Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,248 members, 7,853,254 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:11 PM

If Nigeria Breaks Up, Would East And West Stay Together? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Nigeria Breaks Up, Would East And West Stay Together? (560 Views)

Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. / Should Nigeria Stay Together, Or Be Broken Apart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Nigeria Breaks Up, Would East And West Stay Together? by Realvoice(m): 8:03am On Mar 31, 2010
All these recent talk from various quarters including Gadarffi for Nigeria to break into 'two' as got me thinking, Eastern and Western appears to be very tolerant of each other and better integrated socially, culturally and physically (if you know what I mean).

So my question is; should Nigeria break up what do you think is the chance of the entire Southern Nigeria staying together? Would you support such a union or advocate for further split?
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Would East And West Stay Together? by kosovo(m): 8:12am On Mar 31, 2010
Not a chance!
I think i was hearing 6 fractions. . . That would be much better, though i do not support the Break-up stuff. With the right policies we can redeem the dreams of our founding fathers!
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Would East And West Stay Together? by Ikengawo: 8:17am On Mar 31, 2010
at the height of segergation, if someone told the americans to split between white and black they would curse
at the height of the cold war, if someone told the germanys to remain seperate they would curse you
at the height of no real unique social strain on nigerian's unity whatsoever the same man that suggested he be the 'king of africa' tells your country to split up and you'll consider it.

if someone comes to my village and tells us to seperate though like all villages all we do is fight verbally and physically, we will curse them.

this is an attack on your global village, nigeria is your greatest god given stake on this planet and history. Anyone telling my to break it up will be cursed.
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Would East And West Stay Together? by tundewoods(m): 9:27am On Mar 31, 2010
Whats up with all this break up threads sef ! Personally i don't even see Nigeria breaking up even a 100 years from now. grin

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Keys / Presidency No Longer The Turn Of North - Onyeagocha ( Is He Mad ? ) / Reps To Ban Oversea Education For Public Office Holders Wards.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.