Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,127 members, 7,953,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:09 PM

The Imperative Of Resisting Imitation Of Most Celebrities In Nigerian Showbiz - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Imperative Of Resisting Imitation Of Most Celebrities In Nigerian Showbiz (8582 Views)

Types Of Satanic Sacrifices Carried Out By Most Celebrities For Fame And Fortune / Why Are Most Celebrities Indecently Dressed In Public? / Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Imperative Of Resisting Imitation Of Most Celebrities In Nigerian Showbiz by noruwasman(m): 9:12pm On Dec 12, 2017
Narldon:

When 2017 started, My New Year Resolution was to save 100,000 naira.

So Far, I've saved 1000 naira; it's just 99,000 naira left for it to complete.

How come? I think you have to get some home work done interns of management. Else even that 1k can still be lukakulise within a twinkle of an eye #NoruwaCares
Re: The Imperative Of Resisting Imitation Of Most Celebrities In Nigerian Showbiz by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 12, 2017
Balderdash....he be like say you just graduate from law school, whey you write epistle of kaycee whatever to Nigerians....

1 Like

Re: The Imperative Of Resisting Imitation Of Most Celebrities In Nigerian Showbiz by Narldon: 10:32pm On Dec 12, 2017
noruwasman:

How come? I think you have to get some home work done interns of management. Else even that 1k can still be lukakulise within a twinkle of an eye #NoruwaCares

LoL

I will do better next year

1 Like

Re: The Imperative Of Resisting Imitation Of Most Celebrities In Nigerian Showbiz by noruwasman(m): 10:39pm On Dec 12, 2017
Narldon:

LoL

I will do better next year
hope you are enjoying tonight match#KTBFFH
Re: The Imperative Of Resisting Imitation Of Most Celebrities In Nigerian Showbiz by Kayceenaz(m): 12:41am On Dec 13, 2017
Lacomus:
Me I only want to imitate money, op abeg is it also mindless ?
It depends, but doing so legitimately mixed with moderation and contentment is not.
Re: The Imperative Of Resisting Imitation Of Most Celebrities In Nigerian Showbiz by Kayceenaz(m): 12:46am On Dec 13, 2017
Bolustical:
Dear OP,

Unfortunately, most people will not read what you just read, they will say it's too long, they want summary.

Nevertheless, you made valid points.

Thanks for the commendation. I just hope those who click on this topic prove that trend wrong. Besides, a helpful summary is not too far below the article.
Re: The Imperative Of Resisting Imitation Of Most Celebrities In Nigerian Showbiz by Kayceenaz(m): 12:52am On Dec 13, 2017
Iamdmentor1:
This message would be best communicated if written articulately
The article seems articulate, unambiguous, and understandable. Most of the preceding comments say so. But--I really want to know--how do you mean?
Re: The Imperative Of Resisting Imitation Of Most Celebrities In Nigerian Showbiz by Kayceenaz(m): 12:58am On Dec 13, 2017
ednut1:
sadly your epistle wont change anything
You seem to forget that drops of water can make an ocean. I strongly believe it has already given some readers cause for rethink and would still do more. Never underestimate the power of wise words!
Re: The Imperative Of Resisting Imitation Of Most Celebrities In Nigerian Showbiz by Kayceenaz(m): 1:02am On Dec 13, 2017
Originalsly:
@)Op....who are you really targeting to resist popular culture?...if the masses couldn't this be written in laymans terms/simple English?

My target is all Nigerians; both the elites and masses. Your point is noted.
Re: The Imperative Of Resisting Imitation Of Most Celebrities In Nigerian Showbiz by Kayceenaz(m): 1:04am On Dec 13, 2017
Fiscabally:
Right on point op
If only they'd adhere
I earnestly hope they do without further ado.

1 Like

Re: The Imperative Of Resisting Imitation Of Most Celebrities In Nigerian Showbiz by Kayceenaz(m): 1:12am On Dec 13, 2017
SonOfAfonja:
Balderdash....he be like say you just graduate from law school, whey you write epistle of kaycee whatever to Nigerians....
It is ironical that you label such meaning-filled article with that derisive term. That you have reservations about the article does not necessarily make it by and large nonsensical. Your assertion is just fallacious, to say the least.
Re: The Imperative Of Resisting Imitation Of Most Celebrities In Nigerian Showbiz by Kayceenaz(m): 1:18am On Dec 13, 2017
9jakohai:
Good article ,OP

Regarding most naija hits... Very true. No variety, just love and more love and how good someone looks.

As for our movies, sigh.
Thanks for the pat on the back. I hope the article's words push music artistes and movie producers to retrace their steps.

1 Like

Re: The Imperative Of Resisting Imitation Of Most Celebrities In Nigerian Showbiz by Nobody: 2:29am On Dec 13, 2017
Kayceenaz:

It depends, but doing so legitimately mixed with moderation and contentment is not.
lol
Re: The Imperative Of Resisting Imitation Of Most Celebrities In Nigerian Showbiz by MNDY(m): 3:31pm On Dec 13, 2017
Kayceenaz:

Thanks for the pat on the back. I hope the article's words push music artistes and movie producers to retrace their steps.

From the post to your replies, I must say that you have a very good and admirable command of English language.

I am very much into music. Here's the thing - some heavy music junkies (like me) just appreciate and love the good rhythm of a song well made.

We are not interested in the theme or lyrics of the song (whether meaningless and/or corrupt); we do not let that influence us neither. We still let our moral compass guide us but just love/listen to them for the love of their excellent rendition.

Movies too. A couple of them are brilliantly made and well thought of that one can't help but identify with them and cherish, even as they contain morally wrong contents.

And like I said, these things and the celebrities attached to them on their own cannot influence the moral compass of an individual who is liking and loving them; HE/SHE CHOOSES WHETHER TO LET THEM OR NOT.

1 Like

Re: The Imperative Of Resisting Imitation Of Most Celebrities In Nigerian Showbiz by Kayceenaz(m): 12:26am On Dec 14, 2017
MNDY:

From the post to your replies, I must say that you have a very good and admirable command of English language.

I am very much into music. Here's the thing - some heavy music junkies (like me) just appreciate and love the good rhythm of a song well made.

We are not interested in the theme or lyrics of the song (whether meaningless and/or corrupt); we do not let that influence us neither. We still let our moral compass guide us but just love/listen to them for the love of their excellent rendition.

Movies too. A couple of them are brilliantly made and well thought of that one can't help but identify with them and cherish, even as they contain morally wrong contents.

And like I said, these things and the celebrities attached to them on their own cannot influence the moral compass of an individual who is liking and loving them; HE/SHE CHOOSES WHETHER TO LET THEM OR NOT.

Thank you very much for the kind words; I appreciate them.

However, in as much as the the beats of these songs with repulsive, banal lyrics may sound melodious and seem irresistible to put on replay, it is difficult to prevent its word-contents from penetrating the mind and disfiguring one's "moral compass." Psychology tells us that there is a connection between the human senses and mind. The mind is naturally wired to form mental images from sense experience. These images go on to linger and gradually settles in the subconscious part of the mind, with the capability of influencing human behaviour/actions.

Thus, enjoyment of those songs without simultaneously getting influenced, no matter how little, by its lyrics is very slim. It is analogous to playing in a muddy place, expecting not to get stained which its possibilty is infinitesimal, too. So, my brother, the advisable thing to do is guard, and diligently so, what enters your mind through the doorway of your senses. For even hermits, monks, or those devoted to asceticism do not toil with things that could corrupt them, hence their isolation from a significant part of the world in order to ensure the purity of their mind.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures From Star Music Launch / Hollywood Worst Hairstyle Hall Of Fame / Nicki Minaj Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction As Her Nipple Slip Open At NYFW, Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.