Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,958 members, 7,828,384 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

When Recession Hit My Rabbit Farm - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When Recession Hit My Rabbit Farm (429 Views)

The Dog And The Rabbit: Five Life Lessons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Recession Hit My Rabbit Farm by joshua442(m): 2:33am On Dec 13, 2017
What is a recession?
A recession is when the economy declines significantly for at least six months. That means there’s a drop in the following five economic indicators: real GDP (Gross Domestic Product), income, employment, manufacturing and retail sales.

People often say a recession is when the GDP growth rate is negative for two consecutive quarters or more. But a recession can quietly begin before the quarterly gross domestic product reports are out.

A recession is usually underway when there are several quarters of slowing but still positive growth. Often a quarter of negative growth will occur followed by positive growth for several quarters, and then another quarter of negative growth.

When recession hit my rabbit farm

On the evening of Aug 31, 2016 I was at a local restaurant near my apartment. A plate of pepper soup has just been placed in front of me when the voice from a television set announced that Nigeria was in a recession.

“Chai!” the men who had their eyes glued to the television chorused. Curses followed and the restaurant became noisy. The sales girl returned to my table with a bottle of malt “Oga! Maltina is N250 O!” she said to me bluntly with no apology. I asked why a bottle I have been buying for N200 suddenly became N250. “Oga you no de watch news?” was her reply. It’s the recession I guess.

I like many others had foreseen this. Our schools have been spewing out millions of unskilled graduates, dumping them in the labour market to compete. Having been through schools where their minds are so abused, they end with very low self-esteem, having little or no confidence in themselves and their abilities. These graduates in fact abhor creativity and productivity, they want instant gratification. Very few I mean very little few are willing to put the time and effort to build a new business, be innovative or to CREATE something of value that others will be willing to pay for. Their minds have been configured to be better job seekers and better government blamers.

Some of us took precautionary measures others did not. I for one did all I could, but when the recession came it felt like a final punch from Mike Tyson landing on my handsome face.

Once upon a time, my rabbit farm had 700 breeding does, 3120 weaners and a hundred bucks.

Read full article http://jfrabbits..com.ng/2017/10/when-recession-hit-my-rabbit-farm.html#more

A figure head decided not to decide and a group of egocentric cabals made the wrong decisions. The Dollar kept rising while the Naira was losing value (from N150 to a Dollar – N360 to a Dollar). Our schools won’t teach us how to produce; we have become fat and potbellied from consuming foreign products. Our parents and guardians teach us to compete the wrong way. The political class keeps milking the masses dry with policies and laws that do not empower the people. Simply put ‘WE LACK LEADERSHIP!’

Read full article http://jfrabbits..com.ng/2017/10/when-recession-hit-my-rabbit-farm.html#more
Re: When Recession Hit My Rabbit Farm by Ayemileto(m): 8:57am On Dec 13, 2017
Eeya, Sorry. We are all in Nigeria together and hopefully, things will get better.

But if I may ask, how many rabbits do you have left?

(1) (Reply)

Wittysally Writers Challenge / Mothers Day Special Poem: Mama By Soibi Ransom / Rudyard Kipling: IF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.