Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Jimi Agbaje's Letter On Why He Withdrew From Pdp Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje's Letter On Why He Withdrew From Pdp Race (478 Views)

DSS To Arrest Samuel Ogundipe Who Leaked Monguno's Letter On Abba Kyari - SIGNAL / Why Akpabio Withdrew From Senatorial Rerun - PDP / Real Reasons Odigie Oyegun Withdrew From APC Chairmanship - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje's Letter On Why He Withdrew From Pdp Race by JKisOK(m): 2:55pm On Dec 09, 2017
8th December 2017
The Chairman
PDP National Convention Planning Committee
Wadata Plaza
Abuja.

WITHDRAWAL OF CANDIDATURE FOR NATIONAL CHAIRMAN OF PDP

Our great party, the Peoples Democratic Party, has, from inception, adopted certain principles, which have evenly balanced offices amongst the country's geo-political zones. In line with such and other parameters, I have, at different fora, expressed my strong belief that the next National Chairman should come from the South-West.

I am however convinced that with 7 out of all 9 aspirants coming from the South-West, this multiplicity of contenders will work to the detriment of our zone when it comes to voting. Delegates' votes split 7 ways will not produce a chairman from the South-West. It therefore becomes necessary to prune our number down to no more than two.

With less than 24 hours to the convention, I have painfully decided to withdraw from the race hoping that others will join me in bringing down the number such that the South-West can have a fighting chance of clinching the National Chairmanship of the PDP.

The support from serving and past governors, senators, members of the House of Representatives, women, youth and opinion leaders has been tremendous. While sincerely thanking them for their unflinching loyalty, I empathize with the great disappointment they must feel at this decision. I plead that we all put the overall interest of PDP first.

I pledge my support to whoever emerges as the National Chairman as determined at the National Convention.

Kindly take this letter as my formal notice of withdrawal from the race for National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party.

It is time to Rebuild, Unite, Now!

Long live the Peoples Democratic Party.

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Yours Sincerely, 
JIMI AGBAJE OON

cc. Chairman
National Caretaker Committee

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje's Letter On Why He Withdrew From Pdp Race by boss01: 2:57pm On Dec 09, 2017
Ok. We don hear

(1) (Reply)

Endsars Rally Commences In Nigeria As Protesters Give IG 21 Days Ultimatum / Nigerian David Adindu Jailed In U.S. For Email Scams / President Buhari Swears In 7 Perm Sec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.