Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

The Tithe Controversy: My Angle - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tithe Controversy: My Angle (345 Views)

Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini / ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu / Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Tithe Controversy: My Angle by seyi360(m): 9:13am On Dec 13, 2017
The Tithe Controversy: My Angle.

The practise by some men behind the pulpit to separate the old testament from the new testament without putting things in perspectives is largely responsible for this doctrinal controversies.

We quote,claim and appropriate old testament scriptures that appeal to our theological and psychological disposition.While we label as inapplicable, anachronistic and irrelevant other old testament scriptures that doesn't suit our theological position.

If the old testament was inapplicable to us today, I'm not sure God would have allowed it to be part of our Bible.

Evidently, the argument of the anti-tithe protagonists is premised on the incorrect dichotomization and polarization of doctrines along testament divides. An attempt to detach the old testament scriptures from the Bible.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God and it's profitable for doctrine, for reproof ,for correction and for instruction in righteousness." 2Tim.3:16.

All scripture(including old testament scriptures) are given by inspiration of God.

I'm not oblivious of the progressive revelation concept. However, not all revelations are progressive. Some remain constant through all dispensations, with little or no adjustment.

Tithing, unfortunately for the anti-tithe squad falls in this category. Tithing began with Abraham and extends through all dispensations even till the time of Jesus.

Luke 11:42.

"But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone."

In fact, some doctrines are as potent in the new testament as it was in the old testament .
The same applies to the debate on the correctness of violent prayers

Malachi 3: 8-10 is as relevant and potent as every new testament scripture because there is nothing progressive about tithe revelation. God still demands it.
We quickly quote Ps .118:17" I shall not die but live and declare the works of God" when threatened with death. The timeless wisdom in the book of Proverbs is easier to quote than the prayers of David in Psalm 35. Because you do not subscribe to violent prayers, yet they are both in the old testament.
Now that someone has leveraged on this inaccurate differentiation of doctrines along testament divides, and painfully chosen a doctrine that can plummet the financial fortune of the church, leaders are screaming blue murder.

(1) (Reply)

Miracles For Sale - Watch How TV Evangelists Fake Miracles / Do You Forget Your Dreams? (part 1). / T.B Joshua Helped Jeorge Weah To Become The President Of Liberia: Fani Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.