Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Lagos Joins Trillionaires’ Club As Ambode Presents 2018 Budget - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Joins Trillionaires’ Club As Ambode Presents 2018 Budget (753 Views)

REVEALED!!! Why EFCC Is After Ambode…herbert Wigwe The GMD/CEO, Access Bank Link / Shut-down! Gov. Ambode Sealed Off Don Climax Bonded Terminal Located In Ajegunl / Ambode Has Approved Sale Of Lake Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Joins Trillionaires’ Club As Ambode Presents 2018 Budget by AnotherZik: 2:26pm On Dec 11, 2017
Newsworth

The Lagos State governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode on Monday presented a 2018 budget estimate of N1,046,121,181,680 before the Lagos State House of Assembly.

The projected budget size is One Trillion, Forty-six Billion, One Hundred and Twenty-one Million, One Hundred and Eighty-one Thousand, Six Hundred and Eighty naira.

Tagged Budget of Progress and Development, the appropriation bill
has a recurrent expenditure of N347bn and a capital expenditure of N699bn.

This Budget proposal represents an increase of 28.67 percent over the N813 billion presented by the Lagos governor in 2017.

Newsworth recalls that the Cross River State Governor, Prof. Ben Ayade, had over a week ago attained a new first by presenting a budget estimate of N1.3trn for the 2018 fiscal year to the state House of Assembly.

According to him, 70 per cent of the appropriation bill is for capital expenditure, while 30 is for recurrent expenditure. That was the first time a state in the country would be proposing an annual budget of over a trillion naira.

https://newsworth.ng/lagos-joins-trillionaires-club-ambode-presents-2018-budget/
Re: Lagos Joins Trillionaires’ Club As Ambode Presents 2018 Budget by DWJOBScom(m): 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2017
It has just started and if not properly managed , most states will be so impoverished for the next 10years
Re: Lagos Joins Trillionaires’ Club As Ambode Presents 2018 Budget by Eggcelent(m): 2:39pm On Dec 11, 2017
Please, Explain What You Mean By States Being Impoverished In This Context.

DWJOBScom:
It has just started and if not properly managed , most states will be so impoverished for the next 10years

Meanwhile, I Am Impressed That Governments At All Levels Are Now Devoting Larger Percentages Of Their Budgets To Capital Expenditure.

I Hope The Legislatures Will Complement This By Taking Their Oversight Responsibilities Serious
Re: Lagos Joins Trillionaires’ Club As Ambode Presents 2018 Budget by DWJOBScom(m): 2:44pm On Dec 11, 2017
Eggcelent:
Please, Explain What You Mean By States Being Impoverished In This Context.

What will finance these budgets? where are we getting the funds? what are the terms of payments?
Should we pick a loan how long is the payment? will the next Govt see money to fund it's own endeavor if there is self ?

Meanwhile, I Am Impressed That Governments At All Levels Are Now Devoting Larger Percentages Of Their Budgets To Capital Expenditure.

I Hope The Legislatures Will Complement This By Taking Their Oversight Responsibilities Serious

Quite good but remember Capital projects are cute ways of laundering money
Re: Lagos Joins Trillionaires’ Club As Ambode Presents 2018 Budget by oz4real83(m): 2:47pm On Dec 11, 2017
I am not interested in how much was budgetted. My interest is the level of implementation. It is always disappointing to realise that neither the state govts nor federal govt has ever implemented budgets up to 50%. Of what use is a huge budget that won't be implemented?
Re: Lagos Joins Trillionaires’ Club As Ambode Presents 2018 Budget by Eggcelent(m): 3:14pm On Dec 11, 2017
I Appreciate Your Observations. They Are Right.

However, Getting Loans Isn't A Problem. For A Fact, Loans Judiciously Used Are Great Ways To Ensuring Development.

Let Us Hope The Legislative Bodies Do Their Bits. Governments Can't But Borrow

DWJOBScom:

What will finance these budgets? where are we getting the funds? what are the terms of payments?
Should we pick a loan how long is the payment? will the next Govt see money to fund it's own endeavor if there is self ?

Quite good but remember Capital projects are cute ways of laundering money

Re: Lagos Joins Trillionaires’ Club As Ambode Presents 2018 Budget by DWJOBScom(m): 3:17pm On Dec 11, 2017
Eggcelent:

However, Getting Loans Isn't A Problem. For A Fact, Loans Judiciously Used Are Great Ways To Ensuring Development.

Re: Lagos Joins Trillionaires’ Club As Ambode Presents 2018 Budget by DWJOBScom(m): 3:18pm On Dec 11, 2017
Eggcelent:

Totally in agreement but the challenge is we don't have the right regulatory bodies to ensure it's the right loan that the terms won't haunt the state forever......

That's my only fear if not a loan is good

(1) (Reply)

Advantages Of Building With Limult Burnt Bricks In Nigeria. / How Do I Pay For Facebook Ads?? / ( BITUMEN ) Petroleum Products, For Road Construction, Contact Me If There's A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.