recently had an experience where he tried to pay for DSTV sub using his back app. They deducted the money, but then the subscription wasn't up. He called DSTV and they said they hadn't received any payment from his bank. They told him to get the payment reference from the bank to help them track it.
---
He called his bank but they couldn't give him the transaction reference. After over 2 months of going back and forth, dude sent the bank a strongly worded email, copying the top echelon of the bank and CBN. He accused the bank of fraud and threatened to embarrass the bank and institute legal action if they don't refund his money within 48 hrs.
---
In less than 2 hrs after sending the mail, he received a credit alert notifying him of a reversal of the transaction.
---
Bottom line: We shouldn't always leave these matters to God or assume that we can't win. I'm not suggesting we will always win, but it's best to try!
hahahaha grin
Re: Glo And Their Petty Theft by Bevista: 9:47am On Dec 07, 2017
BaddieKay:
You're lucky to get yours back, i asked the silly customer care when and how i subscribed she said it might be when i was on a call and i clicked without knowing or when i pick those phoney calls they place with real numbers... The annoying part of the who thing is this subscriptions aren't like mtn that last a month and u get notification to stop them if you aren't interested. But glo's subscription last for days, 2days tops and they're digging into your credit again. Am tired of being quiet, i told the lady i wl call them out on social media if it happened again, and it did barely 3days after
You should call the NCC complaint line I posted in my last comment. It's not about the #200 per se, but more about raising awareness of the subtle fraud these telecom companies (especially glo) are perpetrating.
Re: Glo And Their Petty Theft by BaddieKay(f): 9:59am On Dec 07, 2017
Bevista:
You should call the NCC complaint line I posted in my last comment. It's not about the #200 per se, but more about raising awareness of the subtle fraud these telecom companies (especially glo) are perpetrating.
i sure will, thanks
Re: Glo And Their Petty Theft by Jaculze(m): 1:28pm On Dec 07, 2017
Glo sometimes no De try. They've done such to me

(1) (Reply)

4 Tips To Capturing Amazing Shots With Your Smartphone Infinix Zero 5 / . / Help: What's The Current Price Of A New Tecno Spark Plus K9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.