Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Review Of Breeders Choice Dog Food(canned) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Review Of Breeders Choice Dog Food(canned) (1077 Views)

Dog Breeders Whatsapp Group Link / How I Prepare My Dog Food. / Dog Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Review Of Breeders Choice Dog Food(canned) by petsarena: 3:43pm On Dec 11, 2017
Our Overview
Breeders Choice Dog Food offers complete nutrition for all dog breeds & stages of development with high quality ingredients. It comes in a wide variety of flavours and formats with no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives added.

Manufacturer’s Information

Breeders Choice dog food is manufactured in the UK and comes in nine Adult and two Puppy variants, in three formats.

Formulas Breeders Choice (Canned) Offer
Beef & Vegetables In Gravy
Chicken & Vegetables In Gravy
Lamb & Vegetables In Gravy
Chicken & Vegetables In Gravy For Puppies
Beef & Vegetable Meat Loaf
Chicken & Vegetable Meat Loaf
Lamb & Vegetable Meat Loaf
Chicken With Rice & Vegetables Meat Loaf For Puppies
Beef Chunks With Tasty Jelly
Chicken Chunks With Tasty Jelly
Lamb Chunks With Tasty Jelly

For this review we choose Chicken With Rice & Vegetables Meat Loaf

For Puppies and Beef Chunks With Tasty Jelly to represent the other variants

Chicken With Rice & Vegetables Meat Loaf For Puppies

Composition: Meat & animal derivatives (Chicken 4%), cereals (Rice 4%), vegetables, derivatives of vegetable origin & minerals .

Nutritional Additives (per kg): Vitamins: Vitamin A 2,250 IU, Vitamin D3 328 IU, Vitamin E 26 mg.

Trace Elements: Zinc sulphate monohydrate 67 mg, Ferrous sulphate monohydrate 42mg, Cupric sulphate pentahydrate 10 mg, Manganous sulphate 6.3 mg, Calcium iodate anhydrous 0.71 mg, Sodium selenite 0.09 mg.

Guaranteed Analysis

Protein 10%

Oils & Fats 8%

Fibre 0.3%

Ash 2%

Moisture 80%

Beef Chunks With Tasty Jelly

Composition: Meat & Animal Derivatives (Beef 4%), Derivatives of Vegetable Origin and Minerals.

Nutritional Additives (per kg): Vitamins: Vitamin A 2,250 IU, Vitamin D3 328 IU, Vitamin E 26 mg.

Trace Elements: Zinc sulphate monohydrate 67 mg, Ferrous sulphate monohydrate 42mg, Cupric sulphate pentahydrate 10 mg, Manganous sulphate 6.3 mg, Calcium iodate anhydrous 0.71 mg, Sodium selenite 0.09 mg.

Guaranteed Analysis

Protein 8%

Oils & Fats 6%

Fibre 0.4%

Ash 3%

Moisture 80%

Ingredients Analysis

The list of ingredients used include meat and animal derivatives which is all the fleshy parts of slaughtered warm-blooded land animals, fresh or preserved by appropriate treatment, and all products and derivatives of the processing of the carcass or parts of the carcass of warm-blooded land animals".

The 4% declaration is a legal labelling requirement which represents the minimum percentage content of the characterising ingredient guaranteed to be present by the manufacturer.

The presence of this ingredient is not necessarily a bad thing as it encompasses all meats, from the very best to the very worst.

Some times dog food manufacturers use broad terms like this to conceal their 'secret formula' and some imported foods list very high quality meat as 'meat and animal derivatives' simply because the laws or customs in their home country are different.

The second nutrient I want to clarify is derivatives of vegetable origin, this ingredient is gotten from treatment of vegetable products, cereals, legumes and oil seed. This is not necessarily a bad nutrient, rather the vagueness allows the manufacturer to change formula from one batch to another depending on what vegetable products are available at the time.

Recall History

There are no Breeders Choice Dog Food recall actions listed on the FDA website

Breeders Choice Consumer Info
Where can I buy Breeder’s Choice?

You may be asking, “Where can I buy Breeder’s Choice Dog Food?”. Here is a list of places it can be obtained in Nigeria

Mandarin Supermarket Apapa
ShopRite outlets all over Nigeria
JustRite Supermarket outlets
Park'N"Shop outlets
How much Breeders Choice should I feed my dog?
A common question that many pet owners have, is “How much Breeder’s Choice dog food should I feed my dog?”. Since the answer is dependent on several factors such as your dog’s age, weight, activity level, etc it is best to always follow the specific instructions on your formula’s packaging.

On a Final Note
While Breeders Choice Dog Food is a trusted name in the dog food industry, there are some concerning factors to take note of before purchasing this dog food.

Some of the ingredients used in manufacturing Breeders Choice dog food are vaguely stated and the whole ingredients used are not stated, this does not mean that the food is not good enough for your dog.

The dog food is good judging from the guaranteed analysis and the country of manufacture.
Source:http:[url]//petsarena.com.ng/2017/12/review-breeders-choice-dog-foodcanned/[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Male And Female Explosive Caucasian Pups For Sale...amazing / 8months Old Solid Female Rottweiler Available(sold sold) / 3weeks Old German Rot Puppies Up For Grabs At Affordable Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.