Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Clarification On The Benin- Lagos Controversy By #movingon - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Clarification On The Benin- Lagos Controversy By #movingon (559 Views)

Who Really Owns The Benin Bronzes? / Emir Of Kano: His 2 Rolls Royces At The Center Of The Controversy (PHOTOS) / Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Clarification On The Benin- Lagos Controversy By #movingon by Movingon: 12:21am On Dec 11, 2017
I thought it wise to drop this brief clarification in order to put an end to this lingering controversy over the benin ownership of lagos if i can but dont blame me for trying but i am stating categorically oral accounts of what our elders have severally recounted for us the younger generations and what are also clearly documented in the archives of the history of this nation NIGERIA... THE BENIN'S ARE THE TRUE OWNERS OF LAGOS. FULL STOP.....................

YOU SEE, FACT IS FACT. HISTORY IS THERE FOR A REASON. GIVE HONOR AND RESPECT TO THOSE WHO DESERVES IT. THESE VARIOUS ROYAL FATHERS AND MOTHERS THAT ARE COMING OUT TO SAY THIS PAINFUL TRUTH WERE NOT PAID BY THE OBA OF BENIN NEITHER WERE THEY INDUCED BY ANY OTHER MEANS, THEY WOULD HAVE ALSO CHOSEN TO DISTORT THE TRUTH OR TO LIE OUTRIGHTLY LIKE VERY FEW GULLIBLE ONES HAVE DONE IN ORDER TO ASCRIBE UNDESERVED HONOR AND RESPECT TO THEMSELVES FOR MORE PRESENT OR FUTURE GAINS OR TO ELEVATE THEIR CLANS OR TRIBE BUT THEY CAME OUT TO SPEAK THE TRUTH AND STATE THE FACTS AS IT IS. NOTE: WE ARE NOT DRAGGING LAGOS WITH THE PRESENT INHABITANTS BECAUSE WE HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH LAND TO DEVELOP AND ENJOY BUT THE TRUTH REMAINS THE SAME. WE CREATED LAGOS. IT WAS MORE CLOSER TO THE SEAS THAN ANY OTHER AREA OF OUR EMPIRE, IT WAS FOR BUSINESS AND MILITARY ADVENTURES. SO WE OWN IT JUST ACCEPT THE FACT AND PAY THE NECESSARY HOMAGE TO THE OBA OF BENIN LIKE YOUR RESPECTABLE ANCESTORS DID IN TIME PAST AND OF WHICH MOST OF YOUR TOP MONARCHS ARE STILL DOING UP TILL TOMORROW.... E.G OUR LOVING SON, THE OBA OF LAGOS WHO IS A DIRECT DESCENDANT FROM OUR PRESTIGIOUS IMPERIAL MAJESTY THE OBA OF BENIN... IF YOU DONT BELIEVE THEN GO AND ASK QUESTIONS FROM THE BRITISH OR FROM THE NIGERIA GOVERNMENT OR THE RECOGNIZED MONARCHS IN LAGOS BUT PLEASE AND PLEASE LET THE TRUTH LIVE ON FOR POSTERITY SAKE.... THANKS TO THOSE THAT ARE WILLING AND ABLE TO LEARN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Clarification On The Benin- Lagos Controversy By #movingon by sotall(m): 6:30am On Dec 11, 2017
Learn to write properly. Typing in capital letters means you are shouting
Re: Clarification On The Benin- Lagos Controversy By #movingon by AxxeMan: 7:05pm On Dec 11, 2017
Nice Write Up Bro

Oba GHA to kpehe ...... Ise

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ilorin Afonja History Is Repeating Itself In Oyo State! / 9 Reasons Why I Can’t Stand Modern-day Feminists / History Of Adamawa State : Full Geographical Map,culture & Tribe, "Full Details"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.