Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,929 members, 7,824,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

My Experience With Scammers. (short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Experience With Scammers. (short Story) (805 Views)

Behind The Mask - A Short Story / Don't Laugh Me, Love Me ( A Short Story) / The 2018 Commonwealth Short Story Prize Is Open For Entries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Scammers. (short Story) by ftosino(m): 2:18pm On Dec 12, 2017
My experience with scammers

My name is TOSIN, I was a chronic gambler,well thats what they called those that use money to find money with chance and luck but I see myself as a sport punter.

I started playing like 3-4yrs ago, it was through the influence of my brother that I knew about it. The first time I staked 100naira, I won 2000, that's when my addiction started.

I am used to playing normal 100naira games with accumulation of over 10games. I met a guy last year, he came as an external student to write waec in our school, we became friends. I found out we have almost the same hobbies, football, computer operating, but he do plays the clarinet, while I play drums.

He also is a sport punter like me, one day, we went to a cyber cafe to predict and book a game(sport betters can relate), we booked our game and left for the shop to stake it.
As we were waiting for our turn, I noticed my friend TOSIN(oh I didn't mention his name before, we share same name) looking at the TV on the wall, so I also looked at it, I saw cartoons playing football, I knew nothing about even though I have been seeing it for quite sometimes, I don't understand, suddenly TOSIN just called "6 7 8 goal goal" I just kept looking at him, he gave them 150naira for the game , again the cartoons started playing, at the end of it, 6 7 8 played 2-1 2-3 1-1 respectively, so we won 700 in just a stand, I was wowed. That was when my problems began.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Scammers. (short Story) by ftosino(m): 2:23pm On Dec 12, 2017
hello my lovely literaturelanders,
I just wanna share a short story with you guys. hope you love it.
this is my first time writing a story, am just an ordinary science student that love literature.

cc favch
kimberlywest
hantonia
Evajael
Queenitee
Pearl05

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Scammers. (short Story) by favch(f): 2:40pm On Dec 12, 2017
ftosino:
this is my first time writing a story, am just an ordinary science student that love literature.

cc favch
kimberlywest
hantonia
Evajael
Queenitee
Pearl05

Thanks bro for the mention only the title self has made me wanna ask for more
Fire on,we r following
Re: My Experience With Scammers. (short Story) by favch(f): 2:45pm On Dec 12, 2017
Wow,
Heemah Nuellaluv cbella pink feet come n read
Re: My Experience With Scammers. (short Story) by EvaJael(f): 4:32pm On Dec 12, 2017
ftosino:

cc favch
kimberlywest
hantonia
Evajael
Queenitee
Pearl05
I is here. Thanks
Re: My Experience With Scammers. (short Story) by Hantonia(f): 4:48pm On Dec 12, 2017
favch:

Thanks bro for the mention only the title self has made me wanna ask for more
Fire on,we r following
ave Landed O
Re: My Experience With Scammers. (short Story) by Ayomideen(m): 5:13pm On Dec 12, 2017
We dey here!
Re: My Experience With Scammers. (short Story) by favch(f): 7:57pm On Dec 12, 2017
Hantonia:
ave Landed O
Welcome sweet
Re: My Experience With Scammers. (short Story) by ftosino(m): 2:03pm On Dec 13, 2017
After knowing about bet9ja virtual. I virtually became quite attracted to it that any time I have #150 with me, I go there with it. I do win, but lost most of the time.
My highest win in a stand was 3800 while my highest lost was 6000.

Well that's not the story. Now let me tell you about my experience with the scammers.

It was just a normal day of losing, I lost the day sales to the virtual, I was thinking of lie I will tell my mom when I get home while trekking, imagine trekking, I lost my transport together, it was that bad.

Lost in my thoughts, still on the road, a man came to me asking for an health centre, I ignored him saying I don't know , so I kept walking. I saw the man asking another guy about the place, I just kept walking until the other guy that was asked about the place came to me telling me he knew the place and that what the man want to sell worths over 100,000 and that if we can take the man there that we can get at least 10000, I just lost my falculty of thinking suddenly, I agreed to it immediately since am also in need of money .

So the guy told us about the stuff that it can cure epilepsy that he is from a village in the east sha. It told us that if we get to the man we want to sell the stuff to that we should lie that we are brothers.
He also told us that the stuff have killed his uncle because he brought fake to the man he wanted to sell it to.

(1) (Reply)

Èpè (curse)! / The Tale Of A Private Lesson Teacher / The Nation We Wear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.