Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Looking For Employment As A Cook /chef - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Looking For Employment As A Cook /chef (837 Views)

Looking For A Cook? Come In? / Do You Need A Cook/chef/baker / Stunning Cakes By Russian Chef Elena Gnut (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking For Employment As A Cook /chef by Maryam1234(f): 10:22am On Dec 11, 2017
Good morning my fellow nairalanders,I am a lady of 25 years old,a trained political scientist with a second class lower division awaiting service come next year.Aside my educational qualification I am also a trained cook,I can cook variety of Nigerian dishes,prepare snacks and make some mouth watering drinks.I was transferred from my former place of work to work in one of the governor's house in Northern Nigeria,I worked there for 8 months but dissatisfied with the way things are being handled their coupled with the work loads and low incentive I resigned last month,I saw myself as being enslaved in a modernized way,no break,no holiday and no incentive.I am presently thinking of either running my own catering Services or looking for a new job as a cook.Your advice is needed.please mod's do the needful.
Re: Looking For Employment As A Cook /chef by kunlesufyan(m): 10:40am On Dec 11, 2017
Lovely, how about you set up a business page on Instagram where you will talk about how good you are and how you can cook different meals.
I'v seen several ladies do this online.
You can package it to appear like you will make soups, package in a bowl and send to clients.
Do you understand?

1 Like

Re: Looking For Employment As A Cook /chef by Maryam1234(f): 11:18am On Dec 11, 2017
[quote author=kunlesufyan post=63177863]Lovely, how about you set up a business page on Instagram where you will talk about how good you are and how you can cook different meals.
I'v seen several ladies do this online.
You can package it to appear like you will make soups, package in a bowl and send to clients.
Do you understand?[/quote
Thanks dear I will think about it but,the issue is that I am not a social media savvy,your advice is quiet appreciated.Thanks a bunch.
Re: Looking For Employment As A Cook /chef by mottykings(f): 5:19pm On Dec 11, 2017
hello,to be a good cook you need to devote your time especially if you are not married,our job is just like doctor,nurse et al. cook job is always available if you are good at what you are doing but I will advice you look for job and learn more from your headcook/executive chef and in few years time you will be at the top of your game . also you can establish your own catering business and go for more training especially on continental/India/Chinese cuisines. with this you can never lack job . good luck

1 Like

Re: Looking For Employment As A Cook /chef by duyilekan98(m): 10:13am On Dec 28, 2021
[quote author=Maryam1234 post=63179142][/quote]
We can’t underestimate the power of social media in growing a business. But based on my assessment of Instagram, it does help a couple chefs, but not so much a great effect on the masses. It’s not enough to have people like and comment on your food posts.

On another note, I’ve been able to access the chef industry in Nigeria, and I have to say it’s a little bit cutthroat. There are not many opportunities, you’re either working at a restaurant, or a self established food vendor(which is extremely capital intensive), or a freelance caterer. A chef friend of mine worked in a restaurant where they said they would pay #150k monthly, and at the end, some months they ended up not paying them, some months they reduced their pay, they even ended up laying off some people. Eventually he had to quit. So that led me to seeing how I can help solve the problems chefs face from a software developer standpoint. I eventually starting working on a service for chefs and I’m currently looking for beta testers. If you’re seeing this and you’re interested in been an early adopter contact me.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Name Of This Very Fruit??? / Testimonies From Our Satisfied Customers / How To Make Pounded Yam In A Blender Or Food Processor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.