Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Jacob Goes To Church. An Excerpt From My Upcoming Book Titled "The Chukwuma's". - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jacob Goes To Church. An Excerpt From My Upcoming Book Titled "The Chukwuma's". (998 Views)

Professor Wole Soyinka Published A Book Titled "Baiting Igbophobia" / An Excerpt Of The Ones Called Dogs / The Chase: A Military Crime Thriller (A Hunt Series Book 2) Excerpt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jacob Goes To Church. An Excerpt From My Upcoming Book Titled "The Chukwuma's". by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 11, 2017
JACOB GOES TO CHURCH.
An Excerpt from my upcoming book titled "THE CHUKWUMA'S".

In a matter of minutes, the Chukwumas were all seated in the car enroute church. They are attending the second service at Living Faith Church, which is were they worship. Tagged along with the Chukwumas to church that morning is Jacob after he was asked or more like forced the previous day by Brie to come along with them to church.
To Jacob, waking up on a Sunday morning, preparing and going to church is a herculean task. He prefers to lie down lazily on the bed all morning seeing a movie, that is if there is power and when asked why he didn't go to church, his default answer is always
"GOD knows my heart".

"So Jacob, I will like you to come along with us to church tomorrow" that was Brie inviting Jacob to church the previous day.
Jacob squeezed his face to depicts uncertainty.
"Ehhhhhhhhh, I don't think that will be possible" Jacob replied Brie
"Why?" She asked
"It's just that going to church is not my thing"
"Really?, tell me why" Brie said as she folded her hands across her chest.
"It's ermm just that i don't like going to church, it's not that I hate church, it's just that, let me put it this way, I do go to church but not often, just once in a while and besides, GOD knows my heart"
"But HE doesn't know your face. Get ready. Tomorrow, you are coming along with us to church whether you like it or not"
"But Madam"
"Shhhhhhhhh, get ready. I haven't seen any reason why you shouldn't go to church and beside, it's just a two hours thirty minutes service. It aren't long".

And that was how Jacob found himself sitted with the Chukwumas in the car driven by Jeffrey as they head to church that morning. The 3C's were surprised and couldn't hide it when Jacob joined them to church that morning since they knew him as someone who sees going to church as a difficult task.
"You're coming along with us to church?" Liv asked surprisingly and unbelievably
"YES. Any problem with that?" Jacob replied her looking at the 3C's with the "see you better mind your business this morning because i'm in no mood for it" look.
"No. There is no problem with that. It's a good omen" Liv said grinning weirdly.

#XAVIER
Re: Jacob Goes To Church. An Excerpt From My Upcoming Book Titled "The Chukwuma's". by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 11, 2017
Amarabae (f ), sexybbstar( f ), biacan ( f ),
Debbietiyan( f ), NairalandCS( m), talk2ekpa
(m ), ikbnice (m ), dlastkingkay (m ),
BoyHuncho ( m), talk2saintify( m),
duch12 ( m), lefulefu( m), INTROVERT (f ),
harjibolar10 ( m), IamAirforce1 , davidflo
(m ), ritababe (f ), Therock5555 ( m),
Airforce1 (m ), xaviercasmir( m),
KimberlyWest( f ), Ishilove , BABAnLA ( m),
lhawarl1 ( f ), Dyazeez ( m), Kimkardashain
(f ), SageSleek( m), Explorers( m), ikombe,
wizsolzy ( m), lalasticlala( m),
slimhomiequan (m ), Onemansquad (m ),
Tamarapetty(f ), fiyah (f ), tosyne2much (m ),
Mynd44 , Seun (m ), donkross1 ( m),
Oyinprince( m), danibliss (m ), kingofcasting
(m ), MaziOmenuko , PamelB ( f ),
TemitopeDaniel (m ), chistar01 (m ),
jezuzboi ( m), Bibi294 (f ), LarrySun( m),
Chumzypinky (f ), AudreyTimms( f ),
TheBlessedMAN , solomonbrown64 ,
ClassCaptain ( m), cuteboyrichboy (m ),
bibijay123 ( f ).

You guys should tell me what you think about the EXCERPT.
Re: Jacob Goes To Church. An Excerpt From My Upcoming Book Titled "The Chukwuma's". by biacan(f): 9:43pm On Dec 11, 2017
Love to see what Jacob is up-to
Re: Jacob Goes To Church. An Excerpt From My Upcoming Book Titled "The Chukwuma's". by wizsolzy(m): 11:41am On Dec 12, 2017
preciousuweh:
Amarabae (f ), sexybbstar( f ), biacan ( f ),
Debbietiyan( f ), NairalandCS( m), talk2ekpa
(m ), ikbnice (m ), dlastkingkay (m ),
BoyHuncho ( m), talk2saintify( m),
duch12 ( m), lefulefu( m), INTROVERT (f ),
harjibolar10 ( m), IamAirforce1 , davidflo
(m ), ritababe (f ), Therock5555 ( m),
Airforce1 (m ), xaviercasmir( m),
KimberlyWest( f ), Ishilove , BABAnLA ( m),
lhawarl1 ( f ), Dyazeez ( m), Kimkardashain
(f ), SageSleek( m), Explorers( m), ikombe,
wizsolzy ( m), lalasticlala( m),
slimhomiequan (m ), Onemansquad (m ),
Tamarapetty(f ), fiyah (f ), tosyne2much (m ),
Mynd44 , Seun (m ), donkross1 ( m),
Oyinprince( m), danibliss (m ), kingofcasting
(m ), MaziOmenuko , PamelB ( f ),
TemitopeDaniel (m ), chistar01 (m ),
jezuzboi ( m), Bibi294 (f ), LarrySun( m),
Chumzypinky (f ), AudreyTimms( f ),
TheBlessedMAN , solomonbrown64 ,
ClassCaptain ( m), cuteboyrichboy (m ),
bibijay123 ( f ).

You guys should tell me what you think about the EXCERPT.
make ah go read am

Re: Jacob Goes To Church. An Excerpt From My Upcoming Book Titled "The Chukwuma's". by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 13, 2017
biacan:
Love to see what Jacob is up-to

Till then dear, till then.
See this as a kind of trailer.
But be rest assured, the book/story will be out soon.
Re: Jacob Goes To Church. An Excerpt From My Upcoming Book Titled "The Chukwuma's". by biacan(f): 9:12am On Dec 13, 2017
preciousuweh:

Till then dear, till then. See this as a kind of trailer. But be rest assured, the book/story will be out soon.
Nice

1 Like

Re: Jacob Goes To Church. An Excerpt From My Upcoming Book Titled "The Chukwuma's". by Bibi294(f): 8:32am On Dec 18, 2017
Whoa!
Re: Jacob Goes To Church. An Excerpt From My Upcoming Book Titled "The Chukwuma's". by peterpolycarp23: 8:34pm On Dec 18, 2017
preciousuweh:

Till then dear, till then.
See this as a kind of trailer.
But be rest assured, the book/story will be out soon.

pls Where ? When ?
Re: Jacob Goes To Church. An Excerpt From My Upcoming Book Titled "The Chukwuma's". by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 16, 2018
peterpolycarp23:

pls Where ? When ?
any moment from now.

(1) (Reply)

Romantic Doctors By Horlorlardaey / Bloggers And Writers Needed / Wole Soyinka Leads Literary Icons To Berlin International Literature Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.