Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,843 members, 7,824,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Is This What The Church Has Now Turned To? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This What The Church Has Now Turned To? (1107 Views)

Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized / Living Faith Church Has Six Million Members Across 147 Countries – Oyedepo / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is This What The Church Has Now Turned To? by Wilfem(m): 3:21pm On Feb 26, 2007
I attended one of the big Churches in Abuja city and as the service progressed, the Pastor called out those who wanted or has any relation vying for one political post or the other for prayers. Expectedly, those concerned stood up and came out. They were further asked to say/declare what/whom they were standing for and each one of them did so. The funniest aspect of it was that one of them said boldly that she was standing for Adebayo Alao Akala and almost everyone in the church laughed.
If they were to be prayed for as they stood up with each one of them knowing his/her desires to be prayed for like that, that would have been ok by me, but in my own opinion, I condemn such acts because they are capable of polluting the church by turning it to a political ground.
My fellow Christian brethren, what's your opinion about this? Is it Commendable or Condemnable?
Please kindly express your mind with absolute sincerity. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Aids Has A Cure / Fav'rite Psalm--and Why? / Creation Or Re-creation. What's Your View?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.