Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) (77653 Views)

Bernard Madoff: The Man Who Ran The World's Largest Ponzi Scheme Dies / World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC / Africa is Now the World’s Largest Single Continental Market (2) (3) (4)

Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by Greenbuoy(m): 6:58am On Dec 12, 2017
dlaw70:

stop pretending u don't know its the
Benin Afonjas.
Afonja na Afonja anywhere

Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by ensamy(m): 7:08am On Dec 12, 2017
ok I now see why many indigenous people of Lagos state too dey like ritual, fetish and sacrifice, all due to the proximity of Benin republic. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 12, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

so is jesus or the pedophile arab deity real?
all existing religion and deity can be said to be "real" based solely on individual beliefs,fantasy and imagination not on facts nor authenticity,these beliefs and religion all come with a manufactured date and surely has an expiration date as they are not the first nor would they be the last the earth alone has existed for hundreds billion of years or even more something non of the known religion supports but has alredy been poven through science.but then whatever you believe in is what works for you.
Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by Hawlahscho(m): 7:21am On Dec 12, 2017
IamLaura:
Indians practice Buddhism,Asians practice hinduism,some whites are atheists,satanists etc...
Traditional religion is indigenous to We Africans so I can not and have no right to condemn them for still practicing the religion of their ancestors like so many other races do.
Everyone has the right to practice whatever religion they believe in,at the end of the day what matters most is the heart and how we apply whatever doctrine we claim to believe in to our relationships with people around us.
I've met some really terrible Christians and some good muslims,and vice versa so your religion doesn't automatically make you better than the other person.
Shalom
(I'm a Christian btw,and a firm believer of Christ)

Edit:* They have started mentioning me for not being hateful and judgmental,who am I to judge??
Even the people of old in the Bible practiced animal sacrifice so what's the difference between that and this?
No matter how you hate to admit it religion is man-made and each religion has FLAWS,just follow whatever works for you and leave others to their belief.

You will flourish in life.

Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by bahaushe1: 7:39am On Dec 12, 2017
Thank God for the light of religion. Man was indeed in total darkness.
Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:13am On Dec 12, 2017
my Yoruba neighbours and their distance Togolese cousins are birds of the same feathers... all the human skull mine in Ogun state this is it final destination... Ndia self TUFIAKWA
Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by IamLaura(f): 8:19am On Dec 12, 2017
Hawlahscho:

You will flourish in life.

Amen oh
Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 12, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

Everyday some foolish Nairalander comes up with a topic on how he killed an endangered animal here on fp. where is your compassion then?

Have you read all my comments on those atrocities committed against endangered species or are you just being opinionated because you have to speak for and support that form of religion and practices shown on the thread?

I’m not against paganism, traditional religion but I’m strongly against the use of humans through sacrifices and killings in the practice of any religion. That is evil.

We’ve seen people lying by the road sides and bush paths with heads decapitated, body parts missing because somebody apparently used that for sacrifices or voodoo practices.

Those people if and when caught along with their senders and collaborators should be punished severely. They are sub humans.

Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 12, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

I'm a born Pagan/Traditionalist.

Does that mean I go around killing people. kindly shut up with your ignorance.

Did you read my post well? Did you see where I specified that those who kill or would kill??

Did you see the environment shown in the picture? Do you consider that hygienic? Where are the sources of the organs and materials sold in that place?

If you kill or would kill for sacrifices or for some other reasons, then you are included in those I referred to.
Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:44am On Dec 12, 2017
gbosaa:

Did you read my post well? Did you see where I specified that those who kill or would kill??

Did you see the environment shown in the picture? Do you consider that hygienic? Where are the sources of the organs and materials sold in that place?

If you kill or would kill for sacrifices or for some other reasons, then you are included in those I referred to.

What is hygenic ? havent you visited a butcher area. its even worse than this with blood and entrails everywhere.

Dont tell me you are vegan. are you saying you dont consume animals?
Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:49am On Dec 12, 2017
gbosaa:

Have you read all my comments on those atrocities committed against endangered species or are you just being opinionated because you have to speak for and support that form of religion and practices shown on the thread?

I’m not against paganism, traditional religion but I’m strongly against the use of humans through sacrifices and killings in the practice of any religion. That is evil.

We’ve seen people lying by the road sides and bush paths with heads decapitated, body parts missing because somebody apparently used that for sacrifices or voodoo practices.

Those people if and when caught along with their senders and collaborators should be punished severely. They are sub humans.

No traditionalist does human sacrifice these days. those who indulge in it are cultists. even in Yoruba there is a special word for them ,"Onisegun". they are different from Babalawo who are community priests.

and i wont lie to you. in the past criminals would be sacrificed by the state , those who were condemned to execution. but now such practices dont exist although there is no difference between hanging a person on a gibbet or on the altar. its one and the same.

Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 12, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

What is hygenic ? havent you visited a butcher area. its even worse than this with blood and entrails everywhere.

Dont tell me you are vegan. are you saying you dont consume animals?

Ive been to such a place and it was traumatising watching and knowing there are people who could stay there comfortably and eat their foods.

You’d see decaying parts. The stench was horrible. I’m just saying that killing for sacrifices is evil. That includes the pastors or their associates who bury body parts in the building foundations of their so-called churches.

I’m not vegan but I choose where I buy my meat and I’m of the opinion that our abattoir s must be strictly regulated. The environment, animals and certain procedures should be well regulated. Most of them in fact should be closed down for healthy reasons.
Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by alhajisocrates: 9:05am On Dec 12, 2017
JaffyJoe:
There go the answer to why so many animals are going extinct in West Africa. While our brothers in the East and Southern Africa conserve and make money off their rich wildlife from tourism, we kill ours, make charms out of them and most times, just eat them.

Tiger bones are sold in China.

Monkey skulls are sold in Asia.
Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by codemaniacs: 9:49am On Dec 12, 2017
zz
Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 12, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

Thats my religion.

what have u gained from worshipping dead jews or terrorist arab deity?

I don't worship dead Jews and paedophile Arabs, especially Mohammed. Your religion is also crap, of no damn use to me. Now what!!

Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by JaffyJoe(m): 10:38am On Dec 12, 2017
alhajisocrates:

Tiger bones are sold in China.

Monkey skulls are sold in Asia.

So that justifies it? Lol, do you even know that the penalty for killing some animals e.g Panda in China is outright death sentence?
Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by alhajisocrates: 10:58am On Dec 12, 2017
JaffyJoe:

So that justifies it? Lol, do you even know that the penalty for killing some animals e.g Panda in China is outright death sentence?

That does not stop the killing, panda parts are used by traditional Chinese medicine to treat intestinal, liver and cardiac-related diseases.

Which do you prefer, a dead Panda or a dead Human?
Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 12, 2017
emmalexabl:
After all. ..,we the afonjas are not the only skull minners in Africa!

Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by JaffyJoe(m): 11:43am On Dec 12, 2017
alhajisocrates:

That does not stop the killing, panda parts are used by traditional Chinese medicine to treat intestinal, liver and cardiac-related diseases.

Which do you prefer, a dead Panda or a dead Human?

And these ailments are not treatable with orthodox medicines abi? You sound like you wouldn't mind animal or even human sacrifices to the gods just to have your needs met whereas, the efficacy of some of these things have been debunked by science.

See, i subscribe to traditional healing where necessary to an extent, especially in areas where there are no reasonable access to modern healthcare but what happens then when the proponents of these methods run out of supply of these animal materials? Additionally, you and i know these things are used mostly for dark magic, luck charms, money rituals and the likes. The same intent that necessitate the use of rare animals, thereby sending them to extinction, is the same behind the use of humans for ritual purposes.
Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:02pm On Dec 12, 2017
gbosaa:

Ive been to such a place and it was traumatising watching and knowing there are people who could stay there comfortably and eat their foods.

You’d see decaying parts. The stench was horrible. I’m just saying that killing for sacrifices is evil. That includes the pastors or their associates who bury body parts in the building foundations of their so-called churches.

I’m not vegan but I choose where I buy my meat and I’m of the opinion that our abattoir s must be strictly regulated. The environment, animals and certain procedures should be well regulated. Most of them in fact should be closed down for healthy reasons.

Sacrificed meat is distributed to devotees. now what ? do you think we waste the sscrificed fowl or goat?

Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by alhajisocrates: 2:49pm On Dec 12, 2017
JaffyJoe:

And these ailments are not treatable with orthodox medicines abi? You sound like you wouldn't mind animal or even human sacrifices to the gods just to have your needs met whereas, the efficacy of some of these things have been debunked by science.

See, i subscribe to traditional healing where necessary to an extent, especially in areas where there are no reasonable access to modern healthcare but what happens then when the proponents of these methods run out of supply of these animal materials? Additionally, you and i know these things are used mostly for dark magic, luck charms, money rituals and the likes. The same intent that necessitate the use of rare animals, thereby sending them to extinction, is the same behind the use of humans for ritual purposes.

Human sacrifices kwa! Abeg oh!
Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by ariklawani(f): 2:59pm On Dec 12, 2017
RSVP:

Silly u...
Me sef dey fear ma sef cheesy
RSVP:

Silly u...
Me sef dey fear ma sef cheesy
Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by brixton: 3:38pm On Dec 12, 2017
Booked
Re: Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) by arewaboy01(m): 3:52pm On Dec 12, 2017
IamLaura:
Indians practice Buddhism,Asians practice hinduism,some whites are atheists,satanists etc...
Traditional religion is indigenous to We Africans so I can not and have no right to condemn them for still practicing the religion of their ancestors like so many other races do.
Everyone has the right to practice whatever religion they believe in,at the end of the day what matters most is the heart and how we apply whatever doctrine we claim to believe in to our relationships with people around us.
I've met some really terrible Christians and some good muslims,and vice versa so your religion doesn't automatically make you better than the other person.
Shalom
(I'm a Christian btw,and a firm believer of Christ)

Edit:* They have started mentioning me for not being hateful and judgmental,who am I to judge??
Even the people of old in the Bible practiced animal sacrifice so what's the difference between that and this?
No matter how you hate to admit it religion is man-made and each religion has FLAWS,just follow whatever works for you and leave others to their belief.
AFFIRMED

CBN Floats The Naira, The Implications For You And I / Jamil Abubakar: Meet Fatima Dangote's Pilot Husband-to-be (photos) / Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole