Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report (1035 Views)

Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust / Sack Of Usman Mohammed, TCN Boss Pits SGF Against COS / Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by realjoker(m): 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2017
Data from the official website of the System Operator (SO) , which is in charge of monitoring power generation records shows that a new milestone was recorded on Friday 8-12-2017

System Performance
08/12/2017
Highest Frequency
50.80 Hz
Lowest Frequency
49.87 Hz
Peak Generation
5,155.90 MW
Lowest Generation
3,981.50 MW
Total Energy Sent Out
103,651.93 MWH

Source: www.nsong.org

Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 09, 2017
Longest time bro.......our generation was around 7,000+mw some months ago, it's getting lower as a matter of fact.
Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by femicyrus(m): 6:18pm On Dec 09, 2017
I was excited initially but the OP 's name is real joker.
Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by abescom: 6:20pm On Dec 09, 2017
Not worth celebrating yet. We have the resources to generate 10k megawatts if there is the political will. It is a big insult that a country with so much resources as ours is suffering from power supply. It is a big slap on our face as nation.
Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by realjoker(m): 6:25pm On Dec 09, 2017
shervydman:
Longest time bro.......our generation was around 7,000+mw some months ago, it's getting lower as a matter of fact.
No. 5,155.90 is the highest peak generation we have ever attained, don't mistaken available capacity with peak generation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by zombieHUNTER: 6:27pm On Dec 09, 2017
What kind of joke is this

Ask anybody who resides at Abraham adesanya estate Ajah... When last they saw nepa light in the neighborhood

Just ask..... Nonsense
Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by realjoker(m): 6:27pm On Dec 09, 2017
femicyrus:
I was excited initially but the OP 's name is real joker.
grin this is not a joke, our generation has improved immensely in the last couple of weeks, we have been doing between; 4,500- 5,000MW peak generation and 3,300-3,600 lowest generation on a constant basis.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by Blue3k(m): 6:29pm On Dec 09, 2017
Hmm good for him now break record capacity added. That can easily be done completing projects. The amount were generating should be way more if we want industrialized economy.
Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 09, 2017
Excel sheet information
Rainy season
Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by realjoker(m): 6:38pm On Dec 09, 2017
abescom:
Not worth celebrating yet. We have the resources to generate 10k megawatts if there is the political will. It is a big insult that a country with so much resources as ours is suffering from power supply. It is a big slap on our face as nation.
Honestly our power generation is a big slap on our reputation. But with the liquidity crisis rocking all segments of the power value chain I don't think we can attain 10,000MW unless if the government is willing to subsidize power transmitted to the discos which I doubt. 6,000MW is government target as from 1st of January next year and all discos have been notified about this plan.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by abescom: 6:44pm On Dec 09, 2017
realjoker:
Honestly our power generation is a big slap on our reputation. But with the liquidity crisis rocking all segments of the power value chain I don't think we can attain 10,000MW unless if the government is willing to subsidize power transmitted to the discos which I doubt. 6,000MW is government target as from 1st of January next year and all discos have been notified about this plan.

The real problem in my opinion is not the generation ( well not only it) but distribution. Since Tuesday, I only used generator for two hours today. We have near 20 hours power supply in my area and not just for this week but the close to two years I have lived here. Whereas some people have not had for two weeks.

As a blogger, I enjoy the constant supply of power but do others enjoy it? Why the preferential treatment of some areas?

That distribution issue needs to be dealt with and asap then we focus on the saboteurs sabotaging the generation aspect.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by abujamal: 6:53pm On Dec 09, 2017
Electricity is improving and nobody is praising fasola, but when other side arises we will start calling for his resignation.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by realjoker(m): 7:03pm On Dec 09, 2017
abescom:

The real problem in my opinion is not the generation ( well not only it) but distribution. Since Tuesday, I only used generator for two hours today. We have near 20 hours power supply in my area and not just for this week but the close to two years I have lived here. Whereas some people have not had for two weeks.

As a blogger, I enjoy the constant supply of power but do others enjoy it? Why the preferential treatment of some areas?

That distribution issue needs to be dealt with and asap then we focus on the saboteurs sabotaging the generation aspect.
Same here, and the high disparity of power supply to different area in the same city is based on the percentage of the revenue collected from power supplied to a particular area, if the percentage of revenue collected from a power supplied to a particular area is low EDCs will reduce the amount of power being supplied to that particular area and redistribute it to other area they are sure of collecting a higher percentage of revenue on power supplied.
Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by Daviddson(m): 7:14pm On Dec 09, 2017
Nigeria keeps on celebrating mediocrity! I'm still yet to understand why a country of nearly 180m people should be generating meagre 5000MW. This should have been for Lagos state alone.
Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 09, 2017
Blue3k:
Hmm good for him now break record capacity added. That can easily be done completing projects. The amount were generating should be way more if we want industrialized economy.
Daviddson:
Nigeria keeps on celebrating mediocrity! I'm still yet to understand why a country of nearly 180m people should be generating meagre 5000MW. This should have been for Lagos state alone.
Nigeria actually has an installed capacity of 11000+mw as u can see from the table above, I think the problem is transmission. Our national grid transmission can't handle it.

On a lighter note, if Nigeria is to be an industrialised country, she has to produce and transmit more than that but let her produce for the masses first before industrialization.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by kings09(m): 9:40pm On Dec 09, 2017
Na lie yet we keep paying for darkness.

Buhari sef , wat a failure
Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by Lanretoye(m): 10:42pm On Dec 09, 2017
hitting this all time high is like hitting an iceberg,It will definitely collapse.
Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 10:48pm On Dec 09, 2017
abujamal:
Electricity is improving and nobody is praising fasola, but when other side arises we will start calling for his resignation.
You smoke shiit ,no light and those cows brought a bill of almost 5000

Buhari no go live pass him....
Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by toolovely(m): 12:19am On Dec 10, 2017
Seriously, and we are having just two hours of light every day for the past 3 months?

Before, I used to call phed that we've not had light for like two days but since they installed prepaid meters to us, I don't bother calling them again. Atleast they are the ones losing now. I used to pay 5k every month before now whether there was light or not. But I recharged 2k for almost three months and it's still remaining about 29... units....
Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by toolovely(m): 12:23am On Dec 10, 2017
abescom:

Come to ph, that's where the preferential treatment is on the high.
You hear federal line and community line. People close to you will be having light 247 and you don't even see for more than 2 hours? I sincerely don't understand the rationale behind that kind of arrangement....

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by cetzak: 12:55am On Dec 10, 2017
I never see light today even for the highbrow Lekki?
Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by SouthEastFacts: 1:02am On Dec 10, 2017
PDP is holding their convention and APC wants to deflect attention with fake news.
Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by realjoker(m): 8:56am On Dec 10, 2017
SouthEastFacts:
PDP is holding their convention and APC wants to deflect attention with fake news.
The Deflection will begin next year January when the FG increase the daily generation to 6,000MW and force the discos to start accepting load and the worst your people destroying party can do is to start bombing oil and gas pipeline all over again.
Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by SalamRushdie: 9:03am On Dec 10, 2017
Another lies from the pits of hell ..Nigeria is currently producing well below 3000 MW and that is why i get just an average of just 3 hours of electricity a day ..As i dey talk now I havent seen electricity in my home since I went to watch copa lagos yesterday and came home late and now I have woken up to still no electricity
Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by SouthEastFacts: 9:08am On Dec 10, 2017
realjoker:
The Deflection will begin next year January when the FG increase the daily generation to 6,000MW and force the discos to start accepting load and the worst your people destroying party can do is to start bombing oil and gas pipeline all over again.
You mean about 3 weeks from today?
Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by realjoker(m): 11:21am On Dec 10, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

You mean about 3 weeks from today?
Yes, you should better prepare to improve on your wailing prowess 2018 will be a tough year for wailers turn ipob yoots.
Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by realjoker(m): 11:23am On Dec 10, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Another lies from the pits of hell ..Nigeria is currently producing well below 3000 MW and that is why i get just an average of just 3 hours of electricity a day ..As i dey talk now I havent seen electricity in my home since I went to watch copa lagos yesterday and came home late and now I have woken up to still no electricity
Move to a better area that pays their light bills at when due
Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by SalamRushdie: 11:26am On Dec 10, 2017
realjoker:
Move to a better area that pays their light bills at when due

So you contribute money together to pay pHCN bills in ur area ..I am not understanding ...There is no house without a prepaid meter where i stay so o dont get ur point
Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by realjoker(m): 11:43am On Dec 10, 2017
SalamRushdie:

So you contribute money together to pay pHCN bills in ur area ..I am not understanding ...There is no house without a prepaid meter where i stay so o dont get ur point
And how many of them by-pass the prepaid meter? EDC will sale most of the limited amount of energy they receive from TCN to places they are sure of recouping higher percentage of revenue to power supplied from
Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by Elose11(m): 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2017
realjoker:
grin this is not a joke, our generation has improved immensely in the last couple of weeks, we have been doing between; 4,500- 5,000MW peak generation and 3,300-3,600 lowest generation on a constant basis.
You guys are jokers! I live in Abuja. Some months ago, we were getting on average about 5 hours daily. But for the last 3 weeks, we will be lucky to get 3 hrs of light. So where is your so called increase going to? Aso rock, i suppose!

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit A New All Time High - 5,155MW - TCN Operational Report by realjoker(m): 3:07pm On Dec 10, 2017
Elose11:

You guys are jokers! I live in Abuja. Some months ago, we were getting on average about 5 hours daily. But for the last 3 weeks, we will be lucky to get 3 hrs of light. So where is your so called increase going to? Aso rock, i suppose!
Lol. Say that to the various GENCOs and DISCOs that are in the hand of private investors, if government is lying about the figures of power generated, GENCOs and DISCOs have no reason to lie about the amount of power they generate or receive. If you live in one of the area that is notorious for energy theft you should better move to another area.

(1) (Reply)

Forgotten Facts : Nigeria’s Ballistic Missile Program. / ”when Are We Going To Get It Right As A Country?- Kano State Governor’s Daughter / BREAKING: What El-zakzaky Told Journalists Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.