Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC (11416 Views)

COZA Is Going Ahead With Scheduled Annual Event Despite Rape Allegation Scandal / Dunamis Glory Sanctuary, The Lord’s Garden Abuja, The World's Biggest Auditorium / Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 09, 2017
Bishop David Abioye dishes out Shiloh 2017 statistics confirmIng Nigerian Churches as major pilgrimage centers and gospel tourism as biggest source of tourism in Nigeria as Winners Chapel celebrates Tanzanian Independence Day.

By Leke Beecroft

It has been asserted by the Nigerian Tourism Development Commission that the biggest form of tourism in Nigeria is as a result of Church programs every end of year in Nigeria bringing social and economic benefits to Nigeria as a nation. Some of the major events that have led to this mass movement of people into the country are The Experience, a Christian concert, Holy Ghost Congress, the largest gathering of humans in Africa, Shiloh, Deeper Life Bible Retreat as well as many other ministries all over Nigeria.

Here are the mind boggling figures from Shiloh 2017, a program held by Living Faith Church aka Winners’ Chapel as presented by the First Vice President, Bishop David Abioye:

54 Nations in total were at Shiloh 2017.
Among them were delegates from Yemen, Ukraine, UAE, Costa Rica, US, UK, Australia and many others while 150 nations were connected online.

The highest number of delegates came from
Ghana with 950 delegates.
Benin Republic-767
Togo-354
United Kingdom-295
Cameroon-252
Côte d’Ivoire-247
USA-206
Kenya-161 among others.

In the 5000+ branches in Nigeria alone, there were a minimum of 1 million people gathered worshipping online while in Lagos and environs alone, there were over 110 viewing centers with over 100,000 people connected and that apart from Canaanland with well over 250,000 present.

Also, Tens of Thousands were also gathered in over 1000 branches around the world with millions gathered around their personal computers exceeding the 7 million on the same platform in 2016.

Also, Tanzania holds her 56th independence anniversary today and it was celebrated with prayers as members of the Tanzanian Church stood up dancing and rejoicing as shown on the screen as prayers were made for the nation previously led by the late great nationalist, Mwalimu Julius Nyerere, from all over the world.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1233766660100536&id=444807728996437

8 Likes

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 09, 2017
The highlight of this Shiloh for me was hearing Bishop Oyedepo's Son preach on the Cost of Diligence and Sacrifice. That message got straight down into my spirit. The guy seems even more worded than his father. The only thing the father has more than he is a wealth of experience. I'm certain that when/if they pass the leadership of the Church to him he would do exceedingly well.

It was also chillling to see so many Africans gathered at one place. The last I saw so much diversity like this was at the TEF programme which held this year. One must commend the living faith missions especially in Ghana and Kenya!
The Attribute of a Living Church is Growth. The Early Church grew by thousands in days. Hence the Church must continue to grow in leaps and bounds. God bless RCCG, LFC, Deeperlife, MFM et al for the great work. These Churches have turned principalities over Africa and even world over. But as Christ tarries I would live to see the day they disciple White, Arab, Hispanic Men and Women.

Looking forward to Redemption camp 2018!

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by Spaxon(f): 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2017
It's an Era of the Church

10 Likes

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by DangotePikin: 10:03pm On Dec 09, 2017
I agree. I remember one research saying synagogue church brings tourists to Nigeria more than any organization some years ago.

7 Likes

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 10, 2017
On the issue of Tourism I hope Nigeria can encourage Churches to encourage their foreign members on coming for these Conventions. I know how overwhelmed traders around Shiloh were, how hotels were completely booked off and people were offering ridiculously high amounts to staff of the church and university to vacate their properties for the duration of Shiloh.
RCCG's convention is at another level entirely! So the govt needs to help by rapid visa processing (in case there is need for one), providing more security for hotels around Ota environ and not just convention site etc.

Lalasticlala TheVictorious

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by TheVictorious(m): 8:37am On Dec 10, 2017
I'm currently doing a research on this, assessing the international tourist arrivals in Nigeria for a given period of time and looking at these figures here, I'm shocked because the number of citizens of some countries that came to Nigeria for Shiloh alone is almost 90% of the total amount of their citizens that visited Nigeria in some years!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by fellowman: 8:41am On Dec 10, 2017
Statsocial:
The highlight of this Shiloh for me was hearing Bishop Oyedepo's Son preach on the Cost of Diligence and Sacrifice. That message got straight down into my spirit. The guy seems even more worded than his father. The only thing the father has more than he is a wealth of experience. I'm certain that when/if they pass the leadership of the Church to him he would do exceedingly well.

It was also chillling to see so many Africans gathered at one place. The last I saw so much diversity like this was at the TEF programme which held this year. One must commend the living faith missions especially in Ghana and Kenya!
The Attribute of a Living Church is Growth. The Early Church grew by thousands in days. Hence the Church must continue to grow in leaps and bounds. God bless RCCG, LFC, Deeperlife, MFM et al for the great work. These Churches have turned principalities over Africa and even world over. But as Christ tarries I would live to see the day they disciple White, Arab, Hispanic Men and Women.

Looking forward to Redemption camp 2018!

so Oyedepo will hand over the church to his son. is that what you mean? like his son will inherit the father's church.

9 Likes

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by jayAjoku(m): 8:50am On Dec 10, 2017
If this is true then the government should think about building vacation spots close to the convention center. I'm sure revenue would come out from there

3 Likes

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by BruncleZuma: 8:52am On Dec 10, 2017
grin grin grin grin

See industry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by felixomor: 8:52am On Dec 10, 2017
Hallelujah!
Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by money121(m): 8:53am On Dec 10, 2017
Business Center grin
Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by Samusu(m): 8:53am On Dec 10, 2017
fellowman:

so Oyedepo will hand over the church to his son. is that what you mean? like his son will inherit the father's church.
Yhu too notice am abi.

4 Likes

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by olusholajohn(m): 8:54am On Dec 10, 2017
The GATE of HELL(DADDY FREEZER) shall never prevail over d church

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by AkpaMgbor(m): 8:55am On Dec 10, 2017
The church builds schools, hospitals, roads and still attract foreign tourists?? What then is the usefulness of the government the people of Nigeria elected?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by Babzrockman: 8:56am On Dec 10, 2017
.......and some will be blinded politically to say islamization of Nigeria.
Nigeria is no small country that one group and or a leader will islamized...
God bless Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by AkpaMgbor(m): 8:56am On Dec 10, 2017
The church is already the government...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by laurel03(m): 8:58am On Dec 10, 2017
Nigerians and religion.... other countries exporting technology and Nigeria is exporting religion.

8 Likes

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by Pavore9: 8:59am On Dec 10, 2017
Na so.
Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by just2endowed: 9:03am On Dec 10, 2017
Government won't look that way.
Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 10, 2017
fellowman:

is it your fathers church? or na you then go hand over to before?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by Nonnyflex(m): 9:14am On Dec 10, 2017
Really....
Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 10, 2017
This is true, apart from tb joshua dt receives tourists all year. But I think dts because he doesnt have branches.

Intl delegates are always many at d annual conventions of winners, redeemed, christ embassy, house on the rock, dunamis, church of god mission.etc.

This is very good. The church of jesus christ is and will continually be a powerful, unstoppable force in this country.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by franchasng: 9:15am On Dec 10, 2017
laurel03:
Nigerians and religion.... other countries exporting technology and Nigeria is exporting religion.
its very okay if we can be known for that my brother its good. It will help uplift our country's dead image abroad.

Seriously Nigerian Churches, movie industry (Nollywood) and our music industry are helping Nigeria's image abroad so much. If not for these 3 sectors, white people and other foreign nations will be seeing Nigeria as a land of dead monkeys, sadly embarassed embarassed

But thank God for giving us our powerful men of God, Nollywood actors and music artistes smiley

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:19am On Dec 10, 2017
laurel03:

And some people think this is a plus.

3 Likes

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by Infocitadel: 9:20am On Dec 10, 2017
aonag:

is it your fathers church? or na you then go hand over to before?
after papa oyedepo, the next in line is Abioye.

faith tabernacle is the church of God and not papa church. that's why you will never hear papa mention "my church", instead he will say *our church*.

Abioye will take over, not David jnr

8 Likes

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by Origamist: 9:28am On Dec 10, 2017
See how scanty the thread is.
If it was about tithing,the thread would have reached page 4 and counting with all sorts of individuals who don't pay tithes attacking pastors.
Yeye smells.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by KingOfSkills: 9:30am On Dec 10, 2017
So, annual church convention has been funding Nigeria's budget?
Yeye dey smell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by juman(m): 9:33am On Dec 10, 2017
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

See industry

grin grin grin grin
Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by juman(m): 9:35am On Dec 10, 2017
Where are those useless apc government people that promised even and earth on tourism?
Re: Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 10, 2017
Statsocial:
Bishop David Abioye dishes out Shiloh 2017 statistics confirmIng Nigerian Churches as major pilgrimage centers and gospel tourism as biggest source of tourism in Nigeria as Winners Chapel celebrates Tanzanian Independence Day.

By Leke Beecroft

It has been asserted by the Nigerian Tourism Development Commission that the biggest form of tourism in Nigeria is as a result of Church programs every end of year in Nigeria bringing social and economic benefits to Nigeria as a nation. Some of the major events that have led to this mass movement of people into the country are The Experience, a Christian concert, Holy Ghost Congress, the largest gathering of humans in Africa, Shiloh, Deeper Life Bible Retreat as well as many other ministries all over Nigeria.

Here are the mind boggling figures from Shiloh 2017, a program held by Living Faith Church aka Winners’ Chapel as presented by the First Vice President, Bishop David Abioye:

54 Nations in total were at Shiloh 2017.
Among them were delegates from Yemen, Ukraine, UAE, Costa Rica, US, UK, Australia and many others while 150 nations were connected online.

The highest number of delegates came from
Ghana with 950 delegates.
Benin Republic-767
Togo-354
United Kingdom-295
Cameroon-252
Côte d’Ivoire-247
USA-206
Kenya-161 among others.

In the 5000+ branches in Nigeria alone, there were a minimum of 1 million people gathered worshipping online while in Lagos and environs alone, there were over 110 viewing centers with over 100,000 people connected and that apart from Canaanland with well over 250,000 present.

Also, Tens of Thousands were also gathered in over 1000 branches around the world with millions gathered around their personal computers exceeding the 7 million on the same platform in 2016.

Also, Tanzania holds her 56th independence anniversary today and it was celebrated with prayers as members of the Tanzanian Church stood up dancing and rejoicing as shown on the screen as prayers were made for the nation previously led by the late great nationalist, Mwalimu Julius Nyerere, from all over the world.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1233766660100536&id=444807728996437

This shows how wasted Nigeria is.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Church History Outline / If You Are So Familiar With The Bible Rearrange These Popular Name. / The Credentials That Got David The Kingship Of Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.