Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,932 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Tithe Against Poverty: Before It Turns To Scam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe Against Poverty: Before It Turns To Scam (396 Views)

Muhammad Claimed That Only Allah Knows Certain Things, It Turns Out To Be False / Daddy Freeze Tithe Against Poverty (TAP) Challenge: Lady Gives One Million Naira / Tithe Against Poverty Challenge By Daddy Freeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tithe Against Poverty: Before It Turns To Scam by lagostokd: 5:32pm On Dec 13, 2017
To tithe or not to tithe has been in the airwaves for a while; though the issue is not new but the momentum was increased by Daddy Freeze lately.

I read over the news that Daddy Freeze started a TAP challenge and a lady already donated 1m Naira. The lady is seeking to assist some rural women with 100k each to start a business and also pay school fees of some indigent students. Good move! Great starter!

Am really curious to know if an average Nigerian really needs to announce on social media of a planned help for the poor when everybody is directly or indirectly related to poor masses.

Let's assume the lady does not have the contact of any poor Nigerian and needs the help of Daddy Freeze' TAP challenge to reach out to the people.

I assume the whole process has the potential to scam people. Others might want to donate to this wonderful 'TAP' challenge championed by Freeze... to whose account? Who will disburse the money and who will backcheck?

Am just thinking out loud...

What are your views?

1 Like

Re: Tithe Against Poverty: Before It Turns To Scam by Bukolar1(f): 6:38am On Dec 14, 2017
Freeze too is also human, anybody can be tempted by the devil. My view is this, as long as you live in Nigeria you have access to poor people directly no matter your location, so do your findings yourself and render the help directly. But if there is an already identified need by the campaign I can donate to help out.
Re: Tithe Against Poverty: Before It Turns To Scam by CosmicJames(m): 7:02am On Dec 14, 2017
I think some people just want to be seeing as the ones doing this or that.
Otherwise no need for the TAB challenge.
The poor is always there all over the world, and will always be.

Even the Bible stated it that the poor shall never cease out of the land.
So it doesn't has to do with Nigeria.

Poverty is everywhere.
The poor are everywhere
We all have the opportunity to help always and anytime

So wtf is the TAB challenge?

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional(thur. 14/12/2017) Paul Was Truly Yoked. / Salvation Ministries Distributes Cash And Other Valuable Items To Widows / “giving Of Tithe, Offering, First Fruit Is A Personal Decision” — Dr. D.k Olukoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.