Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

How To Monetize Your Passion - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Monetize Your Passion (701 Views)

Why "Follow Your Passion Is Dangerous Advice. / What Is Your Passion? / Is It Your Passion Or You Are Doing This To Just Make A Living? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Monetize Your Passion by Obsteract: 1:10am On Dec 08, 2017
So many people have there own definition of passion! But in a simple sentence I will say passion is a strong feeling for something, a great enthusiasm for a particular thing.

We have different passions for something, sometimes this passion transcends to various sectors of life.

As an individual having a burning zeal for something is not enough! How do your passion affect your community?
How does it bring some dollars, pounds, euros and Naira to your pocket?

Do u know that balancing it will do you much good.

These are the few tips on how to monetize your passion.

1. What Do You Love to Do?

If you weren’t dealing with that crappy job every day, what would you be doing instead? Figure out which activities make you feel happy and alive—not dead inside, like I feel after a TV marathon.

Maybe you like to take pictures. Maybe you like writing. Perhaps a walk with your dog is your favorite time of day. Any activities you can dream of can be turned into a money-making venture.

If you’re still not sure, then take some classes. Try a few things out before making your choice. It could take years before you figure out what you love to do, but just keep experimenting. The alternative is that you never figure it out!

2. Do It For Free

Before charging people money, do what you love for free for quite a while. Doing the work without worrying about turning your passion into a business right away will help you hone your skills and build your confidence.

Take some baby steps. For example, if you’re thinking about a career in freelance writing, try blogging first. When you feel more comfortable, offer your services for free to a favorite website or local business.

Working for free will also allow you to determine if you actually like the work enough to parlay it into a job—if you won’t do it for free, you won’t enjoy doing it for money.

Using myself as a case study, as a civil engineer by profession, I have done so many designs and jobs for free. I do it because I want them to believe in my ability to deliver a quality job.

3. Combine Your Passion With Your Other Skills

Visit for more article on this subject and more.
www.obsteract..com.ng
Re: How To Monetize Your Passion by Val4Ibah: 3:44pm On Dec 11, 2017
Nice article though.
As I was surfing the net, I came across these cool ways of making money through blogging.

See the source here: http://www.weusenaira.com/make-money-online-blogging-great/#comment-440

You can check that out yourself, if you are considering making money from your blogs

Obsteract:

So many people have there own definition of passion! But in a simple sentence I will say passion is a strong feeling for something, a great enthusiasm for a particular thing.

We have different passions for something, sometimes this passion transcends to various sectors of life.

As an individual having a burning zeal for something is not enough! How do your passion affect your community?
How does it bring some dollars, pounds, euros and Naira to your pocket?

Do u know that balancing it will do you much good.

These are the few tips on how to monetize your passion.

1. What Do You Love to Do?

If you weren’t dealing with that crappy job every day, what would you be doing instead? Figure out which activities make you feel happy and alive—not dead inside, like I feel after a TV marathon.

Maybe you like to take pictures. Maybe you like writing. Perhaps a walk with your dog is your favorite time of day. Any activities you can dream of can be turned into a money-making venture.

If you’re still not sure, then take some classes. Try a few things out before making your choice. It could take years before you figure out what you love to do, but just keep experimenting. The alternative is that you never figure it out!

2. Do It For Free

Before charging people money, do what you love for free for quite a while. Doing the work without worrying about turning your passion into a business right away will help you hone your skills and build your confidence.

Take some baby steps. For example, if you’re thinking about a career in freelance writing, try blogging first. When you feel more comfortable, offer your services for free to a favorite website or local business.

Working for free will also allow you to determine if you actually like the work enough to parlay it into a job—if you won’t do it for free, you won’t enjoy doing it for money.

Using myself as a case study, as a civil engineer by profession, I have done so many designs and jobs for free. I do it because I want them to believe in my ability to deliver a quality job.

3. Combine Your Passion With Your Other Skills

Visit for more article on this subject and more.
www.obsteract..com.ng

(1) (Reply)

A 20year Who Became A Billionaire On His First Job. / Mastercard Nigeria Latest Fresh Recruitment / Extra Clean Used 2003 Camry Big Daddy...you Just Need See This Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.