Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

C. RONALDO:I Am The Best Player Ever In The History Of Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / C. RONALDO:I Am The Best Player Ever In The History Of Football (994 Views)

Ronaldo: I Want To Break Ali Daei’s Goalscoring Record / Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions / Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C. RONALDO:I Am The Best Player Ever In The History Of Football by awollowo: 5:50am On Dec 09, 2017
CRISTIANO RONALDO
After drawing level with Lionel Messi in terms of Ballons d'Or won, the Portuguese says that he's "never seen anyone better than" himself
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has branded himself the greatest player in the history of the game.
He picked up his fifth Ballon d’Or on Thursday , equalling the record of his great rival Lionel Messi.
Ronaldo was the runaway winner of the gong, picking up the prize for the second year in succession.
RELATED
“I’m the best player in history, in the good moments and the bad ones,” he told France Football, the magazine that organises the award.
“I respect everyone’s preferences, but I’ve never seen anyone better than me. I have always thought that. No footballer can do the things I can. There’s no player more complete than me. I play well with both feet, I’m quick, powerful, good with the head, I score goals, I make assists. There are guys who prefer Neymar or Messi. But I tell you: there’s no-one more complete than me.
“No-one has won as many individual trophies as me. And I’m not speaking just of the Ballon d’Or. That says something, doesn’t it? It’s not just a result of the work I do in the gym, like some people think. It’s the sum of many things. Legends like Floyd Mayweather and LeBron James don’t get to their perfect level by chance. Many factors coincide. To be at the top and to stay there, you have to have more talent than the others.”
Ronaldo admitted that at one stage of his career he was “demotivated” and did not even want to go to the ceremonies when Messi was getting the better of him on an annual basis.
“I won the Ballon d’Or before Messi, then he overtook me and won four in a row,” he said. “I’m not going to hide from you that I was sad and angry. I went to the award ceremonies and I never won. At one point, I was even demotivated. I had no desire to go. To be there for the photo didn’t interest me.
“Then, little by little, thanks to those close to me, I told myself that in life there is a beginning and an end. And in football what counts is the finish, not the start. I was patient. And I won four other Ballons d’Or.”
He says success on the big stage allowed him to win this award, but admitted that claiming the award again next season will be a tricky task.
“I knew that if I won the Champions League I would have taken a step closer to a fifth Ballon d’Or. We won and I was the top scorer in the competition again. And what’s more, I scored twice in the final. That was the key,” he said.
“I don’t know if I can win a sixth next year. There are so many competitions to play in the next year with Real, then the World Cup with Portugal.
“That World Cup will be crucial in the running of the Ballon d’Or. Imagine Real win the Champions league again and I’m the top scorer but have a mediocre World Cup. Or the other way around.
“Winning the league won’t be enough, the stakes are higher.”
Ronaldo will next be in action on Saturday, when Madrid tackle Sevilla in La Liga, with the Portuguese aiming to add to the two goals he has scored so far in the competition this term.
He has fared rather better in Europe, however, becoming the first player to score in all six group stage matches as Zinedine Zidane’s men qualified as runners-up to Tottenham in Group H.

Re: C. RONALDO:I Am The Best Player Ever In The History Of Football by awollowo: 6:10am On Dec 09, 2017

Re: C. RONALDO:I Am The Best Player Ever In The History Of Football by chukxie(m): 6:59am On Dec 09, 2017
Messi is undoubtedly the better of the two. Next year is gonna be Messi's.
Re: C. RONALDO:I Am The Best Player Ever In The History Of Football by RX480(m): 7:07am On Dec 09, 2017
The greatest of all time
Re: C. RONALDO:I Am The Best Player Ever In The History Of Football by Olamyyde(m): 8:31am On Dec 09, 2017
you are not better than messi, cryuff, Pele and maradona. You are not even the best ronaldo in history

2 Likes

Re: C. RONALDO:I Am The Best Player Ever In The History Of Football by AbusM(m): 9:26am On Dec 09, 2017
He has just won the very last ballon dor and fifa best. He would never touch these awards again.

1 Like

Re: C. RONALDO:I Am The Best Player Ever In The History Of Football by princeemmma(m): 10:26am On Dec 09, 2017
Olamyyde:
you are not better than messi, cryuff, Pele and maradona. You are not even the best ronaldo in history
those people you just mentioned did not achieve what he had achieve, go check it and feed me back undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: C. RONALDO:I Am The Best Player Ever In The History Of Football by princeemmma(m): 10:26am On Dec 09, 2017
AbusM:
He has just won the very last ballon dor and fifa best. He would never touch these awards again.
and all the once he has won? do you think that not okay enough?

1 Like

Re: C. RONALDO:I Am The Best Player Ever In The History Of Football by Olamyyde(m): 10:53am On Dec 09, 2017
princeemmma:
those people you just mentioned did not achieve what he had achieve, go check it and feed me back undecided undecided undecided undecided
has ronaldo scored 91 goals in a calendar year(his highest is 69)?
has he scored 50 goals in a single league campaign?
has he single handedly won a world cup like maradona?
has he won 3 world cups like Pele?
has he influenced great clubs like ajax and Barcelona like cryuff?
did he win 5 back to back champions league and 8 LA liga titles like di stefano did for Madrid?

Ronaldo is not even close to being the greatest

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sure Daily Prediction / Ronaldo Or Messi—who Finishes The Season With More Goals? / 869 Is The Magic Number For Cristiano Ronaldo And Lionel Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.