Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,024 members, 7,825,227 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died (1709 Views)

Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video / Red Ibo In Jamaica: A Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica / Corpse Of Igwe Henry Ekwueme, Eze Ndi Igbo In China Packaged; To Be Flown To Nig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by BabaRamota1980: 2:58am On Dec 11, 2017
What the freak is wrong with these people for God's sake?

Its my turn to write UN and ask for separation from yanminri.

It is strange that Eze Atum Akwara, the Onyerubi I of Abam, a man with powerful friends across Nigeria, died over five years ago, yet Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State is allowing the remains of the first class King, a man, who at a stage was the 4th highest ranking traditional ruler in the state to waste at the Madona Catholic Hospital mortuary, located along Old Aba Road, Umuahia.

Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu
To add insult to injury, miscreants from the deceased’s home town of Idima Abam, Arochukwu LGA, determined to rubbish the King’s legacy in death, late last year, using forged affidavit, went to the hospital and successfully collected the king’s remains, which they paraded within the Abam area, preparatory to burying the king’s remains in the dead of night, before family members, alerted hospital authorities of the fraud, until a Madona mortuary vehicle was despatched to Idima to retrieve the corpse.

The miscreants had erected canopies and even printed mourning vests. The impostors had succeeded in selling the king’s prime farmlands, popularly called Wor Wor, so to clear themselves of the burden of guilt, chose to will the proceeds to the king’s burial arrangements. An abominable act in Abam, as anywhere in Igboland, were it not that corrupt elders want to profit therefrom.

Alive, the king was known for his wisdom. His love for people went beyond Abam. His achievements are legendary, until he collided with a local politician, who used government resources to destroy the man’s image at home, razing his palace to the ground and finally, sending the king on forced exile.

Eze Atum Akwara with his family, spent 12 years in forced exile at the palace of Eze Aro, Eze Ogbonnaya Okoro. According to Eze Atum Akwara, Eze Aro gave him sanctuary following the intervention of then Governor Orji Uzor Kalu, following the destruction of his palace.

Still in exile, Eze Atum Akwara, went to court and triumphed over his adversaries who, eventually, were ordered by the presiding justice at Umuahia to run round the court premises as punishment and thereafter beg for forgiveness for their wrongs against the king.

This they did. The king later returned home to his native Idima Abam, where he tried to pick up the pieces of his life before succumbing to the cold hands of death.

Yet, the enemies of the king have tried to bring his name to odium. The state government, expected to play a pivot role in his burial arrangements seems unconcerned. Meanwhile, some elders of the community, part of the clique responsible for the man’s exile in the first place, are trying to profit from his demise.

According to sources, during his days in exile, some palace servants masquerading as family members, tried to dispossess the king’s family, most of whom were in exile too, of their lands. Egged on by the politician, these touts tried to sell off prime lands belonging to the family.

So, on his return and as customs demanded, the king approached the community elders, soliciting that community government hold his lands in trust until the determination of the cases he filed against trespassers in court. He never asked them to release his estate to his enemies, or dispossess his family at his death. Now that he is dead, the elders are conniving with these touts to sell his lands to the same politician who was instrumental to sending the king on forced exile in the first place.

This is exactly what the elders have done. They allegedly connived with the politician to approve sales of the lands even while the matter is still pending at a High Court in Umuahia. Members of the king’s family who tried to protest were banished and are themselves currently in another exile, including the crown prince, Rev. Ngozi Atum Akwara. It is the same clique that went to the mortuary to steal the corpse of the king, an abomination, if not that it happened while the state government looks elsewhere.

The way it is, the insult is not only on the body of the dead king, but on the community where he was king throughout his adult life. It is also an insult to the government of Abia State, the Arochukwu Local Government, and the entire Abam clan.

How can the Abia State government sit idly by, while the remains of its first class traditional ruler, the Onyerubi 1 of Ohaeke Abam, a man who was king before Abia State was carved out of Imo State, a man who was king, during the regime of Governor Amadi Ikwecheghi, is berated and scorned by his enemies. If the truth be told, the remains of the late Onyerubi I, does not deserve to be treated with such ignominy.

The king was sent on forced exile on trumped up and unfounded charges which had been vacated by a court of competent jurisdiction at Umuahia. So, why could the state government be punishing the remains of the king by not stepping in and giving him a befitting burial. Is it lawful for Governor Okezie Ikpeazu to claim that the king did not reign during his term as governor, afterall governance is a continuum.

One understands there are Idima sons serving in the cabinet of this governor, are they not telling him that their king had died? Or is their interest only in acquiring the man’s property, instigating criminals to illegally smuggle the man’s remains and burying the king in the dead of night as they planned to do late last year before the intervention of legitimate family members. Sure, in Abia State, there must be laws against swearing false affidavits.

This is appealing to the government of Abia State, to intervene to ensure that the remains of a man who served his community and his state with such candour is laid to rest in dignity.

http://news.bestnaira.com/posts/view/eze-atum-akwara-choices-before-abia-govt

Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by AxxeMan: 4:04am On Dec 11, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Shut up!

It took 5months to put Ojukwu in the soil. This one has taken 5yrs. Cover your face in shame. I should send this to Guinness World Records for entry. Freaks!

Let me ask you, has his wife drank the funeral water yet, or thats coming up?

As tempting as it is for me to decimate you on this thread, I will leave your Yoruba ass for the Igbo's to destroy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by AxxeMan: 4:23am On Dec 11, 2017
crackerspub:

Skull miner/Headmaster wetin concern you with our dead one.

Na your dead one undecided undecided

Abeg go mine head or yours will be minde by your brothers cheesy cheesy grin

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by crackerspub: 4:30am On Dec 11, 2017
Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State is allowing the remains of the first class King, a man, who at a stage was the 4th highest ranking traditional ruler in the state to waste at the Madona Catholic Hospital mortuary, located along Old Aba Road, Umuahia.

So Governor Okezie is now burial organizer

No go bury your king like any other king and invite the governor for the burial.

You guys should be complaining to repairing bad roads leading to the deceased king's house not complaining of small issues angry undecided

1 Like

Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by duduade: 4:33am On Dec 11, 2017
Looks like one of those nollywood films

1 Like

Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by Jaideyone(m): 4:35am On Dec 11, 2017
AxxeMan:
But why do you Yoruba's like looking for trouble and also be the first to cry out when you start getting roasted by the Igbo ppl.... Una get problem oo
hahahaha no ethnic group cries more than the ibo in this country.

-last week cry for government appointment
-two weeks ago cry for seaport(where will the government put it? in the air? grin) and international airport ( but ebele good luck their son built the best airport in the world in Enugu and Yorubas were jealous. what happened to the airport?)
-yesterday it was biafla; no lefelendum no election
-since they wanted to go arewa gave them quit notice and they still cried blue murder. the parasite told you to go and you cried again grin

-today is cry for IBO VP in 2019 and athiefkulate grin

I wonder what ibos will cry for tomorrow grin

pathetic drama queens cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by BabaRamota1980: 4:39am On Dec 11, 2017
Jaideyone:
hahahaha no ethnic group cries more than the ibo in this country.

-last week cry for government appointment
-two weeks ago cry for seaport(where will the government put it? in the air? grin) and international airport ( but ebele good luck their son built the best airport in the world in Enugu and Yorubas were jealous. what happened to the airport?)
-yesterday it was biafla; no lefelendum no election
-since they wanted to go arewa gave them quit notice and they still cried blue murder. the parasite told you to go and you cried again grin

-today is cry for IBO VP in 2019 and athiefkulate grin

I wonder what ibos will cry for tomorrow grin

pathetic drama queens cheesy

grin grin.
Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by crackerspub: 4:47am On Dec 11, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Human meat cannibal. Why una keep deadman for 5yrs? Dont join to feast on the body o...the meat don rot.

You still they take panadol for another person matter na wa cheesy cheesy

So now you know that majority of Igbos don't bury dead relations immediately, some do it to show class while some do it because the kids are not ready for the burial.

Baba Ramota this is not head mining business, please face front undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by LadySarah: 4:50am On Dec 11, 2017
It is a very foolish thought to expect Abia state gov to waste the little the state has to bury a man 99.9% of Abians alone do not know,when we still have a lot of projects to maje the state better.

Btw,how do we measure a burial done to dignify the dead?Did he specifically keep some money for his burial ,so that his family wont go hungry ,all in the name of a befitting burial!

I guess by now his bones has shrivelled and left the skeleton gaping.

I hate what we have become.Truth be told,we have to learn to put the dead below six ft simply the way they died and not showcase ourselves into trouble.

BabaRamota...,I hope your apathy towards the Igbo wont make your liver produce more bile than is neccessary.Stop with the hate,it does no good.

5 Likes

Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 11, 2017
since the loss of chairmanship cheesy

this particular humans from d w... have al gone insane

they said" igbo betray dem" grin.. like say ey get pact with ibo's before..

or say in dia little mind..that south east will abandon SS..for dem.

me dey try figure out..why the sudden outrage by aFons..

na him be say if Atiku Win.. wahala go dey..

regional sucide sure.. grin

but am loving all this. make d tribe cry wella..

cry jealous humans

3 Likes

Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by Nobody: 5:25am On Dec 11, 2017
Afons digging out propaganda to manage dia political sophistication..

Oya wetin concern..concern Aro people matter? nothing.

why you start thread.. i know no.. na igbo giant pursue me for dream wake up.. haaa.

wetin ibos do you.. sir it's just natural we hate dem.. they want to comot milk from cow mouth.. like ay we no knw..

haba..

una no want competition..healthy one..

OGa ooo..you wan kee us..how we wan take compete with igbo's.. we no reach em.. no talk again..

how we go do am nah to help your matter..

..just sustain our propaganda..against dem..
..but propaganda no work again..na..

Oga make we sustain am.. e go work.. anything dirty..just dig am up n published..keep throwing dirt.

Oga we've been doing that for ages..but e no work again..
no body dey believe us again..

haba..this matter Mad..
we go look for miner's.. there's always a way..

oga,this way no work again.. our people head go soon disappear finish..even me dey fear for mine..anything can happen.

na to join dem oh.. atleast make i still dey alive..
my head is important.

4 Likes

Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by chibuzorAbia: 5:42am On Dec 11, 2017
Igbos don't have any king..... Just village head.. There are no kings in Igboland.
Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by Bede2u(m): 6:23am On Dec 11, 2017
bounty007:
Afons digging out propaganda to manage dia political sophistication..

Oya wetin concern..concern Aro people matter? nothing.

why you start thread.. i know no.. na igbo giant pursue me for dream wake up.. haaa.

wetin ibos do you.. sir it's just natural we hate dem.. they want to comot milk from cow mouth.. like ay we no knw..

haba..

una no want competition..healthy one..

OGa ooo..you wan kee us..how we wan take compete with igbo's.. we no reach em.. no talk again..

how we go do am nah to help your matter..

..just sustain our propaganda..against dem..
..but propaganda no work again..na..

Oga make we sustain am.. e go work.. anything dirty..just dig am up n published..keep throwing dirt.

Oga we've been doing that for ages..but e no work again..
no body dey believe us again..

haba..this matter Mad..
we go look for miner's.. there's always a way..

oga,this way no work again.. our people head go soon disappear finish..even me dey fear for mine..anything can happen.

na to join dem oh.. atleast make i still dey alive..
my head is important.

Abeg help me tell them o

Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by BabaRamota1980: 12:47pm On Dec 11, 2017
LadySarah:

BabaRamota...,I hope your apathy towards the Igbo wont make your liver produce more bile than is neccessary.Stop with the hate,it does no good.

Chei! See how u take address me, and i use to think you are good wife. grin
Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by LaudateII: 1:22pm On Dec 11, 2017
AxxeMan:
As tempting as it is for me to decimate you on this thread, I will leave your Yoruba ass for the Igbo's to destroy

See the Igbo man pretending to be an Edo guy. Moderator, read his comments. This is a breach of rule 2. He is bullying and insulting a Nairalander. Kindly ban him for this breach.

1 Like

Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by LaudateII: 1:24pm On Dec 11, 2017
crackerspub:

So now you know that majority of Igbos don't bury dead relations immediately, some do it to show class while some do it because the kids are not ready for the burial.

BabaRamota come and reply this post, o! Am interested in your answer.... cheesy

Anyway, such long delays are an abomination in my tribe. Wait first, you mean the kids have not been ready for the burial, for the past 5 years??! shocked

1 Like

Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by AxxeMan: 1:27pm On Dec 11, 2017
LaudateII:

See the Igbo man pretending to be an Edo guy. Moderator, read his comments. This is a breach of rule 2. He is bullying and insulting a Nairalander. Kindly ban him for this breach.

Who be dis one? grin grin grin..... Laudate I am not like you who is too ashamed to tell everyone his tribe...Unceremonial cheerleader ... It is you who should be banned for alternate account on nairaland ....

Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by LaudateII: 3:33pm On Dec 11, 2017
AxxeMan:
Who be dis one? grin grin grin..... Laudate I am not like you who is too ashamed to tell everyone his tribe...Unceremonial cheerleader ... It is you who should be banned for alternate account on nairaland ....
Ashamed of what? Is my tribe owing you any money, or have they said you cannot make progress in life, unless you know my tribe and seek their blessings? Let us know. As for the mod that is supporting your antics, God will deal with him without delay. All your alternate accounts are well known. Should I list them here?

1 Like

Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by AxxeMan: 3:41pm On Dec 11, 2017
LaudateII:

Ashamed of what? Is my tribe owing you any money, or have they said you cannot make progress in life, unless you know my tribe and seek their blessings? Let us know. As for the mod that is supporting your antics, God will deal with him without delay. All your alternate accounts are well known. Should I list them here?

Cheerleader tell us your tribe and stop making noise!

Well you norget job before , oya list them let's see grin grin
Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by LaudateII: 3:53pm On Dec 11, 2017
AxxeMan:
Cheerleader tell us your tribe and stop making noise!

Well you norget job before , oya list them let's see grin grin

I know the only word you learnt in English is 'cheerleader.' Maybe that was the name you were baptised with at birth, not so? Let us know Axxeman = PabloAfricanus. Or do you want to tell us another lie?
Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by AxxeMan: 3:55pm On Dec 11, 2017
LaudateII:

I know the only word you learnt in English is 'cheerleader.' Maybe that was the name you were baptised with at birth, not so? Let us know Axxeman = PabloAfricanus. Or do you want to tell us another lie?

Tell us your tribe , I do not have time for your cheer leading nonsense
Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by LaudateII: 3:58pm On Dec 11, 2017
AxxeMan:
Tell us your tribe , I do not have time for your cheer leading nonsense
Answer my questions, first. Has anyone told you that you cannot prosper in this life, unless you get to know my tribe and seek blessings from them? Na simple question, I ask. Tell us, o.
Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by AxxeMan: 4:06pm On Dec 11, 2017
LaudateII:

Answer my questions, first. Has anyone told you that you cannot prosper in this life, unless you get to know my tribe and seek blessings from them? Na simple question, I ask. Tell us, o.

Pussy cat don't be shy come on tell us your tribe...

Nor worry we norgo yab you grin grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by BabaRamota1980: 5:11pm On Dec 11, 2017
chibuzorAbia:
Igbos don't have any king..... Just village head.. There are no kings in Igboland.

Heads of autonomous communities.
Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by BabaRamota1980: 5:21pm On Dec 11, 2017
crackerspub:

Status is for the living, not the dead.
Nigga dig soil and put the head of your autonomous community in the soil.

Im coming to mine his skull and resell tonyour ngwa brothers so they can boil it. Get me address of the morgue. Freak!
Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by BabaRamota1980: 5:57pm On Dec 11, 2017
LaudateII:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ibo Eze Has Still Not Been Buried 5yrs After He Died by PabloAfricanus(m): 11:35pm On Dec 11, 2017
LaudateII:

sorely tempted to, but I will pass.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Are Finally Uniting, Anioma May Be The Next Igbo State. / Adire Markets In Lagos / Why Is The Colour Black Always Associated With Evil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.