Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Why Do Popular Nigerian Celebrities Not Attend "The Experience" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Do Popular Nigerian Celebrities Not Attend "The Experience" (333 Views)

Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience / Bbnaija Housemates Reveal They Did Not Attend Audition / Moses Inwang, Williams Uchemba, Ubi Franklin At The Experience 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Popular Nigerian Celebrities Not Attend "The Experience" by hennyholla17(m): 9:36am On Dec 09, 2017
I was watching the event on DSTV one Sunday night, then it hit me: popular Nigerian artistes don't seem to be interested in the event. I don't expect
these artistes to perform though, I expect them to attend the show, and show some support for gospel music. Artistes like Wizkid, Davido, Olamide, 2face, D'banj, Tiwa Savage, M.I, D'banj, Don jazzy and the rest should be present because these are A-list artistes who only got to the top by the grace of almighty God.
It's only fitting that they should dedicate one event to him and show appreciation by attending it. Most of them claim to be travelling or "on tour" during this festive period which is true but dedicating one day for "The experience" wouldn't kill their careers - as a matter of fact, it would really boost it.
What brought my mind to these topic is how our Nigerian artistes and top celebrities manage to create time for the MOBO awards, AFRIMMA, HEADIES, BET, NEA, PHYNO FEST, OLIC, LORD OF THE RIBS, SEYI LAW FAST AND FUNNY and other top events like that but nobody ever managed to create time for "The Experience": a day specially dedicated to praising God throughout the night and also a free event. This will even give these artistes an opportunity to show their love for their country and streets with many fans attending both from Nigeria and other parts of the world.
Some fans might say they can't attend because of the style or genre they sing in but that should be no excuse. Most of these artistes still manage to create at least one single to thank God for where they are. Lil Kesh, Olamide and Phyno once sang " iranu abacha" but they also sang "semilore" and "fada fada" respectively. Wizkid once sang "Bombay" but also sang "Thank God", Davido once sang "Gobe" but also sang "All of you" (Baba God is bigger than...). This is proof that they still know who made them who they are today yet they manage to neglect the only event in His honor in Nigeria. Is that right?
I noticed this because if they were at other events, social media would be flooded with their pix, comments, retweets and posts but they never even for once posted about "The Experience". Does it mean our Nigerian artistes care more about their awards and concerts than God? If so, I don't think they will be evergreen in the music industry. Some of them who have had an amazing run in the year are supposed to be the once flooding the event with their crew. The likes of Tiwa Savage, Davido, Wizkid, Olamide, 2baba, Tekno etc have been outstanding this year but they couldn't attend the event for one reason or the other.
Maybe I will excuse them for this year and the previous years but I think this should change and we should start seeing more of our artistes and celebrities at this event. It will help prove their love for the country and their gratitude to God. This is a show that is always attended by over 100,000 Nigerians for free yet we see little of our popular TV faces (except the gospel musicians) at the event.
There should be a change in this trend for the good of the country and their careers. Only God did it, not MOBO, not HEADIES, not AFRIMA, not AMVCA and definitely not BET. There isn't even an event holding that day so I don't understand the excuse they can give.
#BeGrateful
Kindly share this until they get it.

http://naijafalcon..co.ke/2017/12/the-experience-why-do-popular-nigerian.html?m=1
Re: Why Do Popular Nigerian Celebrities Not Attend "The Experience" by Kingsley121(m): 9:45am On Dec 09, 2017
Do the Gospel musicians attend phynofest,Olic,or other hip hop concerts?
Expect to see actors, actresses and other celebrities, but not hip hop artistes..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Popular Nigerian Celebrities Not Attend "The Experience" by coluka: 9:53am On Dec 09, 2017
I know don jazzy, Tiwa Savage and Dr Sid attended last year experience

(1) (Reply)

Rita Dominic Responds To A Follower Who Told Her To ‘go And Marry’ / Briz Bryan Releases Date & Artwork Cover For New His New Song. See When !! / Why Do AY & Davido Skip Tax Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.