Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital (2381 Views)

UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital / Czech Republic Recognizes Jerusalem As The Capital Of The State Of Israel / Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As The Capital Of Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 13, 2017
The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) has declared East Jerusalem as the capital of Palestine, rejected the US stance as "dangerous" and called on the international community to follow in its footsteps.

At a summit held in Turkey a week after US President Donald Trump declared Jerusalem as Israel's capital, the group of Muslim leaders on Wednesday called on all countries to "recognise the State of Palestine and East Jerusalem as its occupied capital".

It also called on the UN to "end the Israeli occupation" of Palestine and declared Trump's administration liable for "all the consequences of not retracting from this illegal decision".
"[We] consider that this dangerous declaration, which aims to change the legal status of the [city], is null and void and lacks any legitimacy," the group said.

Marwan Bishara, Al Jazeera's senior political analyst, said the summit in Istanbul highlighted that Palestinians, Arabs and Muslims continue to be committed to peace.

"Now, Muslim countries in addition to a whole lot of others that are allied with the Palestinian cause will recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Palestine," he said.

"And those Islamic countries are ready to sever relations to punish any one country that follows in the footsteps of the United States in recognising Jerusalem as the capital of Israel."

Situation of Instability
Speaking earlier on Wednesday, Yousef al-Othaimeen, the OIC's secretary general, rejected the US decision and urged Muslim leaders to work together to present a united response to the move.

"The OIC rejects and condemns the American decision," he said. "This is a violation of international law ... and this is a provocation of the feelings of Muslims within the world.

"It will create a situation of instability in the region and in the world."

Speaking before al-Othaimeen, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said the US had "disqualified" itself from future Israel-Palestine peace talks after proving its "bias in favour of Israel".

Founded in 1969, the OIC bills itself as "the collective voice of the Muslim world".

Trump announced on December 6 that the US formally recognises Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and will begin the process of moving its embassy to the city, breaking with decades of US policy.

The decision violated international law, according to Abbas.

"We shall not accept any role for the United States in the peace process, they have proven their full bias in favour of Israel," he said.

"Jerusalem is and always will be the capital of Palestine."

Palestinians envisage East Jerusalem as the capital of a future state. Israel, meanwhile, says Jerusalem, which is under Israeli occupation, cannot be divided.

The comments by Abbas, president of the Palestinian Authority (PA) were seen as his strongest yet on the issue.

Al Jazeera's Hoda Abdel-Hamid, reporting from Ramallah, said Palestinians were "very frustrated" after seeing "many agreements and many condemnations" but "nothing really changing for them on the ground".

"When you ask them who they hold responsible for that, they say certainly the PA, their own leadership," she said, citing Palestinians' disappointment about the disunity among their different political factions.

Abdel-Hamid also said that "there is a belief among many Palestinians that Trump's Jerusalem move couldn't have happened without the green light of Saudi Arabia".

The Istanbul summit was attended by just over 20 heads of state. Saudi Arabia, the host of the OIC headquarters, sent only a senior foreign ministry official. Others, including Egypt, deployed their foreign ministers.

https://www-aljazeera-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2017/12/oic-leaders-reject-trump-decision-jerusalem-171213095417995.html

1 Like

Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by Built2last: 11:16pm On Dec 13, 2017
The hypocrisy of the mediators of this crisis is the doctrine of two state solution as panacea for peace.

Which other two country share same capital.

This negotiation is over 70 years and there has never been solution.

Those who love peace should tell Palestinians to move on. Nothing will happen. Israel will never bow to international pressure

11 Likes

Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by abokibuhari: 11:17pm On Dec 13, 2017
Who cares?
Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by slivertongue: 11:18pm On Dec 13, 2017
the days of long nights is finally around the corner

2 Likes

Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by Bevista: 11:19pm On Dec 13, 2017
Why have Christians applauded Trump for recognising Jerusalem as capital of Israel? Some (like FFK and Omokri) think it's a fulfilment of some Biblical prophesy.
---
As Jesus himself asked "What does it profit a man to gain the world but lose his soul?", I also ask "What does it profit Israel to gain Jerusalem but lose their salvation?"
---
The Bible says that the condition for eternal life (heaven) is the acceptance of Jesus as Lord and Saviour. As over 97% of people in Israel are not Christians - and so do not see Jesus as God and Saviour - would it not interest God more to convert these people first to Christianity so they can make heaven rather than getting involved in the politics of Jerusalem?
---
The truth is, some Christians see the Trump move as a an opportunity to express their hatred of Muslims. Their crappy talk of Biblical prophesy is just a feeble attempt to use the Holy Book to validate their prejudice.
---
Religion is utterly divisive!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by Mintek: 11:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
OIC is deluded

5 Likes

Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
These stu*pid terrorist Moslem's, needs to be flogged. grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 13, 2017
Let there be peace in the world!
Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by SalamRushdie: 11:31pm On Dec 13, 2017
Islam is approaching the end of it reign I see ..Iran will fall in the coming month and Sunnis will be put in their place .

2 Likes

Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by rafindo(m): 12:10am On Dec 14, 2017
While MBS hopes to get the favor of White House in his quest to consolidate power as forgotten the golden rule of power ,you don't have to by commission or omission be seen to be giving your rival upper hand in a fight for control.
The real winners here are turkey and Iran whose posture since the declaration has been to send and create the message that the house of saud is an extension of Washington.
The GCC is actually the real losers in this declaration, this has shown how divided the Arab world is as a result of the Qatar crises. The Qatar,kuwait,oman alliance seems to United in mitigating the challenges facing the Gcc while Saudi backed alliance of UAE and Bahrain do the bidding of Washington.
Potential power brokers
With the current situation poised to be a direct challenge of White House influence in the Middle East, all attention lies in the direction of Kremlin whose sojourn so far in Middle East speaks volumes of power dynamics. Moscow and his lover Beijing has one goal checkmating Washington global power space,they must act fast in leading the narrative seeking the status of Jerusalem as the capital of the two state solution. Tehran and Ankara are now the leading voice in this situation the toothless UN must see the need to call Israel to order regarding the status quo.
Nigeria must play her part by posturing the African view regarding this situation as a brazen violation of UN resolution, we should not leave that position to Egypt whose romance with the house of saud has left her incapable of acting. Our foreign policy expert must use this medium to posture our global might.
Disclaimer
I am a Christian whose view are from the point of seeing the world as a chess board where religion is not the aim but quest for power

1 Like

Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by dodelight(m): 1:24am On Dec 14, 2017
The Battle Is The Lord's! Psalm 2: "Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves against the Lord and against his anointed... but He that sits in heaven shall laugh at them..."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by mrvitalis(m): 2:48am On Dec 14, 2017
Built2last:
The hypocrisy of the mediators of this crisis is the doctrine of two state solution as panacea for peace.

Which other two country share same capital.

This negotiation is over 70 years and there has never been solution.

Those who love peace should tell Palestinians to move on. Nothing will happen. Israel will never bow to international pressure
And Palastains should bow to international pressure ?

All this na noise make Iseral move there sit of power to Jerusalem then I know they are serious

Iseral owned nothing , they came from no where tried to conquer a land but failed
I was raised a Christian but Iseral attitude is annoying

3 Likes

Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by punisha: 6:28am On Dec 14, 2017
¡ʇɔɐǝɹ nɥɐʎuɐʇǝu ɐʎo˙˙˙buıʇsǝɹǝʇuı buıʇʇǝb sı sıɥʇ
Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by Built2last: 7:51am On Dec 14, 2017
mrvitalis:

All this na noise make Iseral move there sit of power to Jerusalem then I know they are serious

Iseral owned nothing , they came from no where tried to conquer a land but failed

you were raised a Christian and that is why you cannot spell Israel. Shame and palestine is palastain. go back to school. before you finish, thetwo countries will reconcile

3 Likes

Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by cstr1000: 9:59am On Dec 14, 2017
mrvitalis:

The US will soon build start building their Embassy there. Once that happens, it is over.
Isreal will just move their forces there.

No force on earth can change it.
Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by sapientia(m): 10:18am On Dec 14, 2017
No one knows for sure how this will end
Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by Meti99(m): 11:07am On Dec 14, 2017
I still dey laff,
Palestine are in for a defeat, all hands crossed as we watch where this is leading to.
I know this is the beginning of the ending

Trump thumbs up

1 Like

Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by abduljabbar4(m): 12:10pm On Dec 14, 2017
Running204:
These stu*pid terrorist Moslem's, needs to be flogged. grin grin grin

like the way one thief was flogged ans nailed to the cross cheesy

1 Like

Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by abduljabbar4(m): 12:16pm On Dec 14, 2017
cstr1000:

The US will soon build start building their Embassy there. Once that happens, it is over.
Isreal will just move their forces there.

No force on earth can change it.

Lol. so far only two countries have recognized the changecheesy
Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by abduljabbar4(m): 12:18pm On Dec 14, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Islam is approaching the end of it reign I see ..Iran will fall in the coming month and Sunnis will be put in their place .

So you still haven't changed your mind after reading my words of wisdom

i have told you already, America does not have the balls to attack any nuclear armed country otherwise North Korea would have been a waste land already but the cowards know what they are up againstcheesy
Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 14, 2017
abduljabbar4:

like the way one thief was flogged ans nailed to the cross cheesy
U call him a thief,I call him a saviour. Ur stu*pid Mohammed that knows noting than to defile Young girls n shield innocent blood. I spit on such worthless religion.
Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by abduljabbar4(m): 12:23pm On Dec 14, 2017
Running204:
U call him a thief,I call him a saviour. Ur stu*pid Mohammed that knows noting than to defile Young girls n shield innocent blood. I spit on such worthless religion.

He probably learnt the art of defiling young girls from the high one(as in cocaine) who raped a virgin without her consent and fvcked some innocent Canaan virgins and encouraged moses to do the same
Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 14, 2017
abduljabbar4:

He probably learnt the art of defiling young girls from the high one(as in cocaine) who raped a virgin without her consent and fvcked some innocent Canaan virgins and encouraged moses to do the same
What do u gat to say abt the continuous killing of individuals all over d world by Moslem's? Give more info abt these. U can support ur fellow fa*ggots as usual.
Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by abduljabbar4(m): 12:36pm On Dec 14, 2017
Running204:
What do u gat to say abt the continuous killing of individuals all over d world by Moslem's? Give more info abt these. U can support ur fellow fa*ggots as usual.

The christain crusaders, moses and his jewish jihadist brothers, yahweh himself and Adolph Hitler( who was a Catholic whether you agree or not) terrorized more people some centuries ago. Maybe this is our turn. I would rather be a fagghot than to eliminate an entire race just because one murderous father os israel asked me to do so
Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 14, 2017
abduljabbar4:

The christain crusaders, moses and his jewish brothers, and yahweh himself and Adolph Hitler( who was a Catholic whether you agree or not) terrorized more people some centuries ago. Maybe this is our turn. I would rather be a fagghot than to eliminate an entire race just because one murderous father os israel asked me to do so
yeah go ahead.....now u know while other religions hate u Moslem's with passion. Keep planning evil n it shall be melted back to u a thousand times.
Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by abduljabbar4(m): 4:54pm On Dec 14, 2017
Running204:
yeah go ahead.....now u know while other religions hate u Moslem's with passion. Keep planning evil n it shall be melted back to u a thousand times.

Lolcheesy

well we hate you toocheesy

simple
Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 14, 2017
abduljabbar4:

Lolcheesy

well we hate you toocheesy

simple
Good... So stop crying n face d music. Jerusalem is now capital of Israel
Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by abduljabbar4(m): 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2017
Running204:
Good... So stop crying n face d music. Jerusalem is now capital of Israel

... according to America and Czech republic while the EU, UN, AU, Hezbollah, Arab coalition hell even NAFDAC and ASUU do nott recognise it cheesy
Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 14, 2017
abduljabbar4:

... according to America and Czech republic while the EU, UN, AU, Hezbollah, Arab coalition hell even NAFDAC and ASUU do nott recognise it cheesy
Keep deceiving urself grin grin what America says,is final.

1 Like

Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by abduljabbar4(m): 5:51pm On Dec 14, 2017
Running204:
Keep deceiving urself grin grin what America says,is final.
Like the way they promiser to end North Korea before they build an intercontinental ballistic missilecheesy
Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2017
abduljabbar4:

Like the way they promiser to end North Korea before they build an intercontinental ballistic missilecheesy
Since u are so pained abt the declaration made by d USA,u can as well rally around ur stu*pid Moslem folk's n try change it. Fu*ck off my mention angry
Re: OIC Declares East Jerusalem As Palestinian Capital by abduljabbar4(m): 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2017
Running204:
Since u are so pained abt the declaration made by d USA,u can as well rally around ur stu*pid Moslem folk's n try change it. Fu*ck off my mention angry

Cry me a river cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Man Who Funds ISIS: Bilal Erdogan, The Son Of Turkey's President / Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students / Very Graphic Photos Of Bloody Clash Between Two Sects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.