Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? (10296 Views)

Worst Jamb Score Of 2022. Reward For Laziness � What Made Him Score So Low Will / 12 Wrong English Sentences And Phrases You Have Been Making In Ignorance / 13 Grammatical Mistakes That Instantly Reveal People's Ignorance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 10:50am On Dec 08, 2017
AdeniyiA:

...good point but dont you think acquiring knowledge is hardwork?

Depending if you are chasing what u love... If that knowledge is your passion, it would be so much fun.

Do what u lovevand u will never hv to wrk for a day in ur life.
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by frankfab(m): 10:58am On Dec 08, 2017
IGNORANCE is bliss
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 08, 2017
onemmanuel:
What is worse-- to be lazy or to be ignorant? Now, keep in mind that there are a buch of positives (capability to improve) and negatives for both. I'm curious to hear everyone's opinions!

Laziness is a virtue. Some type at least.
It makes you want to put in little effort to achieve greater reward. Speak of efficiency. Gone are the days when we were taught that raw hardwork was the secret to success... Right now smartwork helped by laziness is what makes you thrive. Hardwork tasks me to perform a million (e.g. computational) task a million times, while laziness makes me design a way to perform a single effort and achieve the accomplishment of a million task.

Laziness is beautiful while ignorance is a plague. Ignorance is actually just another form of laziness, the dangerous kind of laziness. The type that prevents you from opening your mind and learning new things.

1 Like

Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 08, 2017
ibedun:

I said answer after some critical thinking....... Can you please do that? Thanks.

ask google if you aren't satisfied with my answers.
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by labelle123(f): 2:06pm On Dec 08, 2017
Guyman02:
All suicide bombers are ignorant and not lazy, because you need strength to carry explosives rapped around your body or in a truck. Ignorants are a danger to the society while laziness is a state of mind which can be changed with a little push from the right people
on point

1 Like

Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Crixina(f): 3:56pm On Dec 08, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
Ignorance.
There is no greater misfortune....
An ignorant man who will toil from jan to december, from post to pole and not make any headway.. Untill someone pops out to help.

All it takes for a knowledgeable lazy guy to do is to turn up, show d hardworking dumbass what he is to do to get it right, and then collects his percentage without breaking a sweat.
Damn!
This is a completely different perspective.
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Crixina(f): 3:56pm On Dec 08, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
Ignorance.
There is no greater misfortune....
An ignorant man who will toil from jan to december, from post to pole and not make any headway.. Untill someone pops out to help.

All it takes for a knowledgeable lazy guy to do is to turn up, show d hardworking dumbass what he is to do to get it right, and then collects his percentage without breaking a sweat.
Damn!
This is a completely different perspective to it.
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 08, 2017
Some say that ignorance is a disease (I'm not quite sure what that means yet). Medically however, every disease must have a causative agent. Same thing applies in context of ignorance being a ''disease'' -- ignorance being one of those agents.

Laziness is a huge source of ignorance. Truly, a person who isn't lazy can also be ignorant, but this is essentially due to time factor in relation to the right source of knowledge which of course, is quite normal.

Some say that a lazy person can be knowledgeable; Well, except for a few basic knowledge which everyone should have in his field, and other important aspects of life, I'd say this is not completely true. It's like telling someone to acquire knowledge without passing through the necessary stages. Thus, hard work (mentally and physically) which is the opposite of laziness is very essential in breaking the walls of ignorance.

As the saying goes: you can lead a horse to the river, but you can't force it to drink water. In this case, it means that you can give a person a food for thought, but you can't force him to think or act on it.

So IMO, I'd say that there's essentially no difference between ignorance and laziness. But from a broad perspective, laziness is worse since it ultimately leads to ignorance. There're valid excuses for ignorance, but there surely isn't for laziness.
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Adeyemi0(m): 7:36pm On Dec 08, 2017
bettercreature:
Ignorance is bad! according to research lazy people are the most productive in history
85% percent of inventions were built by lazy people who are not ready to work there by looking for a way to go around nature without stress
Laziness is a sign of being very intelligent
I don't know what you understand by laziness. How can someone come up with an invention without going through mental stress. intelligence you say, is a work of brain and I hope that you'll agree with me that it's not a work of lazy brain.
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Adeyemi0(m): 7:45pm On Dec 08, 2017
LaEvilIMiss:

I doubt you have some basis for that statement. IGNORANCE is death to Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding.. A Yahoo-boy can be termed lazy but he is not ignorant.. he knows non-hardworking ways to make money.. an Ignorant Man is a complete fool who cannot make use of an opportunity be it laid on a platter or inherited
' A Yahoo boy can be termed lazy' that is a generalization, everyone knows that a Yahoo boy is hustler.
Everybody is ignorant of one area of knowledge or another. I can speak English-language and Yoruba but learning Arabic language from my student, I am also ignorant but not lazy.
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Adeyemi0(m): 7:48pm On Dec 08, 2017
onemmanuel:
why do you say so?
I believe that laziness breeds ignorant.
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 08, 2017
Adeyemi0:
' A Yahoo boy can be termed lazy' that is a generalization, everyone knows that a Yahoo boy is hustler.
Everybody is ignorant of one area of knowledge or another I can speak English-language and Yoruba but learning Arabic language from my student, I am also ignorant but not lazy.

Let me clarify further... the quality of being ignorant is not that you are unaware of knowledge/information.. it is the deliberate quality of being close-minded in the presence of available knowledge and information.. Many Nigerians are ignorant even when enough information exists to change their perspectives significantly. IGNORANCE IS A DISEASE of Knowing the Truth but choosing to ignore it for reasons best known to ignorant.

to summarize it.. which one would your rather be comfortable around.. Ignorant or Lazy folks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Adeyemi0(m): 8:02pm On Dec 08, 2017
La
[quote author=LaEvilIMiss
:

Let me clarify further... the quality of being ignorant is not that you are unaware of knowledge/information.. it is the deliberate quality of being close-minded in the presence of available knowledge and information.. Many Nigerians are ignorant even when enough information exists to change their perspectives significantly. IGNORANCE IS A DISEASE of Knowing the Truth but choosing to ignore it for reasons best known to ignorant.

to summarize it.. which one would your rather be comfortable around.. Ignorant or Lazy folks
[quote author=La
This is how Oxford Advance Learner Dictionary define it.."Lacking knowledge or awareness in general"
I don't know how you come about such assertion. perhaps you're also ignorant of the phenomenon of discourse.
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 11, 2017
Adeyemi0:
[quote author=La
This is how Oxford Advance Learner Dictionary define it.."Lacking knowledge or awareness in general"
I don't know how you come about such assertion. perhaps you're also ignorant of the phenomenon of discourse.

You can be damn anal aren't you.. but f'course you are aware there is such a phenomenon adjudged to be WILLFUL IGNORANCE.. at least I made myself sufficiently clear on that. IF you are going to look at things in either black or white, then I am afraid you have foreclosed on anything outside your bubble of knowledge and that is a sad travesty
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Adeyemi0(m): 10:05pm On Dec 11, 2017
[quote author=LaEvilIMiss post=63180598][/quote]you can't understand me either.. stay good.
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 11, 2017
Adeyemi0:
you can't understand me either.. stay good.

peace bro

1 Like

Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by jonesky080(m): 8:58am On Dec 12, 2017
don't be ignorant, try IJMB admission into 200 level without UTME

Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by bhankymyk(m): 2:14pm On Dec 12, 2017
Ignorance is the worse... Cous wat u don't knw can kill you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned / Futminna Pre-degree/remedial Form Still On Sale,hurry ! / What Seceondary School Did You Go To? (in Nigeria Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.