Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,142 members, 7,953,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:57 PM

Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! (6534 Views)

Pa Ogungbe Is Dead, Veteran Nollywood Actor ! / Ray Daniels Okeugo Is Dead (Nollywood Actor) / Nollywood Actor, Chinedu Nwani Dies In A Ghastly Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by wales(m): 2:53pm On Mar 30, 2010
A Lagos High Court sitting in Lagos on Monday March 29, 2010, adjourned further hearing in the petition for dissolution of marriage sought by Nollywood actor, Fred Aseroma, against his wife, Blessing Aseroma, till April 30, 2010.

From evidence before the court, Mr. Aseroma, 40, had on November 4, 2009 submitted an affidavit of urgency, praying the court to dissolve his marriage to enable him remarry a British resident, so as to complete his education in the United Kingdom.

“I have been living in the United Kingdom without the appropriate papers for some time as a student. [That] my wife-to-be in the UK does not wish to accommodate me any longer unless I am able to formally obtain divorce from my present marriage. [That] the only option available to me to remain in the UK is get married to a resident, to enable me conclude my studies,” read the affidavit signed by Mr. Aseroma.

Though the case did not come up for mention owing to the ongoing deployment of Lagos State judges, Mrs. Aseroma, 38, said her husband has not been truthful about his marital situation to the court. She said her husband has already got married to his would-be benefactor in the UK, while not yet divorced from her.

“He told the court that I left our matrimonial home because of his absence to seek for greener pastures. This is not true. Even when he kept travelling to the UK and hardly sent upkeep money, I have always been at our house in Ojodu with our three kids and his brother, Temotighe, who lives in the same house with us,” Mrs Aseroma said.

In a media report (not NEXT) published on February 3, 2010, Mr. Aseroma was said to have secretly married Titi Jacobs, described as a ‘London Big Girl’ seeking “to be a successful film maker”; with them both living in an apartment in Hackney, London.

The report also read: “Fred who relocated to London few years ago is seeking greener pastures in UK after he fell on bad times in Nigeria and the only way for him to survive in UK is by getting married to someone who can help him facilitate his resident papers.”

Following Mr. Aseroma’s arrest last week Friday by the Ojodu-Abiodun Police Division over allegations of wife battery, Mrs. Aseroma, who met her husband over 10 years ago while they were both students at the University of Lagos, said she is willing to concede to her husband’s request for a divorce, but not on his terms.

“I have suffered his beating for over 10 years. I cannot take it any longer. Let us go our separate ways. But I will not accept for him to take my children from me. These are the same children that I am the one taking care of, looking for money everywhere to pay their school fees,” Mrs. Aseroma said.

Mr. Aseroma had asked the court to grant him custody of their children, aged six, eight and 10 years, while proposing that their mother “have access to the children once a month” and that they “spend part of their long holidays” with their mother.

Also commenting, counsel to Mrs. Aseroma, Simeon Ikani of Ikani, Afolabi and Co. Chambers, questioned the procedure applied by Mr. Aseroma in seeking his divorce, which he said suggests wanting the court to hear and determine the marriage dissolution proceedings without Mrs. Aseroma contesting.

“The petitioner (Mr. Aseroma) filed his first petition for dissolution of marriage on March 4, 2009. Another petition was filed on October 8, 2009 with the affidavit for urgency filed in November 2009. But throughout this time, my client (Mrs. Aseroma) was never served. I had to apply myself for all the documents,” Mr. Ikani said.

Though all phone calls and text messages to Mr. Aseroma went unanswered, his lawyer, Lawrence Ehiwogwu, in a telephone call, said he would not comment, as the case is in court.

“My friend, why are you wasting your credit? The matter is in court. I cannot place it in the domain of public opinion. You can find out from the court,” Mr. Ehiwogwu said.

Link:

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Crime/5547398-146/story.csp

Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by clemcykul(f): 3:31pm On Mar 30, 2010
for real?
poor couples. wish they could reverse time to when their love was as sweet and bright as spring.
Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by 9jauk: 11:45am On Mar 31, 2010
Strictly family matter;gbeborun!
Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 31, 2010
the search for greener pastures can drive people to do the silliest of things

poor woman
Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 31, 2010
profile of Lady TeeJay ESTHER TITILOLA JACOBS
Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by jessefly: 12:21pm On Mar 31, 2010
fred a wife batterer, who in 9ja now will i suspect of not bein a wife batterer, so bad
Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by touchmeder: 12:39pm On Mar 31, 2010
on top everything the man wan take the children.wetin the poor woman go come get now? sad
Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 31, 2010
This is the Kind of people will find in Nollywood, grin grin grin grin welcome to Nollyword actors behaviours grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by slyk2(m): 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2010
Nollywood virus and bacteria don bite them!
Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by chikafaith: 3:21pm On Mar 31, 2010
infact fred is a mad man i was thinking dat he was a good man never know he was like dat, shame to you,
you want to divorce your wife for money. pls let the woman take her childern God will see her true.
Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by Meldrick(m): 4:14pm On Mar 31, 2010
wales:

“I have been living in the United Kingdom without the appropriate papers for some time as a student. [That] my wife-to-be in the UK does not wish to accommodate me any longer unless I am able to formally obtain divorce from my present marriage. [That] the only option available to me to remain in the UK is get married to a resident, to enable me conclude my studies,” read the affidavit signed by Mr. Aseroma.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Crime/5547398-146/story.csp

Never knew this guy was a buffalo. He has decided to be a squatter abroad and the fool says my wife to be.
Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by yenboy(m): 5:12pm On Mar 31, 2010
Fred u are disgrace to Man Hood
Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by Theblessed(f): 8:31pm On Mar 31, 2010
People, keep marrying for the wrong reasons it would definitely catch up on you lot.

Remember, what goes round comes round double times, doesn't it? And when it does, don't forget this!
Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by MsTom(f): 9:56pm On Mar 31, 2010
He left his wife and kids and is still demanding for divorce on his terms? Stup!d. Cant believe his reasons for wanting to leave his wife and marry another. After a while, we hear he is getting divorced again. **SMH** at the stup!d!ty of this man.
Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by onokha: 11:56pm On Mar 31, 2010
am really surprised at this topic, to even think that fred could raise his hands to beat a woman. na wah o, so all this ones wey dem dey act love love na all firm trick.
Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by eros(m): 12:02am On Apr 01, 2010
Okay this is strictly a family affair but wife battering is not the kind of thing this fool shouldn't be doing. angry angry angry
Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by becomrich6: 5:10am On Apr 01, 2010
I am shock, why would anyone want to divorce his wife for paper. I can never do that. Never. He should go back to nigeria. He would make it in nigeria. 

You dont throw away your life for paper. It is your future.
Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by becomrich6: 5:21am On Apr 01, 2010
It is not of him who wills but of God who show mercy. even nigerian who are born abroad, may never use the america passport more than 2 times in thier life time. So why destory your children future over a stupid paper.

I remember many years, there was this nigeria lady in maryland. Pastor Ghadi church, I got to know. If you see the way the woman run for me. All because of the stupid paper. she assumed that may be I was illegal. Pastor Ghandi would still remember the story.

Paper go kill nigerian abroad. Adenuga never made money abroad. Adenuga was driving taxi in the USA. Adenuga is worth more than $1 billion dollars in Nigeria today. Look Adenuga makes more than $50 million a month
Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by otukpo(f): 2:29pm On Apr 01, 2010
Most men of nowadays are Gold diggers.
And they no dey shame.
Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by CuteAngel(f): 4:46pm On Apr 01, 2010
Men will always be men, always grazing where the pastures seems greener.
Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by shinaidowu: 6:45pm On Apr 01, 2010
Men good ridance to bad rubbish.He is not just a wife batterer but also a very shameless one too. If you guys should begin to hear all the nonsence that he did in the apartment rented by the wife in ojodu, kings avenue to be precise. You guys would be amazed at some so called celebrity (thats if he is one). But am not one to start gossiping though, lets just leave it like that.
Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by Voned(f): 10:56pm On Apr 05, 2010
Wonders shall never end, and to think i really liked Fred am very disappointed in him. Shior
Re: Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy ! by anikelov: 8:21pm On Apr 06, 2010
i am highly disappointed in fred,at his age and maturity,he is yet to understand the word MARRIAGE.

(1) (Reply)

PARENTS! Pls Block CARTOON NETWORK (photo) / Things We've Learnt From Nollywood / Supernatural Season 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.