Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Please I Need A Competent And Honest Peugeot 406 Diesel Engine Mechanic - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please I Need A Competent And Honest Peugeot 406 Diesel Engine Mechanic (687 Views)

Registered Peugeot 406 For Sale.. / Tokunbo Automatic Drive Peugeot 406 Prestige Engine EW!0 2002 Model / Accidental Peugeot 406 - D8 With Good Engine, Gear, Tires And Clean Interior (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need A Competent And Honest Peugeot 406 Diesel Engine Mechanic by gomezidowu: 10:44am On Dec 11, 2017
Morning Nairalanders,

My Peugeot 406 stopped working around march last year while I was learning with it. Since then I've towed it to 3 different mechanics where the left side mirror was removed, battery nowhere to be found and the interior made a mess, spray paint from other cars splashed on it and can't really ascertain which other parts were removed or tampered with before I finally brought it back to my house in surulere and decided that it won't be towed anywhere again when I realised they didn't know how to repair it and saw it as a money making opportunity. The worse part of it is that these guys know how to sound convincing. Their dubious nature has made me know different parts of a car.... injector, tappet cup which I initially mistook to be carpet cup (google actually helped out) when one of the mechanics that came to check it at my place mentioned it.Sorry for my long story but it's painful. Okay, mechanic mentioned tappet cup would cost 24000 and the part can only be gotten at jankara or owode onirin that he has called Ladipo guys he knows and it's not available (12pcs at 2000 each). Because of my previous experiences of dropping money and nothing happened I went to Ladipo myself where I was directed to Chuks and saw it for 500n each and was told my engine is 8 valves...imagine that, and would be 16 if I want to buy complete that's just 8k, i'm 100percent sure that was not the car's problem because this same guy had told me fuel pump was the problem, gave him 15k for tokunbo, all to no avail. the Whew! I can go on and on with the different experiences. Please I need a honest and competent Peugeot 406 diesel engine mechanic in Lagos. I know about Ikenna on this platform but she resides in Abuja, Gazzuz too but he doesn't support Peugeot cars, I called him. You can reach me on 08052873016.
Re: Please I Need A Competent And Honest Peugeot 406 Diesel Engine Mechanic by uboma(m): 1:52pm On Dec 11, 2017
Diesel powered engines are a bit tricky to fix, hence the lack of competent mechanics who can handle them.

Why not sell your car as it is and get a petrol powered engine instead? This will save you further drain on your pockets.

Alternatively, why not contact Ikenna privately to know if he can handle your type of engine. If he can, you may have to pay the bills for him to come to you since you do not reside in Abuja. If this is not possible, can he recommend a competent mechanic for you in the South?

Diesel powered engines are more durable and efficient than petrol powered ones but the problem is having the right person to fix it when it is breaking down.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Competent And Honest Peugeot 406 Diesel Engine Mechanic by gomezidowu: 2:13pm On Dec 11, 2017
Thanks a lot.
Re: Please I Need A Competent And Honest Peugeot 406 Diesel Engine Mechanic by uboma(m): 2:28pm On Dec 11, 2017
gomezidowu:
Thanks a lot.

You are welcome, Sir.
Re: Please I Need A Competent And Honest Peugeot 406 Diesel Engine Mechanic by nams77: 6:16pm On Dec 11, 2017
gomezidowu:
Morning Nairalanders,

My Peugeot 406 stopped working around march last year while I was learning with it. Since then I've towed it to 3 different mechanics where the left side mirror was removed, battery nowhere to be found and the interior made a mess, spray paint from other cars splashed on it and can't really ascertain which other parts were removed or tampered with before I finally brought it back to my house in surulere and decided that it won't be towed anywhere again when I realised they didn't know how to repair it and saw it as a money making opportunity. The worse part of it is that these guys know how to sound convincing. Their dubious nature has made me know different parts of a car.... injector, tappet cup which I initially mistook to be carpet cup (google actually helped out) when one of the mechanics that came to check it at my place mentioned it.Sorry for my long story but it's painful. Okay, mechanic mentioned tappet cup would cost 24000 and the part can only be gotten at jankara or owode onirin that he has called Ladipo guys he knows and it's not available (12pcs at 2000 each). Because of my previous experiences of dropping money and nothing happened I went to Ladipo myself where I was directed to Chuks and saw it for 500n each and was told my engine is 8 valves...imagine that, and would be 16 if I want to buy complete that's just 8k, i'm 100percent sure that was not the car's problem because this same guy had told me fuel pump was the problem, gave him 15k for tokunbo, all to no avail. the Whew! I can go on and on with the different experiences. Please I need a honest and competent Peugeot 406 diesel engine mechanic in Lagos. I know about Ikenna on this platform but she resides in Abuja, Gazzuz too but he doesn't support Peugeot cars, I called him. You can reach me on 08052873016.
I'm no Peugeot expert but will like to suggest something to you.why don't you go back to the part seller Chuks, and ask him to give you a competent mechanic that he can vouch for. My 2kobo advice. I wish you the best. I have come to realize that most work men are just braggarts with very loud mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need A Competent And Honest Peugeot 406 Diesel Engine Mechanic by gomezidowu: 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2017
Please how much do you think it can be sold in that state. The body is still very good. Also can you help with Ikenna's number? Thanks
Re: Please I Need A Competent And Honest Peugeot 406 Diesel Engine Mechanic by gomezidowu: 7:24pm On Dec 11, 2017
@nams77 Thanks a lot. He told me the only person he knows is one Engineer Tope who travels a lot. I asked for the number, he didn't give me. He dialled the number and told me it was switched off. He had advised I should change the engine to petrol which he sells. I guess he didn't want to spoil his own market. Competent repairer for me equals no sales for him. lol

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Competent And Honest Peugeot 406 Diesel Engine Mechanic by gomezidowu: 7:33pm On Dec 11, 2017
One important point I missed out is that the car was changed from right hand drive to left. Does that cause issues in any way?
Re: Please I Need A Competent And Honest Peugeot 406 Diesel Engine Mechanic by nams77: 7:58pm On Dec 11, 2017
gomezidowu:
@nams77 Thanks a lot. He told me the only person he knows is one Engineer Tope who travels a lot. I asked for the number, he didn't give me. He dialled the number and told me it was switched off. He had advised I should change the engine to petrol which he sells. I guess he didn't want to spoil his own market. Competent repairer for me equals no sales for him. lol
I wonder why he wouldn't give you the mecho's number if he has no ulterior motives
Re: Please I Need A Competent And Honest Peugeot 406 Diesel Engine Mechanic by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 11, 2017
The same thing is wrong with my 307. Parked at Benin over 5months now
Re: Please I Need A Competent And Honest Peugeot 406 Diesel Engine Mechanic by gomezidowu: 8:23pm On Dec 11, 2017
Whew. Sorry about that. But where are the honest and competent diesel mechanics? Are they that scarce? Seriously?

(1) (Reply)

.. / Cheap Toks 2007 Toyota Camry Le 2.350m In Ibadan. / Sharp Reg 04 Rx330 Full Option With Headrest DVD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.