Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,589 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Tithing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing (561 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing / Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithing by llade(m): 6:47pm On Dec 12, 2017
The way some people are passionately promoting and defending tithing makes me take a second look at Hebrews 7 where in verse 18 there was a nullification of the commandment of tithing with no scriptural direction on titthing beyond Hebrews 7. Abi na me no understand. Please read Hebrews 7:1-19.
Re: Tithing by Goshen360(m): 7:40pm On Dec 12, 2017
It's simple my brother. Hebrews 7 is NOT TEACHING tithe but superiority of one priesthood over another. Now, before vs 18.....there's mention of commandment in 2 verses, so when verse 18 disannulling the commandment going before, you ask yourself which commandment is he talking about?

Context will be the 2 commandment mentioned above going before and that's what is disannulled. So what does those commandment say?

1 Like

Re: Tithing by llade(m): 4:54am On Dec 15, 2017
Goshen360:
It's simple my brother. Hebrews 7 is NOT TEACHING tithe but superiority of one priesthood over another. Now, before vs 18.....there's mention of commandment in 2 verses, so when verse 18 disannulling the commandment going before, you ask yourself which commandment is he talking about?

Context will be the 2 commandment mentioned above going before and that's what is disannulled. So what does those commandment say?
Are u making a choice for ur self on the commandment, the commandment referred to was clear, tithing (read verse 4 to 6).
Re: Tithing by Goshen360(m): 6:12am On Dec 15, 2017
llade:

Are u making a choice for ur self on the commandment, the commandment referred to was clear, tithing (read verse 4 to 6).

That's what I'm talking about and that's what vs 18 disannulled. What u think?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is It Really ‘shirk’ To Wish Someone A Merry Christmas? / Share Your Theme For The New Year. / Seeds Of Destiny 8 January By Pastor Paul Enenche :topic -the Blessing Of Vision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.