Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

#throwback: How I Made Obasanjo Head Of State Against His Wish -gen T.y Danjuma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #throwback: How I Made Obasanjo Head Of State Against His Wish -gen T.y Danjuma (1309 Views)

Orji Kalu: How Mandela Made Obasanjo Drop His 3rd Term Bid / T.Y Danjuma Worth $1.2bn, Owns International Hotels – Bloomberg / Abdulsalami, IBB, Danjuma, Gusau Made Obasanjo President In 1999 — Bamaiyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#throwback: How I Made Obasanjo Head Of State Against His Wish -gen T.y Danjuma by oikirodah(m): 5:06am On Dec 14, 2017
“Then, Murtala was killed. I think it is public knowledge that Obasanjo fled on the day Murtala Muhammed was killed. He remained in hiding until the coup was aborted and he reached out, first, to M.D Yusuf (Inspector-General of Police), who then called him and he came out of hiding, and joined us in Dodan Barracks. We discussed the funeral of Muhammed and made arrangement as to who would accompany his remains to Kano, so on and so forth.

At the end of the meeting, Obasanjo asked M.D Yusuf and I to stay with him in the chambers (Dodan Barracks). After everybody had left, Obasanjo told M.D Yusuf and I that what had happened had destroyed his faith in the loyalty of the Nigerian Army. That he had decided that after the funeral, he would retire, leave the Army and go home. But before that he would name me as the successor to Murtala. I told him that, that amounted to desertion and that he could not run away. He was number 2, number 1 had been killed in battle; he as number 2 would take over.
https://www.ireporteronline.com/throwback-thursday-made-obasanjo-head-state-wish-gen-t-y-danjuma/

Re: #throwback: How I Made Obasanjo Head Of State Against His Wish -gen T.y Danjuma by Nobody: 5:14am On Dec 14, 2017
Obasanjo has always been overhype by the lagos ibadam press.

while behind close doors na begging things.. n slaving for hausa/fulani.
power brokers understand this.. na why they don't really take him serious.
but always find a way to massage that ego.. make e no ne say..

if na lie.. make una tell me one OBj ambition wey he carried out...on his own.

providence was there for him.. all his personal projects are flop.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #throwback: How I Made Obasanjo Head Of State Against His Wish -gen T.y Danjuma by emmie14: 6:08am On Dec 14, 2017
Who ask you? Old story.
Re: #throwback: How I Made Obasanjo Head Of State Against His Wish -gen T.y Danjuma by ibkgab001: 6:11am On Dec 14, 2017
Lollll
Re: #throwback: How I Made Obasanjo Head Of State Against His Wish -gen T.y Danjuma by Nutase: 6:21am On Dec 14, 2017
Fulani slayer
Re: #throwback: How I Made Obasanjo Head Of State Against His Wish -gen T.y Danjuma by AdolfHitlerxXx: 6:30am On Dec 14, 2017
bounty007:

Call OBJ whatever you want....all your lineage's achievements multiplied by 1 trillion can't be up to 1% what he has achieved

Bede2u:

He was under strict instructions to follow Murtala's programmes and to hand over to hausa fulani in 1979

He was imprisoned with the intention of leaving him to die like yar'adua until providence saved him

Ibb and Abdulsalami made him president as the only yoruba man they can trust...to right the injustice of june 12

Atiku got him re-elected because of the believe he would hand over to him in 2007

Its on record that yorubas generally dont consider him a yoruba leader because he is detribalised

YOU only, know all these secrets ? Was your grandfather their security guard or you inherited a subzero IQ from him ?

1 Like

Re: #throwback: How I Made Obasanjo Head Of State Against His Wish -gen T.y Danjuma by Bede2u(m): 6:32am On Dec 14, 2017
AdolfHitlerxXx:

Call OBJ whatever you want....all your lineage's achievements multiplied by 1 trillion can't be up to 1% what he has achieved

bounty007:

but always find a way to massage that ego.. make e no ne say..

if na lie.. make una tell me one OBj ambition wey he carried out...on his own.

providence was there for him.. all his personal projects are flop.

AdolfHitlerxxx The same can be said of your lineage too, considering that you are not Obj's relative.

Bounty, u are correct. In 1976 he was made Head of state by the hausas in order not to truncate Army heirachy. He was under strict instructions to follow Murtala's programmes and to hand over to hausa fulani in 1979

In 1995 when he started insulting Abacha because of the Abiola saga, he was imprisoned with the intention of leaving him to die like yar'adua until providence saved him

In 1998 when he came out, Ibb and Abdulsalami made him president as the only yoruba man they can trust...to right the injustice of june 12

1n 2003 Atiku got him re-elected because of the believe he would hand over to him in 2007

In 2006 his 3rd term agender was summarily thrown into dustbin by Ken Nnamani led senate.

In 2015 he lost his ward and senatorial zone to Buruj kashamu

Its on record that yorubas generally dont consider him a yoruba leader because he is detribalised

He is however Nigeria's best president till date (if u remove yaradua's short time in office)

1 Like

Re: #throwback: How I Made Obasanjo Head Of State Against His Wish -gen T.y Danjuma by emmalexabl(m): 6:50am On Dec 14, 2017
Obasanjo is an afonja meaning that cowardice runs in his blood.

In fact cowards would be ashamed of him.. . grin cheesy
Re: #throwback: How I Made Obasanjo Head Of State Against His Wish -gen T.y Danjuma by AdolfHitlerxXx: 7:26am On Dec 14, 2017
Bede2u:
AdolfHitlerxxx The same can be said of your lineage too, considering that you are not Obj's relative.

Bounty, u are correct. In 1976 he was made Head of state by the hausas in order not to truncate Army heirachy. He was under strict instructions to follow Murtala's programmes and to hand over to hausa fulani in 1979

In 1995 when he started insulting Abacha because of the Abiola saga, he was imprisoned with the intention of leaving him to die like yar'adua until providence saved him

In 1998 when he came out, Ibb and Abdulsalami made him president as the only yoruba man they can trust...to right the injustice of june 12

1n 2003 Atiku got him re-elected because of the believe he would hand over to him in 2007

In 2006 his 3rd term agender was summarily thrown into dustbin by Ken Nnamani led senate.

In 2015 he lost his ward and senatorial zone to Buruj kashamu

He is however Nigeria's best president till date (if u remove yaradua's short time in office)

Blah blah blah.

Keep working on the epistles while your mates are counting money.

Your rants on OBJ would make you a billionaire. Work on it.

ODE OLORIBURUKU
Re: #throwback: How I Made Obasanjo Head Of State Against His Wish -gen T.y Danjuma by three: 7:41am On Dec 14, 2017
Who's the pretty lady beside Danjuma?

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Appoints 209 Chairmen,1258 Members For Govt Agencies | See List / A Woman May One Day Rule Nigeria And Be Allowed To Get Pregnant While In Office / 2019ELECTOIN: Buhari Releases 5 ‘indisputable Facts’ About Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.