Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) (22764 Views)

Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? / Toyota Corolla 2006 Vs. Toyota Matrix 2005: Which Should I Buy / Which Is Better, Honda Odyssey 2004 Vs Toyota Sienna 2004 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by georgecso(m): 10:21am On Dec 09, 2017
Please Car Gurus in the house... Kindly highlight some of the pros and cons of the two cars.. I love these cars but l believe one is better and durable that the other... Thanks

Peugeot 406 (2004)

Toyota Corolla 2008

Please Moderators: Marpo.. Front page pls
Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by marooh: 10:38am On Dec 09, 2017
I don't know about the parts cost but for simplicity Toyota is best...
Peugeot will serve u but if it fault start na gbege..‎

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by georgecso(m): 10:47am On Dec 09, 2017
marooh:
I don't know about the parts cost but for simplicity Toyota is best...
Peugeot will serve u but if it fault start na gbege..‎

Thank you for that info

4 Likes

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by dokiOloye(m): 12:25pm On Dec 09, 2017
The comparism isn't fair sha.A 406 should be compared with a Camry or Avalon,a corolla with maybe d 306 or 307.
The 406 is a very nice car,stable at high speeds,good ground clearance,cheap parts,spacious,strong suspension parts but unfortunately Nairaland gurus seem to hate Peugeots.
Personally used one for 5 yrs from zero miles and d only problem it had thruout d period was an incident of spoilt ECU and misfire originating from one injector.Never experienced d oft claimed electrical wahalas which our resident car talk ogas accuse Peugeots of.

The only good thing I know about d corolla is they claim anybody including a bicycle repairer can work on it.The parts are even costlier than that of d 406,very weak suspension parts,light like a paper kite on d highway grin.
Then U should also remember you will be within the gunsight all d armed robbers and car thieves in west Africa grin if U decide to use that corolla.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2017
2008 Toyota corolla? hmmmmm, don't LET us go there oh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by georgecso(m): 1:13pm On Dec 09, 2017
dokiOloye:
The comparism isn't fair sha.A 406 should be compared with a Camry or Avalon,a corolla with maybe d 306 or 307.
The 406 is a very nice car,stable at high speeds,good ground clearance,cheap parts,spacious,strong suspension parts but unfortunately Nairaland gurus seem to hate Peugeots.
Personally used one for 5 yrs from zero miles and d only problem it had thruout d period was an incident of spoilt ECU and misfire originating from one injector.Never experienced d oft claimed electrical wahalas which our resident car talk ogas accuse Peugeots of.

The only good thing I know about d corolla is they claim anybody including a bicycle repairer can work on it.The parts are even costlier than that of d 406,very weak suspension parts,light like a paper kite on d highway grin.
Then U should also remember you will be within the gunsight all d armed robbers and car thieves in west Africa grin if U decide to use that corolla.

I like your analysis and contribution.... One key feature you have mentioned about 406 is the good suspension quality.. I don't know why most car gurus hate Peugeot though...

3 Likes

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by georgecso(m): 1:15pm On Dec 09, 2017
obekediamondfuto:
2008 Toyota corolla? hmmmmm, don't LET us go there oh

Bro.. pls share your experience... Thanks
Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by oseiwe(m): 7:35pm On Dec 09, 2017
georgecso:

Bro.. pls share your experience... Thanks
04 and 08? I prefer closer years though.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by Ikenna351(m): 12:13pm On Dec 10, 2017
georgecso:
Please Car Gurus in the house... Kindly highlight some of the pros and cons of the two cars.. I love these cars but l believe one is better and durable that the other... Thanks

Peugeot 406 (2004)

Toyota Corolla 2008

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by Ikenna351(m): 12:27pm On Dec 10, 2017
georgecso:

Peugeot 406 (2004)

Toyota Corolla 2008

What exactly do you want to know about Peugeot 406 (D9)? Worst thing men do to themselves is comparing a man with another or things with things. Decide what you, look for things you want from available options, and choose the one that appeals or excites you the most. Stop comparing things, for there is positive and negative in all subjects that exist on this planet, including you I am responding to, not to talk of a vehicle made by a positive & negative man.

I can see you have a fear belief formed already on Peugeot 406 you absorbed from other people because you let them do that to you. So, if you want to deal with belief, lets try this:

1. What are your fears about this lion, Peugeot 406?

2. What exactly do you want in or from a car?

3. Which of the 2 vehicles excites you the most by mere looking at the pictures you attached or see them physically?

If you can respond to these 3 questions above without anybody's influence, choice or validation; if you can respond to them without caring how other people would react to your opinion or whose feelings you might hurt (including your CAR TALK gurus you seem scared to displease) , then you will find the answers you are looking for. Then, I can come in and share my perspective and personal experience with Peugeot 406 or what I know about the lion.

Ikenna351, Lion King.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by Dovehorizon: 12:30pm On Dec 10, 2017
First of all, the corolla uploaded is from 2003-2007 and not 2008.
Corolla in general is best known for their low fuel consumption and are reliable.
Peugeot 406 on the other hand is stronger in terms of mechanical parts, cheaper parts compared to the corolla, aesthetics is better than that of corolla and also more comfortable. Corolla is lighter than peugeot when driving at high speed.
If you are looking for a car to use and then sell, corolla will be your best bet Cus of its popular demand

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:59pm On Dec 10, 2017
Dovehorizon:
First of all, the corolla uploaded is from 2003-2007 and not 2008.
Corolla in general is best known for their low fuel consumption and are reliable.
Peugeot 406 on the other hand is stronger in terms of mechanical parts, cheaper parts compared to the corolla, aesthetics is better than that of corolla and also more comfortable. Corolla is lighter than peugeot when driving at high speed.
If you are looking for a car to use and then sell, corolla will be your best bet Cus of its popular demand

thank you for the opening statement..... one thing is certain, there is an atom of truth in every rumour.

I love the 406, but when it comes to reliability...... corolla beats it hands down because of obvious reasons.

1 preconceived mythology: everyone seems to believe the corolla is reliable.... heck every mechanic can at least fix a corolla to some extent, even Peugeot mechs. the build system is quite easy to understand and most importantly, user friendly. hence everyone wants a car that if beans turn to moi moi, a random kazeem can fix.

2 availability of parts, some people won't tell u this but when u visit some rural areas go to their auto part stores, u will still find Toyota parts there. they will tell u all sort of stories when gbege burst start hearing stuff like...... order from amazon or eBay.....lolz

3 technical know how. the knowledge of these Peugeot systems have only been mastered by a select few, so there u have it. thank God for ikenna's forum else we for dey see nlders selling off their Peugeots in quantum..

4 except u r a diy guy, dont mess with the 406, I actually met a proud lion owner hu every time he enters his vehicle, the electricals start misbehaving, from wipers to radio to climate control.

good thing is I will soon join the 406 proud owners,

when i become ikenna's next door neighbour

PS: I love the 406 with a passion, a passion that negates every single atom of love for jap mobiles

4 Likes

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by king406(m): 6:13pm On Dec 10, 2017
2004 406 without a second thought.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by diportivo: 6:25pm On Dec 10, 2017
I want to be biased here

I have used the d9

and I can comfortably say "thunder fire corolla"!!

fuel consumption even beats the corolla sef....and dats from personal experience

parts prices nko......I say " thunder fire" corolla again and again

but,sometimes what appeals to u is more important that what others think

test drive both

whichever tickles ur fancy,go for it

both cars are okay

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by letuak(m): 5:04pm On Dec 11, 2017
diportivo:
I want to be biased here

I have used the d9

and I can comfortably say "thunder fire corolla"!!

fuel consumption even beats the corolla sef....and dats from personal experience

parts prices nko......I say " thunder fire" corolla again and again

but,sometimes what appeals to u is more important that what others think

test drive both

whichever tickles ur fancy,go for it

both cars are okay

Positve statements,thank u .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by Hahnemann: 8:03pm On Dec 11, 2017
georgecso:

I like your analysis and contribution.... One key feature you have mentioned about 406 is the good suspension quality.. I don't know why most car gurus hate Peugeot though...

Because it doesn't have second hand value
Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by Readonee35L(m): 10:16pm On Dec 11, 2017
Corolla thief magnet.
My bro corolla was vandalized through the night.
Fùck.
The thing just make me weak.

If you don't have a fully secured environment don't buy it.

The Toyota has only few merits .

Toyota has lots of problems which people will act like it doesn't exist because of their mindset that it's a good car.
From
burning oil
Sludge in engine.
Poor build quality .
Timing chain noise / vvti issues on their 4cylinders 2az and Co.
And some other issues. I cant mention.

The cars are not that bad and if maintaimed most of the he issues can be avoided.

But it pains me when people praise the not so perfect because of previous glory.

The peugeot is not a saint and I love it because it's not claiming to be a saint.

Goto ladipo and see the number of 2az fe engine people
buy everyday .
Even the transmission.
Shocks
Stabilizers
Linkage .

The parts of the most reliable car grin grin is even the best selling lol.

7 Likes

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by mammanbawa: 10:44pm On Dec 11, 2017
Readonee35L:

Toyota has lots of problems which people will act like it doesn't exist because of their mindset that it's a good car.
From
burning oil
Sludge in engine.
Poor build quality .
Timing chain noise / vvti issues on their 4cylinders 2az and Co.
And some other issues. I cant mention.

The cars are not that bad and if maintaimed most of the he issues can be avoided.

But it pains me when people praise the not so perfect because of previous glory.

The peugeot is not a saint and I love it because it's not claiming to be a saint.

Goto ladipo and see the number of 2az fe engine people
buy everyday .
Even the transmission.
Shocks
Stabilizers
Linkage .

The parts of the most reliable car grin grin is even the best selling lol.

Sometimes, I wonder what people refer to as "reliable". Is it a car that has the most sought after parts, crappy suspension and terrible handling? Of course not. Op, you should know what you want in a car, but I don't think the d9 lion has anything you want absent (tremendous fuel economy , wonderful handling, stability, speed and aesthetics to mention a few). Of course it has its bad sides and that's natural. I'm a proud owner and I tell you it will never be a regret buying the lion. Cheers
Picture: the lion in its sleep

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by king406(m): 12:51am On Dec 12, 2017
If you decide on buying 406. I have one for sale. Contact me if u are interested

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by georgecso(m): 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2018
king406:
If you decide on buying 406. I have one for sale. Contact me if u are interested
I will contact you very soon.. Thanks bro
Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by georgecso(m): 7:42pm On Jan 20, 2018
I have made of mind... Lion all the way.... Car sellers please post the pics of 406.. Automatic

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:52pm On Jan 20, 2018
georgecso:
I have made of mind... Lion all the way.... Car sellers please post the pics of 406.. Automatic

guy no just try urself...... auto wetin on a 406, every praise sung up there is only and I repeat, only for the manual setups..

once again, no try urself!

5 Likes

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by 0taPiaPia(m): 8:59pm On Nov 22, 2019
Going by the last poster’s comment or the poster above me, I hereby declare this thread inconclusive... Abeg this na 2019 and i am in same dilemma... Abeg make una show make we discuss am... undecided
Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by MusaDanladi1: 11:16pm On Nov 22, 2019
Personally I will pick the Peugeot 406 a million times over that shitty Toyota corolla. If you decide to get the Peugeot 406 get the Peugeot car scanner and have a little background in electrical engineering or how to troubleshoot electrical issues and you should be good to go. That toyota corolla na thief magnet.

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by 0taPiaPia(m): 1:40pm On Nov 23, 2019
MusaDanladi1:
Personally I will pick the Peugeot 406 a million times over that shitty Toyota corolla. If you decide to get the Peugeot 406 get the Peugeot car scanner and have a little background in electrical engineering or how to troubleshoot electrical issues and you should be good to go. That toyota corolla na thief magnet.

“Thief magnet” exactly my fear with that car. I have personally witnessed two raids in which as usual the brain box and door control were gone and I will have to replace the shattered glass too.

Again, can a 406 easily be resold ?
Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by MusaDanladi1: 1:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
0taPiaPia:

“Thief magnet” exactly my fear with that car. I have personally witnessed two raids in which as usual the brain box and door control were gone and I will have to replace the shattered glass too.

Yes it can. If you scroll up in this thread, I think there is one for sale up there. And if you decide to get the Peugeot 406, Join the Peugeot community here on nairaland and on watsapp and Mr Ikenna351 will gladly help you out with any issues that will arise. He's the Peugeot god we have and he's a God sent individual. Very humble man and alwas willing to help out.

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by VolvoS60(m): 3:08pm On Nov 23, 2019
tongue

To think I was the first to use the phrase "lion kings" on this platform...

I should have trademarked it and forced all other users to pay me royalties...on this forum at least... tongue

For the OP and others like him who have the same question - think carefully about what matters most to you in a car. Is is the styling? Handling? Ergonomics? Performance? Ride Comfort? Reliability? Fuel economy? Resale value? Build Quality? Fit and finish? Running costs? The list is almost endless.

Choose the car which ticks the boxes which matter most to you. Just make sure your choice is an informed one. Also remember that some of the things mentioned above are objective and can be measured while others are not.

That's all.

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by OfficialSam(m): 4:01pm On Nov 23, 2019
0taPiaPia:

It all depends on where you reside. I learnt Corolla vandalism is rampant in Lagos, Port Harcourt & Abuja. I reside in Akwa Ibom; Uyo to be precise. I have not heard of a corolla that has been stolen or vandalized in my region.

Personally, I will choose corolla over the 406 without blinking, no matter where i reside. Its resale value is second to none. I see some corollas being advertised on nairaland, and within a week, it has been sold out. Try that with a Peugeot. You go wait sote Jesus Christ go come grin

My advice for Corolla owners:
*Install alarm system.
*Buy steering or pedals lock
*Rent a well fenced and secured apartment
*Always pack your car in well lighted area at night.
*Install a tracker( just in case your car is snatched at gun point).

3 Likes

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by Ikenna351(m): 10:01pm On Nov 23, 2019
How Unreliable or Bad Peugeot 406 Is After 19 years of Usage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lP36je8Rnc&t=5s

Ikenna351 - Monk

7 Likes

Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 23, 2019
king406:
2004 406 without a second thought.
Is the rumour about the automatic transmission of the 406 true.
Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
mammanbawa:

Sometimes, I wonder what people refer to as "reliable". Is it a car that has the most sought after parts, crappy suspension and terrible handling? Of course not. Op, you should know what you want in a car, but I don't think the d9 lion has anything you want absent (tremendous fuel economy , wonderful handling, stability, speed and aesthetics to mention a few). Of course it has its bad sides and that's natural. I'm a proud owner and I tell you it will never be a regret buying the lion. Cheers
Picture: the lion in its sleep
Do you use a manual tranny or automatic.
Re: Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) by Avedonn: 10:49pm On Nov 23, 2019
Ikenna351:
How Unreliable or Bad Peugeot 406 Is After 19 years of Usage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lP36je8Rnc&t=5s

Ikenna351 - Monk

Ikenna your love for 406 is likes of a love a father got for his child. The passion in your voice says it all.

For me, I belonged to the HONDA family. Nice review thou.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saudi Women Celebrate News They Will Finally Be Allowed To Drive / Check Out This New Yamaha Three-wheeler Beast Of A Machine / The New 2019 Honda Insight Looks Just Like A Honda Accord/civic Hybrid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.