Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,744 members, 7,955,840 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:46 PM

Hitv,dstv With Decoder Tv For Browsing? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hitv,dstv With Decoder Tv For Browsing? (2586 Views)

Browsing With Decoder. / Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing / Browsing With Decoder , Is It Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hitv,dstv With Decoder Tv For Browsing? by emtar(m): 11:43am On Mar 30, 2010
Am here to know what is going on concerning the uses of decoder tv with pc to browse web as some people advertise. Is this possible to connect to internet? because decoder is mainly for for receiving and not sending information.

I would all like if i could use strong decoder to connect to pc. Also how do i go about it.

I need both positive and negative answer please

EMTAR
Re: Hitv,dstv With Decoder Tv For Browsing? by tunde300us(m): 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2010
Pls stop wasting threads here,u said it urself that decoder is not for sending and just for receiving .If u knw this much why re u asking irrelevant questns again.
NL shld not allow some questns pls
Re: Hitv,dstv With Decoder Tv For Browsing? by malanky26(m): 1:57pm On Mar 31, 2010
That's tacky of u tunde for attacking emtar. Nothing is impossible. In the US, a company callded Direct tv is also an ISP under the name direct pc. It uses dish like the dstv for download and regular telephone line for upload. Since most people download more than upload, it sells well. A similar thing can happen with the combination of dstv/hitv as fast download link while the glorified broadband of zain, glo, will be upload link.

Is it possible in Nigeria? and how?
Re: Hitv,dstv With Decoder Tv For Browsing? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 01, 2010
yeah, i think mweb was doing it before with dstv decoders, dont know if its still running thou, check mweb website
Re: Hitv,dstv With Decoder Tv For Browsing? by tunde300us(m): 11:23pm On Apr 01, 2010
Am sorry if u guys think i was harsh on the post but really i think we should just say what we know not what we hear.It is not possible for those decoders that any of either DSTV,HITV or any other cable network uses to be used for internet cos they work with different technologies,unless maybe they change the decoder to one that can do dual purpose or whatever,but as for now am sorry to disappoint u guys.
The one DSTV announced via MWEB was not with the same decoder,it didnt work out thats why it never saw the light of day.

(1) (Reply)

Very Clean HP Pavilion Dv6- Core I3 Laptop( 49k:SOLD / Clean Dell Latitude E5420 Core I5 320 @ 65k Only / Epads And Iphones Are Available At An Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.