Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,617 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Should The Federal Allocation To States Be Stopped To Encourage Productivity? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should The Federal Allocation To States Be Stopped To Encourage Productivity? (698 Views)

Federal Allocation For Lagos For January 2016 / Federal Allocation: Presidency Warns Fayose / Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should The Federal Allocation To States Be Stopped To Encourage Productivity? by kobonaija: 12:39am On Mar 31, 2010
It appears that the usual federal allocation contributes to underperformances and lack of accountability of the States, as they simply do not have to do anything but sit on their backsides, wait for it to come, and to wait again for another after squandering or simply misappropriating the funds.

If you own a company, you just don’t splash your money on people without expecting any productivity from them. Why are we running a whole country as if pouring water down the drain?

Should the federal allocation be gradually tapered off and discontinued over time to encourage novel productivity of each State? Then to assess the performances of each State, with some concrete plans made for any struggling State(s) and reward for the performing States. This will help drive competition and bring about the best from each of the States.
Re: Should The Federal Allocation To States Be Stopped To Encourage Productivity? by haronky7: 12:58am On Mar 31, 2010
Can someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we're meant to be practising Federalism which if well engineered should bring about productivity, but in reality we're nowhere close to Federalism.

This idea will have difficulty implementing though, and our leaders wont buy the idea because you're probably blocking someone's personal allocation for the month. I don't think we have the political will for such an idea, as good as it seems. Some might embark on a campaign of opposition and intimadation, and fearfullu still to the point of killing to block such a notion.

We can only dream it I'm afraid undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should The Federal Allocation To States Be Stopped To Encourage Productivity? by hardywaltz(m): 2:36am On Mar 31, 2010
While at it, we should ban the use of Generators to force NEPA to give us power always.

(1) (Reply)

What Are Your Opinions About Cnn's Doll Test? / Tanker Loaded With Fuel Kill 30 In Lagos / Nuhu Ribadu Refutes Pastor Bakare’s Sermon Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.